Thailand faces a decline in British tourists and expats: Causes and Consequences

webfact

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Is that a portrait of him from his lover?

If so I thought inter species sex/marriage was banned there!

Ewe would not believe what some get UP to!

No, she's waiting in anticipation........😘.............😂

• Haha 1

Just now, 0ffshore360 said:

It is not easy to identify who has the greater legitimate intolerance in this topic.

I think it is quite easy IMO as we have one self confessed Brit hater and those making remarks regarding those posts/poster!

• Thanks 1

Guys Guys have you not sussed Goat yet? your falling into his trap every time you you Diss him That is what he wants he gets off on it knowing your answering him just let him spew his rubbish or he will get the thread locked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

It is not easy to identify who has the greater legitimate intolerance in this topic.

Try reading a bit more of ONE Aussies stuff, then you might catch on........😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

Guys Guys have you not sussed Goat yet? your falling into his trap every time you you Diss him That is what he wants he gets off on it knowing your answering him just let him spew his rubbish or he will get the thread locked.

We know, but TVF lets him do it, must be a reason.....................🤗

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I think it is quite easy IMO as we have one self confessed Brit hater and those making remarks regarding those posts/poster!

Is there an existing difference in legitimacy of standpoint?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

If flight prices went back to £400-£500 Brits would flood back to Thailand believe me..

We know it's an expensive place to visit if you get 'involved' in the night-life scene  but if you add an £800 + flight ticket to it the expense can spiral out of control.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:30 AM, Misty said:

So where are British going instead?

2023 -2024. Interestingly, the UK itself is the most popular (domestic tourism) Thailand does not get a mention😄

Top destinations for UK travellers

"Of the destinations considered, which are you most likely to visit?" (UK adults)

Table with 3 columns and 10 rows.
Rank Destination Score
1 UK
17%

2 Spain
15%

15%
3 Greece
8%

8%
4 Italy
8%

8%
5 France
7%

7%
6 Portugal
7%

7%
7 USA
6%

6%
8 Ireland
5%

5%
9 Germany
4%

4%
10 New York(USA)
3%
3%
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

If flight prices went back to £400-£500 Brits would flood back to Thailand believe me..

We know it's an expensive place to visit if you get 'involved' in the night-life scene  but if you add an £800 + flight ticket to it the expense can spiral out of control.

Blame Brexit for that.

The pound was worth more than 52 baht the day before the vote. 47 baht a few days later, and it's not as if it's recovered in the years since. it's around 45-46 baht right now - and that's following a recent improvement.

You can still get under £550 these days if you book 4-5 months in advance, avoid school holidays, and avoid peak season in December/January and you don't fly direct... - i.e. Etihad in September is £536 return on skyscanner at the moment.

On 4/19/2024 at 9:43 PM, spidermike007 said:

Westerners and a sprinkling of some others. It was a low end crowd. 

sounds like some members on this forum!...(including me before any of you get any ideas) 🙂

16 pages deep and still going...hit a nerve on this one....more popular the a bargirl or best burger threads!

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

6 hours ago, RobU said:

Spent some real time back in the US recently, and it allowed some clarity and perspective,

yep...i'll jumping on a plane back to LOS next week....hope it doesnt fall apart over the pacific......first sangsom is on me, as promised 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Exactly. Perhaps ex-pats should be given a bit more credit, in this formula? We do bring in alot of stable income.  Even the rural folks benefit. Alot of the nicer houses in the poorer farming areas were built with money from expats. Alot of trucks, cars and income is from expats. Countless businesses, employing many. To say it is insignificant, is a blatant misunderstanding of Thai economics. Thousands of hotels, restaurants, countless airlines and many tour companies, also benefit.

By comparison, an average ex-pat spends how much per month? I would say alot of us spend 50,000 to upwards of 100,000 baht a month. I know I do. No value in that? I know some live on less. However, since the average GDP of the nation is around $570, that means about 20,000 baht a month?

I think xenophobia is utterly rampant, in all segments of the government here, from the feds right on down to the local amphur. However, I do not think most Thai people are that way. I think most either like us, or are indifferent to us. Which I can handle. 

I think ex-pats should be treated with the kind of respect and acknowledgement we deserve.

If there was decency abs wisdom within the govt. they should say we have decided to change our policies, and we now realize how much you guys bring to the table.

An immigration officer will now come to your home to renew your visa, to show our appreciation, of your continued support. You will only be required to sign one form, and we will give you a five year, multiple entry visa. Free of charge.

And we will include a 10,000 baht voucher, good for any hotel in the country, for one year. 

Princely treatment. Thank you so much for helping to rescue our economy and our people. We appreciate it, and aim to show it for a change! We are past the era of thugs like the big joke.

And we apologize for all of his abuse. We realize we have been moving the country backwards. 

And Covid has given us all some time to reflect.

We are going to start changing things, and attempt to move the nation forward, instead of backwards.

Wouldn’t that be nice I think I will write a letter to Thaksin, my mother in law loves him. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Carlson, who went to the underground Moscow clean train stations akd great supermarkeds, and did not see one filty homeless? 

Christ sake, Carlsen is the last one I would use as a reference. He is the worst western Putin Propagandists. 

Ukraine is in same situation as Georgia, except Ukraine President did not roll over and accept is and Ukraine faith dictated by Moscow. 

He got fired from fox for telling to much truth. 

I never liked him much but he did bring out some useful truth about what's been talked about between Bill Clinton and other top USA officials. 

The USA overthrew the government of Ukraine and there's been nothing but mayham since, The USA have been doing this world wide using the CIA, and people have now had a guts full, protests world wide now and most media under severe control. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

I never liked him much but he did bring out some useful truth about what's been talked about between Bill Clinton and other top USA officials. 

The USA overthrew the government of Ukraine and there's been nothing but mayham since, The USA have been doing this world wide using the CIA, and people have now had a guts full, protests world wide now and most media under severe control. 

That's right , like invading Iraq and dismantling the Suni government and military. So now Shia Iran is established in Iraq.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Truths comes in many ways, and Carlsen is good at truths some people like to believe. A good mix easy digestive conspirations with some truths in it.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

But I have to give you right on Usa and CIA activity, what we accuse russia and China for doing, Cia and Us do as well

16 hours ago, sandyf said:

Obviously you have a problem seeing the difference between apples and oranges.

I answered a question asked by a polite member of this forum about the number of pension freezing nations (by Googling).  Could you explain the differences between apples and oranges?

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Carlson would not know truth if it bit him on the ankles. He is a master of disinformation. One of the reasons he is being considered as VP candidate by Trump, as astonishing as that sounds. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:21 AM, bugger bognor said:

Thailand could learn a few lessons from Cambodia 300 dollars for a year reTirement Visa 2 pictures  took 2weeks to get no paperwork no embassy or immigration vIsit done from my hotel no 90 day report no tm30 and multiple entRY and a very warm welcome

Yes, for sure.  There is always a plan B.  Folks just keep thinking there is no life outside Thailand after coming here.

• Like 1