Expert from Thai Revenue Department to speak about rules on foreign income at Hua Hin event

1 hour ago, AreYouGerman said:

Like in the 90s, not even a link to the live stream. What.

Maybe contact the Companies who are hosting the event and ask them.  Do something positive rather than carp and criticize.

PH

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Exactly what level of person will attend form the TRD is unclear,

According to the flyer at the bottom of the link the guy (name and picture shown) is a "Tax Audit Officer Senior Professional Level".........whatever that means...........:wink:

Who is able to discuss about these rules, not an expert, only between high officials from the concerned governments and about sure dubbele taxation.

This is the point.

Edited by vivananahuahin
I forgot something.

3 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

There is little question this would be a useful event to attend, but attendees should understand it is sponsored by a Thai firm of accountants/legal/tax advisors who also propose and sell financial investments. Exactly what level of person will attend form the TRD is unclear, as is whether that person will be able to provide greater clarity than has already been provided.

Will they speak English?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

Who is able to discuss about these rules, not an expert, only between high officials from the concerned governments and about sure dubbele taxation.

This is the point.

again, experts, agents, rd officials - will tell maybe what the current situation is, what seems maybe, what seems impossible, or whatever - nothing new as far as I am concerned. The final government paper stating the exact new rules, who is responsible for doing exactly what with the funds remitted what the funds are or are not...until then another several hundred people guessing what these people think in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

anyone on here fancy going and reporting back to everyone else?

I could go if you like, I'll see if George wants to pay expenses from Chiang Mai, I'd need a few days either side, to prepare and then write up notes.....I'm not hopeful! 🙂

An excellent idea though, if anyone is local and would care to go, I would be very grateful. 

• Thumbs Up 1

does no expat dares to buy any condo anymore being afraid of being taxed 35% on top of the transfer fees and bad exchange rate ?  35% tax is about 20 years of interest a bank would give you for your money

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Don't forget to sign in if you attend.  Other information like home address, personal income and bank accounts will also be requested/required. 

Mr tax man will contact you in due course... Purely to answer any other questions you may have. 

It's being run by a private company, not by the Thai Revenue.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:32 PM, LudwigK said:

for the first, even the revenue does TILL NOW know the end rules😃😃😃😃😃 for the second, this is actual one of the best info

Well said

On 4/20/2024 at 9:01 AM, Mike Lister said:

Linked below is the CV is one of the main people sponsoring this event: 

https://thta.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Paul-Gambles-Short-Biography-MBMG-Group-and-MBMG-IA.pdf

And the following link is the company details:

https://mbmg-group.com/about-us#our-company

MBMG, just another of those expat companies who lose you money.