ASEANNOW is Joining The Thaiger

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's all very well and good (is it?) but how will all this impact me the user?

Change is scary!

Смех, пронзающий природу | Фильмы ужасов - отзывы - рецензии - конкурсы ...

I don't think you will have anything to worry about, I have always found them to be fairminded.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

ThaigerTalk - the forum of The Thaiger - is dedicated to Free Speech with little to no moderation.  Only when members report breaches/complaints a Moderator will look at the case and make a fair decision with TT's Free Speech policy as over-riding principle.  

Will be interesting to see how that will affect AseanNow's current moderation approach.  

Will the self appointed, not official, moderators, still be moderating content they don't like?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, on ThaigerTalk you can trash Trump or Biden without any moderator interference.  Free Speech also pertains to speech you don't like.  And of course it results in interesting discussions as well as mud-slinging. 

I was talking about Truth Social so your reply is disingenuous. 

It's impossible to have sincere discussions with Trump cult members (similar to Putin Z bots). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I was talking about Truth Social so your reply is disingenuous. 

It's impossible to have sincere discussions with Trump cult members (similar to Putin Z bots). 

Similar to biden cult members as well!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Given your history on the Thaiger forum..... hopefully the new owners ban you here too !!

Oh, hello Ralphy, I wondered when you would show up with more disinformation..😂

I am not banned on TT.............🤣

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

At least one thing won't change, very odd use of English in news reports.

I thought the best was " The Serene Bay of Pattaya"  Now Serene keeps popping up in many other places that are the complete opposite to Serene.  And then we have very bad Translations. 

12 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Will the self appointed, not official, moderators, still be moderating content they don't like?

And complain if you give them the wrong Emoji, You will NOT .........

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not in the slightest. Biden doesn't have a cult. He's a normal president. 

Oh, but he does.  And he is not normal.  But then, is any leader of any country a normal person?

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Oh, but he does.  And he is not normal.  But then, is any leader of any country a normal person?

Hey?!?!   Who gave me a confused emoji?   😃😁

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

After a certain change in the not too distant past, I would say that the mods on AN/TV have been handling things very well.

You will always have folk here run down TVF, it's in their genes...🥴

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

merge 2.png

BANGKOK: -- We have some fantastic news to share with all of you today!

ASEANNOW has officially joined The Thaiger family, following the acquisition of all our digital assets by The Thaiger from Choice Group Asia Co., Ltd.

This marks a significant milestone as we combine forces with one of Thailand’s top English language news publishers.

This new chapter is not just about growth; it’s about enhancing the experience for all our forum members and readers.

Darren Lyons, CEO of The Thaiger, shared his thoughts about the acquisition: “We’ve always held ASEAN NOW in high regard, particularly during its days as Thai Visa. The synergies between our platforms are clear, and we’re excited to start working together with ASEAN NOW's team to drive forward innovations and improvements across the board.”

George Anderssen, ASEAN NOW's COO, commented on the opportunities ahead: “This is a thrilling time for ASEAN NOW. With the increased emphasis on forums by search engines like Google, our platform's growth is accelerating even faster. We’re ready to leverage this momentum and achieve new heights.”

In response to recent discussions, we want to assure our community that our core team and moderators will continue to be an integral part of ASEANNOW. The Thaiger is committed to enhancing site speed, evolving our news style, expanding our social media activities, increasing video content, and above all, enriching your experience on our platform.

Thank you for being such a vital part of ASEAN NOW. We are excited to embark on this journey together and look forward to what we can achieve as part of The Thaiger family.

-- The Thaiger 2024-04-18

Questions? Please email George Anderssen, COO, george[at]aseannow.com

Get that high speed talking Thaiger presenter dude some sedatives ffs, what is that? bloody annoying IMO

If I cant understand whats being said I just turn off as I'm sure lots of others do

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Then, does this statement mean that the forum will become, once again, Thai Visa, and soar higher, and higher, like the mythical Phoenix?

I always thought tiger was spoof platform going to great lengths to print headers that have sfa to do with the article...I hope someone is laughing all the way to the bank

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

Maybe you will be more free to express your views without fear of a ban by the tyranical moderators in the current system,after all a forum is all about free speech isnt it?

I hope something will be done about the keyboard warriors, there's nothing worse than people insulting you from hidind behind their keyboards.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1