Pakistani Man Arrested in Patong for 337 Days of Overstay

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – A Pakistani man was arrested in Patong after he was found to have overstayed his legal visa by 337 days.

Phuket Immigration officers told the Phuket Express that earlier this month they arrested a suspect identified only as MR. ASHFAQ, 34, a Pakistani national. He was arrested at a rental room on the Ratcha Uthit 200 Pi Road in Patong.

He was taken to the Patong Police Station to face charges of overstaying. The arrest came after police received a tip-off that there was an illegal foreigner staying at the rental room.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-04-13

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

The other side of the story. If you go to the Pakistani embassy in Bkk to apply for a visa to enter Pakistan expect to be spoken to with disdain, severe rudeness and slower than slow attention.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The arrest came after police received a tip-off that there was an illegal foreigner staying at the rental room.

So not picked up on the computer system .

I just received my 90 day reminder , obviously an automated diue to the holidays etc.

Surely they can put software in their system that pings when somebody has not done their 90 day report or years extension ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

The other side of the story. If you go to the Pakistani embassy in Bkk to apply for a visa to enter Pakistan expect to be spoken to with disdain, severe rudeness and slower than slow attention.  

I agree, not on my bucket list either.  I went to Karachi once for business. On my return, I told the boss that I'd resign before ever going back there. 

Dirty, stinking rubbish hole.  I found no redeeming qualities at all in that place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, NE1 said:

So not picked up on the computer system .

I just received my 90 day reminder , obviously an automated diue to the holidays etc.

Surely they can put software in their system that pings when somebody has not done their 90 day report or years extension ?

Its your job to do the 90 Days Report! Why should make the Immigration Office a Reminder:post-4641-1156694572:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Its your job to do the 90 Days Report! Why should make the Immigration Office a Reminder:post-4641-1156694572:

I know it is my job to do my 90 day report , and Immigration do send out a reminder.

If you had read my post , I typed the words " I just received my 90 day reminder , obviously an automated diue to the holidays etc."

Didn't that give you a clue ?

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

From the full story; He only spoke English :cheesy:

Is this the same one as last week? 

Was thinking the same, but different name.