Phuket Governor Addresses Rumors in Swiss Expat Alleged Assault Case

webfact

45 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Right on the money Rob. I have a friend in Phuket who tells me the whole charity front is a complete sham, and that it is simply a cash cow, funded by the well meaning incurious and gullible.

I actually hope it does continue as a petting zoo under new management and ownership with the profits actually going back into the business. It seems to provide employment for elephant owners and their families, I believe it takes a lot of food to feed an elephant. Perhaps under collective ownership of the 'employees'

Edited by RobU
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, damo1967 said:

I can only hope this guy's days in Thailand are numbered.

A coward.. a woman basher.. a weak bully.. a poor excuse for a man.  He does not belong in Thailand.

I can see many protests if this POS is allowed to remain in Thailand.

A bully will never pick on or fight some-one of equal strength or greater strength.  This is what this coward did.. kicked a Thai lady innocently sitting on some steps minding her own business.

I have said this before:- "Would he have kicked a man in the back?  Would he have kicked a man with a 'muay thai' shirt on?  OF COURSE NOT... He needs to be removed permanently from Thailand.  (not even going to mention the 'ambulance' video).. a POS that needs to go!

'A coward.. a woman basher.. a weak bully.. a poor excuse for a man.'

Like most Thai men, then. Seems he fits right in.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, damo1967 said:

I can only hope this guy's days in Thailand are numbered.

A coward.. a woman basher.. a weak bully.. a poor excuse for a man.  He does not belong in Thailand.

I can see many protests if this POS is allowed to remain in Thailand.

A bully will never pick on or fight some-one of equal strength or greater strength.  This is what this coward did.. kicked a Thai lady innocently sitting on some steps minding her own business.

I have said this before:- "Would he have kicked a man in the back?  Would he have kicked a man with a 'muay thai' shirt on?  OF COURSE NOT... He needs to be removed permanently from Thailand.  (not even going to mention the 'ambulance' video).. a POS that needs to go!

'A coward.. a woman basher.. a weak bully.. a poor excuse for a man.'

Like most Thai men, then. Seems he fits right in.

7 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Pachyderm human behaviour against to Thai lady from scientific community.

Golden visa is involved in this corruption system and lawyers use "collaterals" to support the Swiss client.

Where is Thai scientific community to support Thai doctor? Its not a sipmle "isolated case" against Thai civilians from European territory.

At least 5 years ban to ender again Thailand because human rights and dig human nity is not "negotiated" at any price.

So funny. 'Scientific community'. 

6 hours ago, Acharn said:

Eyes like stones, and throwing a gang sign. I'll be glad if he's finally expelled from the Kingdom.

Come on, show us your eyes then. Throwing a gang sign? Pathetic, little kids do it. Grow up, you're full of hate and prejudice. Btw, let's also have a look at the 'doctor's' eyes while we're at it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Ok...so now the Governor is involved as well as top cops.....all they need now is a bent lawyer.

A familiar tale.

It's becoming clear that elephants are more important than kicked doctors. 

17 hours ago, BigStar said:

Maybe it's time to give up this irrelevant whataboutism we love to whinge constantly.

On the the other hand, would he have kicked a farang who could fight back?

No that is not usually the mindset of a bully, bullies typically pick on people that can't fight back, it would sure be fun to have seen him kick somebody who is very competent in the martial arts, and watch the video of the reaction when Fehr was knocked down and on the ground crying and pleaing for mercy. 

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Fishy indeed.

"He finally opened the sanctuary with five pachyderms but it cost him all his savings. 

Slowly, the park is making a profit through half-day tours where visitors pay 2,500 Baht to bathe with elephants and get their photos taken. The money is immediately invested in the rescue of new animals."

If he spent all his savings, and all income from the "sanctuary" is reinvested in it, where does the money for a luxury villa and expensive cars come from?

"If he spent all his savings, and all income from the "sanctuary" is reinvested in it, where does the money for a luxury villa and expensive cars come from?"

Good point!

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Fishy indeed.

"He finally opened the sanctuary with five pachyderms but it cost him all his savings. 

Slowly, the park is making a profit through half-day tours where visitors pay 2,500 Baht to bathe with elephants and get their photos taken. The money is immediately invested in the rescue of new animals."

If he spent all his savings, and all income from the "sanctuary" is reinvested in it, where does the money for a luxury villa and expensive cars come from?

Not from renting out his attractive  :whistling: 🐃 / wife :cheesy:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Some related articles:

"Phuket Revokes Swiss Man's Elephant Foundation License," March 11 in Phuket News.

• "Phuket officials are moving to cancel the license of an elephant foundation owned by Urs Fehr, a Swiss national after he reportedly assaulted a Thai woman on a beach. The action, confirmed by Governor Sophon Suwannarat"

"Phuket’s Elephant Sanctuary Controversy: Urs Fehr’s License Revoked amid Wildlife Conservation Concerns"

By editorial team March 10, 2024 by CTN News

• "The sanctuary itself, boasting 14 elephants and sprawling over 40,000 square meters near Surin Beach"
  • Governor Sophon Suwannarat announced that investigators had discovered that Urs Fehr’s Green Elephant Sanctuary Park was being utilized illegally and that its license would be cancelled.

"Swiss Man Has License to Elephant Sanctuary in Phuket Revoked," published March 10, 2024 

• "According to Governor Sophon, the Green Elephant Sanctuary Park has 14 elephants, 13 of which are hired 13 and one brought from the northern province of Phrae." (my bold)

"Phuket officials are moving to cancel the license ....."

Of course, these things take time, what with all the paperwork to fill in, and mulling over all the different options of how to make some money out of it, while appearing to be doing the "right thing" so that the image of the country is not affected?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Phuket officials are moving to cancel the license ....."

Of course, these things take time, what with all the paperwork to fill in, and mulling over all the different options of how to make some money out of it, while appearing to be doing the "right thing" so that the image of the country is not affected?

I hope they don't revoke the license, just get rid of him.

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

Our posters with educations of much higher excellence than yours have already rejected the term bribe in favor of settlement.

Well, I would have to disagree; settlement is certainly not covering bribing ....... You settle a dispute amicably (or not), you settle a bill, i.e. it is the end of something when you "settle". A bribe can and is more often than not reoccurring and does not explicitly have to be based on a dispute or an open bill; it can be a "token of appreciation" which would not be covered by "settlement". 

As a non-native English speaker I am always amazed, how diversified and to-the-point English can be; for good measure throw in idioms and Bob's your uncle! 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Somrak said:

This Thai Junior "Doc" should BE investigatet and the about she not get hurt prosecuted!

English language version of your comment would be appreciated, when you can find the time …. many thanks.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, IslandLover said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As he runs/ran an apparently successful elephant sanctuary also, why shouldn't he use his own money to travel as he sees fit?

It's not an elephant "sanctuary" (for mistreated animals) when you have to rent them.  It's just another money-making tourist attraction.

That wasn't my point, at all, whatever the business is, it is his business so it is up to him how he spends the proceeds.  I'll rephrase my previous comment for you...

"As he runs/ran an apparently successful elephant park also, why shouldn't he use his own money to travel as he sees fit?"

17 hours ago, RobU said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As he runs/ran an apparently successful elephant sanctuary also, why shouldn't he use his own money to travel as he sees fit?

Lou, it's a charity not a business.

The Green Elephant Sanctuary is not a charity, where does it claim to be such an entity ?    Show me otherwise, if you have that information.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, they are all wrong; if it was a settlement, it would need to be negotiated directly between the interested parties, almost always in the presence of the police.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That wasn't my point, at all, whatever the business is, it is his business so it is up to him how he spends the proceeds.  I'll rephrase my previous comment for you...

"As he runs/ran an apparently successful elephant park also, why shouldn't he use his own money to travel as he sees fit?"

I'm sure he loves living the high life on money he's conned out of others.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Green Elephant Sanctuary is not a charity, where does it claim to be such an entity ?    Show me otherwise, if you have that information.

A front for donations i.e. a charity

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/boredom-in-switzerland-leads-to-an-elephant-refuge-in-thailand/47207918

Yes, that article has been linked, ad nauseum, but nowhere in it is there a request for donations, or that is is a charity.  It actually refers to it's profit-making success through visitors paying for tours.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, that article has been linked, ad nauseum, but nowhere in it is there a request for donations, or that is is a charity.  It actually refers to it's profit-making success through visitors paying for tours.

You have a point Lou

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:27 AM, chickenslegs said:

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/boredom-in-switzerland-leads-to-an-elephant-refuge-in-thailand/47207918

Probably from renting out the group of former American soldiers he employs.

Why does a Swiss guy who used to work in 'security' want to employ former US soldiers to help him run an Elephant sanctuary?

Especially when his landlord is a former Thai Army Pilot

One can only wonder his true source of income. 

Sound more like the A team than the E Team here

But he is connected. A friend of a friend. Watch the brush start to sweep it under the carpet.

https://thainewsroom.com/2024/03/04/senior-phuket-policeman-just-a-friend-of-a-friend-of-swiss-man-facing-charges/

Edited by Muzzique

On 4/13/2024 at 8:02 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

In addition to the Green Elephant Sanctuary Park, Fehr also runs the Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation, which does collect donations. 

But I'm sure that everything is "above board".

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/phuket-revokes-license-of-elephant-foundation-owned-by-swiss-expat-454791