Thai doctor offered bribe to drop lawsuit in Swiss scandal

webfact

31 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

The police are doing the right thing (i know world turning upside down) she has no physical injuries from the assault and mental harm is hard to prove definitively, if she continues to push the mental issues she is allegedly suffering from she might have her medical license suspended (depending what type of doctor she is )

she is definitely enjoying he 3 weeks of fame and is desperate to remain in the spotlight, 

Very interesting opinion indeed. I'd have to think a bit if I wanted my health placed under the care of a young Dr suffering from PTSD?

Perhaps the Royal Thai Army could find a place for her with a salary double that of a 7-11 employee. 555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

The issue lies in the fact that in the LOS that if the BIB get involved in the negotiations they will want their cut of the booty.

Well indeed, but that’s how it usually happens in Thailand. The BIB need to be involved to make sure that both parties are happy with any settlement reached; thus insuring that no charges can be brought at a later date by a plaintiff that has accepted the terms.

BIB often suggest initial terms and act as mediator between the parties; they would undoubtably try and get a piece of the action for themselves if they can.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, bananafish said:

If you think the article doesn't say police asked her to sign an urgent document, and had she signed it, charges would have been reduced, then you need to read the article again, because it does say that. 

That's unrelated to the money offered to her directly. Maybe take your own advise, read the article again and understand that there are two different things happening.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Maybe you haven’t acquainted yourself with all aspects of this case; he initially said that he didn’t know it was a Thai national that he kicked. He said he thought it was a Chinese woman … how’s that for racism ?

And BTW, have you got anything on topic to say about this issue, or do you just troll threads to see if you can find any comments to criticise. With the thread 7 pages old, your comment to me appears to be your first one.

I don't see how assuming a Thai was Chinese in the dark is racist. 

Regarding calling me a troll for commenting on your abusive language toward him, I think the matter speaks for itself. I'm not going to stoop to your level.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:13 PM, jaideedave said:

This young Dr is obviously (to me) being coached big time for fame and fortune.

Davey boy is probably guilty of something no doubt in my mind.

Thing is that Dr's here are held in god like esteem here and can do no wrong. In the past I had a heated argument with my wife when I disagreed with a statement a Dr made concerning a med issue I was having.

She couldn't believe that I questioned the Dr's advice.

I think it comes from the training they get from school to keep quiet and listen to what you're told and believe whatever you told I've had several times where the partner says all they say this so it must be true even though the facts is otherwise it's just education brainwashing

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I don't see how assuming a Thai was Chinese in the dark is racist. 

Regarding calling me a troll for commenting on your abusive language toward him, I think the matter speaks for itself. I'm not going to stoop to your level.

He said he only kicked her because he thought she was Chinese, and would not have kicked her if he’d thought she was Thai …. if you don’t understand the racism in that, nobody will ever be able to explain it to you.

And why are you defending this odious, entitled bully ?

• Agree 2

On 4/10/2024 at 7:47 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Every Thai is against corruption, until it benefits them, then it is not a big problem: not think too much, sabaai sabaai

Hm,...Same goes for most Farangs !!! they are against corruption, until it benefits them as well !!

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Cereal said:

All he saw was the back of my head getting smaller as I calmly walked out the door with my humiliated wife trailing behind. I told her that in Canada, doctors don't look like pigs and are at least semi-intelligent.

You seem to have adapted seamlessly to life in South East Asia.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

This case is now more about the corrupt system, than he as a person! He is just the face now of something bigger than him. 

What media says and her advisors tells her is irrelevant, and just the game that comes with it.

He did a mistake, now it is about the corrupt system thats unfair, and the Thais love it, but, when the curtains goes down, its back to normal. 

Can anyone show me what Anutin says about corruption in Phuket? 

David will face charges for having weapon license for a clock and a rifle, but cant see anyone mention the one giving him the license wrongly and illegally. 

I can see the need for a rifle if an elephant goes rogue it could come in handy but surely it should be kept on site at all times for the supervisor to use if needed (which it wasn't)

13 minutes ago, RobU said:

I can see the need for a rifle if an elephant goes rogue it could come in handy but surely it should be kept on site at all times for the supervisor to use if needed (which it wasn't)

Rifle not needed for that situation Rob; a tranquillising gun is far more effective, and much more target friendly. You are of course correct that it should be kept securely on site.

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

BS! It is not anti white if you are not braking rules or the law. If you are stupid, face the consequences.  Most white people with resources and connections pay the system as a local do! A thai without resources and contacts face the same if not worse as a white guy. You just show you have little knowledge and experience with thailand. Life in thailand is equally unfair for those who is lower on the ranks. Ignorant to calm out racist unfairness. 

Bull<deleted>? Sounds like you are describing a justice system which is a complete joke. Wait, didn't I write that? 😅 Probably English is not your first language and you failed to understand what was communicated! Just take some online classes, I do that too, and talk with a South African cutie every day to increase my skills.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:42 AM, mfd101 said:

Conclusion: Some people in Thailand are corrupt, but not necessarily all. And some of the most corrupt may not be Thai.

some people are corrupt in most countries, in some countries checks and balances are more effective then in others. thailand isn't the worst for corruption, but corruption is certainly entwined in the fabric of society.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Rifle not needed for that situation Rob; a tranquillising gun is far more effective, and much more target friendly. You are of course correct that it should be kept securely on site.

Thanks for putting me straight 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, RobU said:

Thanks for putting me straight 

I should also have added, and far more importantly, that using a tranquillising gun means you do not end the life one of these magnificent creatures that can inhabit earth for as many as 70 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

He said he only kicked her because he thought she was Chinese, and would not have kicked her if he’d thought she was Thai …. if you don’t understand the racism in that, nobody will ever be able to explain it to you.

And why are you defending this odious, entitled bully ?

I generally have no problems with the other things you have said about him as they don't carry the same weight as labeling someone racist.  I 100% agree that he is an odious, entitled bully though. 

38 minutes ago, khunpin said:

The crim farang should pay for his assault kick! 

But it's obvious that the victim wants way more money. 

Criminal farang and greedy Thai - never a good combination. 

She is not asking for money, and has turned down an attempted bribe; she is asking for him to be prosecuted under section 295, rather than section 391, which the police tried to rush her into agreeing with. Might help if you acquainted yourself with the facts before making egregious accusations.

Where is Thailand scientific medical community to support Thai lady doctor from scientific community?

Is it responsible stance from Thai medical scientific community?

Human dignity should not be negotiated and be defined  comparing to 🤪 "Golden visa" 🤪 from "golden" Swiss -Russian -Ukranian -or Australian -Britain -Canadian -American "gentlemen".

I do not accept your "pardon" or forgiveness "gentleman" because Kingdom of Thailand have civil law and you do not have any right with your unacceptable stance to insult Thai civilians mainly Thai lady doctor from scientific community.

Five years ban to "gentleman" to take his lesson from Thailand because human dignity is not subject of "negotiation"!

I'm angry enouth with the attitude and stance of Thai justice system.