ASEANNOW is Joining The Thaiger

snoop1130

1 minute ago, thesetat said:

i do not predict this sale will be a good thing for Asean now or for its members.. As Asean now always took their posts from other news services, now with Thaiger as the owner I think the only news we will actually see will be the same we can see in the Thaiger online. So why have this app?

The only good that came out of this sale is for the owners of Asean now. Perhaps now is a good time to start up website free from Thaigers influence. Utilizing many sources to get us our information. Who can say that Thaiger is unbiased in their approach to giving news to its followers? I can not count the number or ads i have seen in Thaiger shown as a news report when it should have been in their advertising section to promote Thailand. Tis a sad day for Asean Now. 

Great stuff, Thesetat. I am delighted that so many of our contributors are 'media savvy' and can discern the forces running behind editorial shenanigans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading...

"...our core team and moderators will continue to be an integral part of ASEANNOW".

Of course the moderators will remain an important part of the forum, yet the question on will there be change is a fair and valid question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

enhancing the experience for all our forum members and readers.

Great. Remove full page ads as one reads an article or responds, especially video ads and other ads placed not to disrupt reading and "Submit." 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

The only good that came out of this sale is for the owners of Asean now

Possibly, although compared to what they originally paid for it, not so great.

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Then, does this statement mean that the forum will become, once again, Thai Visa, and soar higher, and higher, like the mythical Phoenix?

...do you know what happened to Phoenix??? 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

ThaigerTalk - the forum of The Thaiger - is dedicated to Free Speech with little to no moderation

Great news if those principles come over to Aseannow. 

Sounds this this change will be a good one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

My suggestions to the new mgt:

1) Bring back non-anonymous emojis so we know who put up all those scrunchy faces.

2) In the poster reputation rankings, use AI to rate the positivity of the poster's contribution.  And how many of each type emoji they used. Expose the downers, the trolls and the meanies.  And the positive contributors.

3) Fix the ridiculous amount of full page ads on mobile platform.

Well, in addition use clear names? With address and phone number? And a recent taken photo?

Splendid idea, isn't it?

Not haters anymore, no gutter language, no proof of stupidity.

Feels like heaven will come😂🤣🥳🤗

• Like 1
  • Confused 1