Anutin tells Swiss man Urs Fehr he should go home

webfact

Regardless of he being not too smart to say this in public prior to completion of legal process, this is possibly the first time something he says makes sense IF what is told/shown by media is true. 

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

There seems to be a lot of murky details about what exactly happened (was the doctor actually kicked), the credibility of witnesses, etc.,

There is a video, which the Swiss doctor kicker took himself.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I can't for the life of me understand why this vile creep wants to stay in Thailand. Not Anutin, the Swiss guy. 

Money, free money. He runs (controls a few elephants) an elephant 'sanctuary' that he solicits contributions for. Elephants have a roof over their heads, food of sorts and perhaps are happy. HE has an excellent roof over his head, excellent food and drink, and happy enough he'd like some more of the easy life.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul ,I think you could say ,is not fond of Farangs

to say the least , Dirty Farangs was one of his quotes ,as he is minister of the Interior,

I would say the Swiss guy has zero chance of appealing against losing his Visa .and

I think his behavior justifies this , bye David. your actions have caused a lot of problems

for Farangs in Phuket ....

regards Worgeordie

Can’t say that I have noticed any difference in attitude toward farang in Phuket.

I suppose it’s a popular bandwagon to hitch to, but the reality is there has always been far worse cases than this Swiss guy and if he would just leave the country as he will inevitably be forced to do, the whole thing will blow over.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Anutin would like all of us dirty, smelly farang to leave Thailand. My best memory of him was during the pandemic when, mingling with a crowd, he declared that any foreigner not wearing a mask should be deported, said when he wasn't wearing a mask himself.

Although ultimately, his recommendation that people wear masks was generally accepted to be a sensible health precaution by virtually every health authority in the developed world.

the photos that I saw of him at the time, he was wearing a mask.

he’s a jerk and a racist, but it doesn’t change the facts of what occurred.

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Shouldn't this just be left up to the courts? Anutin weighing in on this legal proceeding before it has concluded is akin to Nixon opining on Charlie Manson's guilt half-way through the Tate-LaBianca murder trial.  More restraint and respect for the judiciary's independence from politicians would also help instill greater confidence in the public, both here and abroad, that the final decision on this high profile case was made fairly and impartially. 

It will be pretty hard to instill any confidence in me, whether Anutin weighs in or not. Since he has,  My personal needle now moves from 99.9% no confidence, to 100%. Not a lot of change

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Carlotta said:

Anutin's statement is just the mainstream. So what?

Hitlers statements in the late 1930's were also the mainstream..

Did that make them right?

Bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

What's really sad is that Minister Anutin probably doesn't even realise he is subverting the course of justice by advocating an outcome yet to be determined by the Court.

Interesting time for farangs (and western countries) if Anutin ever becomes Prime Minister. Expect a sharp swing to China and tougher rules for expats.

visa revocation is a separate issue and doesn't come under the court's remit

Court's remit is he guilty of assault or not

Here someone else that got told to go for else and no court case

Gary Glitter given 'unconditional' deadline to leave Thailand

The former rock star Gary Glitter is being forced to leave Thailand because he poses a “threat to domestic morality”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/2590974/Gary-Glitter-given-unconditional-deadline-to-leave-Thailand.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Im not sure what is correct, but always heard they pay to get their position. 

One way of the other, pay with monetary instruments or complete fealty, either one or both work fine, I'm sure.

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

visa revocation is a separate issue and doesn't come under the court's remit

Court's remit is he guilty of assault or not

Here someone else that got told to go for else and no court case

Gary Glitter given 'unconditional' deadline to leave Thailand

The former rock star Gary Glitter is being forced to leave Thailand because he poses a “threat to domestic morality”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/2590974/Gary-Glitter-given-unconditional-deadline-to-leave-Thailand.html

Sorry, I was thinking of other countries where appeal of Ministerial decisions is typically allowable. I remember the farce around the deportation of the famous tennis star, Novac Djokovic, from Australia during the Covid years.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Goat said:

Exploiting elephant cruelty for profit, paying money under the table.

What's not fitting with Thainess about that? That's the way of the culture for decades upon decades....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Now he is also urging Governor Sophon to make sure that the prosecution against Mr Fehr is not settled financially.

Does he mean like all Thai Hi-So’s do when they stuff up for far far far worse? A Thai is granted equal justice under the law in most civilised western countries but it’s clear you can’t expect the same in return. Not that I think the accused doesn’t deserve punishment but this is clearly turning into a lynch mob not dissimilar to the days of the KKK minus the sheets.

• Thanks 1

Anutin is just trying avoid wasting Thai administration resources and Fehr's money. Fehr's visa has already been canceled and even if the appeal is successful in a court, Anutin indicates he can deport Fehr.

Anutin is also sending a clear message to all foreigners, Thailand doesn't tolerate foreigners who assault Thai people and try to buy their way out of situations that causes social unrest. 

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1