Major police operation underway reports of 'multiple stabbings' at shopping centre Sydney

Social Media

image.png

A major police operation is under way after reports of multiple stabbings at a shopping centre near Bondi Beach in Sydney. Hundreds of people have been evacuated from the Westfield Bondi Junction shopping centre. A New South Wales ambulance spokesperson said that one of two alleged offenders had been shot by police and they were searching for the other, ABC reported.

image.png

https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1779059053387190764

They also reported that armed police were searching a rooftop parking lot. The ambulance spokesperson said people were still inside the shopping centre. A shopper said she thought she was "going to die".

image.png

https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1779060525378293948

She told ABC News: "I was hiding in the backroom. I was hearing gunshots. It's just the worst thing ever, who does that to people? "I saw a woman lying on the floor in Chanel. "I didn't see him properly, I was running. It's just insanity - I wasn't expecting it. "I thought I was going to die. Every moment was playing through my head, I was so scared."

Waverley Council said on X: "A critical incident has commenced following the shooting of a male at Bondi Junction. Just before 4pm today, emergency services were called to Westfield Bondi Junction following reports of multiple people stabbed. People are urged to avoid the area."

Witness Roi Huberman, an ABC sound engineer, told the network that he sheltered in a store during the incident. "And suddenly we heard a shot or maybe two shots and we didn't know what to do," he said. "Then the very capable person in the store took us to the back where it can be locked. She then locked the store and then she then let us through the back and now we are out."

Source

image.png

• Sad 1

Thoughts are with our Australian brothers and sisters today. At least 5 killed while out shopping in a Sydney mall. Apparently a 9 month old baby was one of the stab victims. 

Looking at the video clips it seems highly likely the attacker was another follower of that peaceful religion. 

At least five killed and several in critical condition after Westfield shopping centre attack in Sydney

https://news.sky.com/story/major-police-operation-under-way-after-reports-of-multiple-stabbings-at-shopping-centre-in-sydney-13113923

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The long reports on the SMH newspaper site and the TV interview with the OZ PM and police commander mention nothing at all about Islamic terrorists. Where did that come from?  

Probably from the CCTV, what he was shouting and the knife, Quran instructs to kill unbelievers and trouble makers in the neck

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, proton said:

They are seen as terrorists because they they are, as was their founder-' I was made victorious by terror' - Mohammad

For me the question is why the Muslim sleeper cells are activated now. There's only one who's benefiting right now. Otherwise ISIS would attack Israel. Oh, didn't they do that? Yes, they did once. And then they apologized.

https://www.humanrightscolumbia.org/political-apologies/isis-apology-israel

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, proton said:

Should be any minute now then, after they deny its terrorism and claim there is no known motive and the good old mental issue excuse

Good call. According to NSW police commissioner Karen Webb, "We are waiting to confirm his identification and if it is the person we believe it is, we don’t have fear for that person holding an ideation. In other words, that it’s not a terrorism incident."

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Because that's often the case. What about all the mass killings that keep happening in the US? I suppose you'd have us believe they're all Islamic terrorism as well?

deflection of the most pointless kind

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1