re entry permit, tm 30, 90 day report

I am on a original type O visa with and extension to stay based on retirement. My extension valid to November 7 2024,  After obtaining a single re entry permit, leaving the country and then returning on April 12 2024, I am still confused about how this process works in regards to my 90 day report. Before I left my 90 day report date was April 21 2024. In this case I returned before my 90 day report date was due. When I arrived at the airport I received a stamp under my re entry permit with my arrival date and the date of my extension renewal November 7 2024.

What do I do now that I am back in the country about tm 30 and 90 day reporting. Do I immediately report to Hua Hin Immigration or wait until my original 90 day report was due. This is at the end of a five day immigration holiday so I would like to understand the process and avoid the office on Wednesday morning if I could

My second question is when I have a valid re entry permit can leave and I re enter the country any time before the expiration date of the (re entry permit/extension of stay) expires with no regard to my original 90 day report. For example can I go away for 120 days and re enter with no problem. Does the 90 days reset on the day I arrive  back in Thailand.  Thank you

Question number 

90 day.jpg

re entry d.jpg

90 Day resets the day you return.  No need to do it until 90 days after your return date.  It is simply a report that you have been in the country 90 days.

TM30 does not need to be updated as you have returned on the same visa/extension, presumably to the same place.  Some offices however might have a different opinion, TiT.

1. Your 90 days resets when you arrive back in Thailand, the day you enter being day 1

2. TM 30 regulations now state it is not required to be done on a re-entry permit, but is very dependent on each immigration office and local policies. Someone else maybe able to tell you Hua Hin requirements.

3.You can leave and return anytime with a re-entry permit, within the given dates, before renewal of your extension of stay. If you leave for 120 days no issue providing you return before expiration date.

4. 90 days reporting is only required if you stay in Thailand for 90 days continuously,  and resets each time you leave and return to the country.

Edit - sorry missed @Upnotover post as I was typing.

Edited by Georgealbert

Just to double check my second question. Can I leave and I re enter the country any time before the expiration date of the (re entry permit/extension of stay) expires with no regard to my original 90 day report.

For example can I go away for 120 days and re enter with no problem.  Just report after the next 90 days pass.

I don't mean to be so anal but I have asked 5 different immigration officers about this and only receive blank stares.

90 report resets upon reentry to Thailand. 

Ignore the reminder.

Your next tm47 due 90 days from most recent entry.

You do not require a TM30 if returning to previous address.

You seem to have obtained a single reentry permit for this recent trip out of Thailand. 

Of course you require another reentry permit if you want to exit again.

Edit: OP, the first 2 posts explain what's required clearly 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, poobear said:

I am on a original type O visa with and extension to stay based on retirement. My extension valid to November 7 2024,  After obtaining a single re entry permit, leaving the country and then returning on April 12 2024, I am still confused about how this process works in regards to my 90 day report. Before I left my 90 day report date was April 21 2024. In this case I returned before my 90 day report date was due. When I arrived at the airport I received a stamp under my re entry permit with my arrival date and the date of my extension renewal November 7 2024.

What do I do now that I am back in the country about tm 30 and 90 day reporting. Do I immediately report to Hua Hin Immigration or wait until my original 90 day report was due. This is at the end of a five day immigration holiday so I would like to understand the process and avoid the office on Wednesday morning if I could

My second question is when I have a valid re entry permit can leave and I re enter the country any time before the expiration date of the (re entry permit/extension of stay) expires with no regard to my original 90 day report. For example can I go away for 120 days and re enter with no problem. Does the 90 days reset on the day I arrive  back in Thailand.  Thank you

Question number 

90 day.jpg

re entry d.jpg

Is this the first time you have left Thailand with a re-entry permit since you became a member on TV/AN in 2005?

Oh no, sorry, I re-read your OP.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, poobear said:

Just to double check my second question. Can I leave and I re enter the country any time before the expiration date of the (re entry permit/extension of stay) expires with no regard to my original 90 day report.

Yes.

18 minutes ago, poobear said:

I'm confused...you stated

"After obtaining a single re entry permit, ..." 

Have you used that reentry permit? 

It's a single.

To exit again you require a new reentry permit 

1 hour ago, poobear said:

After obtaining a single re entry permit, leaving the country and then returning on April 12 2024,

Thank you very much, All my question have already been answered.