Another "quality" tourist

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

OP is shocked that out of millions of tourists that visit, some of them can be a$$holes

He wanted only to impress his girl 

Nothing serious 

It's tricky.  In most Western countries pedestrians pretty much always have right of way, and you aren't allowed to just drive into people.  In Thailand, it's more that pedestrians never have right of way and are obligated to move out of the way of any vehicle, whether at a zebra crossing, a red light, or on a sidewalk.

It takes a little time to adjust to this and people can get very angry at having their perceived right of way violated. 

Possibly something that should be explained on the flight over.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

What’s his AN name?

After reading recent posts, there are many with this superiority complex attitude, it is always someone else’s fault, and want to defend every stupid foreigner that needs to displays their masculinity through anger, hostility, and violence.

Another ‘quality’ visitor, who lacks the intelligence to see how stupid he is, and hides his ignorance, through his full on arrogance.

It's just a case of pedestrians vs cars.

In case you hadn't noticed: Thai drivers, in general, have zero respect for pedestrians (or other drivers)  regardless of the circumstances. 

I once witnessed a taxi drive through a group of people who were on a crosswalk (with a green man) and actually hit one of them gently and just kept driving.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It's just a case of pedestrians vs cars.

In case you hadn't noticed: Thai drivers, in general, have zero respect for pedestrians (or other drivers)  regardless of the circumstances. 

I once witnessed a taxi drive through a group of people who were on a crosswalk (with a green man) and actually hit one of them gently and just kept driving.

Thank you for proving my comment.

A bit of “whataboutism”,to defend this clown, and good to get in your bit of Thai bashing.

Have a good day, which I doubt is possible.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, it is what it is said:

the driver was driving slowly and cautiously, the guy's obviously got issues.

The driver showed absolutely no willingness to stop.

He did his best to get in front of the pedestrians who were already crossing the road, rather than stop willingly to let them finish crossing.

So, they had to walk in front of a moving car or be forced to stand and wait in the middle of the road to let the car through, then suffer the same challenge with the next Thai driver.

But rather than stop completely, the driver then continued to roll slowly towards the group as they crossed getting uncomfortably close to them.

This was probably to hurry them along or to display aggression towards them for crossing the road.

It's a game to the drivers here, I think.

Probably something to do with losing face as well.

I had a similar experience yesterday with a taxi on a crosswalk. 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Thank you for proving my comment.

A bit of “whataboutism”,to defend this clown, and good to get in your bit of Thai bashing.

Have a good day, which I doubt is possible.

Careful when crossing the road. Heaven forbid you should get run over.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

But rather than stop completely, the driver then continued to roll slowly towards the group as they crossed getting uncomfortably close to them

So that makes it OK then, to go in for the attack ?, he did stop though. 

• Agree 1