Thailand suspends TM 6 immigration forms (arrival/departure)

On 4/13/2024 at 5:45 AM, george said:

The requirement for the form will not apply to international visitors who arrive by air.

From the OP, this sentence is somewhat confusing as, for several years there has been no requirement for a TM6 when arriving by air.

Perhaps it should say  "The requirement for the form will still not apply to international visitors who arrive by air."

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, I was going to caution about that.... that people who have their last prior TM6 still stapled in their passport ought to leave it there..... and not discard it.... despite the reported news above.

Last time I was at BKK CW Immigration to renew my retirement extension, because I had seen the practice of the TM6 forms no longer being issued to incoming air travelers, I asked the IO if I could now discard my last old TM6...

And they advised NO, that at least for the time being, I should keep it, as they were still asking for photocopies of it for various purposes.

They now want copies for 90-Day reports. I've watched them shred the copies after you turn them in along with the TM-47. 

9 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

Stupid question: Why only 6, and why exactly these?

The article mentions 8 and it's because of "their high traffic of foreign visitors and strategic importance to international travel" according to another news report.

• Haha 1

They always made me laugh.

Firstly people scrambling for a pen in the immigration queue. Then the baffled faces of people who didn't know the address of their hotel.

People who couldn't read English.

'Address in Thailand' - lots of tourists stay one night in Bangkok before moving on - so what was required? There was barely enough space to write your first address in, never mind any ongoing stays.  Neither was there any check that you were actually staying at the address you entered - so what use was the TM6 in any case?

Then there were the queues at Immigration when you left because some people has lost their TM6.

Complete waste of time and trees.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treetops said:

The article mentions 8 and it's because of "their high traffic of foreign visitors and strategic importance to international travel" according to another news report.

Yes I know, it's 8. Sorry for my "Fauxpas".

6, or 8, doesn't change anything, about what I wrote.

But, thank you!

"International Travel" and congestion at "Naratiwat" boarder crossing...

Give me a break.

It seems, every Malaysian Ringit counts at the moment...

During the "Worlds biggest Sonkran, ever".

Lol

9 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

"International Travel" and congestion at "Naratiwat" boarder crossing...

Give me a break.

Don't shoot the messenger.  They were not my words. 🙂

• Thanks 1