90 day report procedure Pattaya Immigration

banglay

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Are you sure? I was told your new 90 day count starts from the date you reported?

Offices maybe different, but the report I do is done about 12 days before due, the print-off passport slip has the actual report date and the next 90 day report date..on it .... 

Since first using the online option for my 90 day report I have never had a failure/rejection.

On at least one occasion involving annual extension approval a  congenial Imm. Officer has  reset my 90 day report date as from same date. In theory that would presume  90day  reports would almost coincide with next annual extension date.

Unfortunately that has never happened. I have  diligently  relied on the  emailed  reminder of upcoming 90 day compliance and dutifully completed the process  some days later but  always prior to last official expiry date.

Despite  success the  next date for  compliance has never demonstrated correlation to  either date of online application  OR original expiry date.

I have concluded that although the 90 day report is a generic online application it is assigned by Passport  number to appropriate Immigration Office. It is processed by way of manual assessment at each Provincial Office and approval also responded to by manual input the  generic app. 

Variations in dates nominated in the event of success and consecutive next compliance date are the result of personal decisions about what date to nominate at  time of input.

I have seen some mention receiving approvals within minutes or hours.

I have never  received in less than  4 days or more.

Has anyone experienced the result of  an online application made in the 7 day time period  tolerated for in person  applications?

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Are you sure? I was told your new 90 day count starts from the date you reported?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Offices maybe different, but the report I do is done about 12 days before due, the print-off passport slip has the actual report date and the next 90 day report date..on it .... 

Trans have you calculated the days from actual report date to the next one?

All mine have been 90 days as Pattaya57 mentions. This was also the case when going in person. Go 15 days early you effectively lose those 15 days - not like renewing your extension of stay early.

I can't imagine the online system could calculate a different date for different offices................but TIT :whistling:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The system has been 'updated' and will now only approve  90 day applications from people who have recently arrived by air from overseas. I can only guess the data base is being built from arrival computers at airports.

Hmm, I have not flown in or out for about 4  years, yet my 90 day was approved on-line recently very efficiently. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, topt said:

Trans have you calculated the days from actual report date to the next one?

All mine have been 90 days as Pattaya57 mentions. This was also the case when going in person. Go 15 days early you effectively lose those 15 days - not like renewing your extension of stay early.

I can't imagine the online system could calculate a different date for different offices................but TIT :whistling:

In my case (I do it for a friend) I do it online well early, the date on the pp print off slip is the due date, not when I applied, the date on that slip for the next report is 90 days from that date....I cannot double-check because I don't have his PP.....🤗

2 hours ago, transam said:

In my case (I do it for a friend) I do it online well early, the date on the pp print off slip is the due date, not when I applied, the date on that slip for the next report is 90 days from that date....I cannot double-check because I don't have his PP.....🤗

Not disputing that you see that but that is definitely not what I see and I am surprised.

Last 90 day was due April 1, I applied March 21 and granted 2 days later. Date on tear off slip March 21 and then 90 days from that date.

April 1 date does not appear anywhere on it.

Presumably then there is more manual intervention and must vary by Immigration office. Quelle surprise :biggrin:

• Agree 1

The 90 day period starts from the date of application not the previous expiry date.....

You apply 7 days early your expiry date will be 83 days from your previous expiry date....

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hmm, I have not flown in or out for about 4  years, yet my 90 day was approved on-line recently very efficiently. 

I also haven't flown in or out in a long time. I read this thread and applied 11 days early rather than the 3-4 days before due date that I usually do and I was approved within 24 hours.

Just did my Extension and 90 day report.

For some odd reason, they've taken a step backwards with the 90 Day reports.

Used to be (once you did your initial 90 day and were "in the system") you'd get a queue number, hand your passport to the IO who'd scan the barcode on the Notification slip, print a new one, staple it into your passport and hand it back. Barely 2 minutes start to end.

During the Covid worries they started doing them in batches. Hand your passport to the clerk and get a number. Maybe 20-30 minutes later they'd come back with a stack of passports and you'd be on your way.

But then last Feb I went to do my normal report and - STOP ! You have to do an updated TM.30 (Notification of Residence) meaning more passport photocopies, photos and an hour wait then - you have to do a TM.47 as well (even more photocopies).

What used to take 2 minutes took me 5 HOURS.

Fast forward to this week. Did my Extension, picked up my Passport and went to do my 90 day (I've got the dates synch'd with my Extension).

Not so fast !

Have to do another TM.47 !
Then the girl opens my passport to the page with my new Extension stamp and tells me to bring a photocopy of that.

Come back and the guy says no - you need all the copies on the list - Facepage, last entry stamp page, current Extension stamp page, Residence Notification page.

Got those, signed them all, came back and it was the girl again and all she wanted was the Face and Extension pages. Fine, save the other copies for the next time.

Then, after all that, I'm told to come back in 40 minutes !!

You'd think with the exanded office and thinning the "herd" out (and being early afternoon on a rainy day) that things would be faster but no - it's getting slower !!

I really hope they change things back before I have to go again !

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I really hope they change things back before I have to go again !

Online the way to go with 90 day reports. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Online the way to go with 90 day reports. 

When it works. Suddenly stopped for me last time. Went down there (Jomtien), presented all the info, got the receipt.

But last week it didn't work again. Reply said "incorrect date of entry/visa expiration." WTF? I used the same dates that they approved last time I was there. On the online form, visa expiration date isn't required. My entry date hasn't changed in a few years.

So I'll be going again next week and will definitely ask what they want the dates to be (as opposed to what they really are) so I can start putting them in!

Posted (edited)

Online reporting worked for me the 2 times I have done it. What a good innovation.

Errrrrr but the latest one has just been rejected with no reason why given. I have moved condo so might be that.

I have read up on the documents and forms required ..seems simple enough but it is a wind up.

And a long taxi trip, so pressure is on to get it done at one visit.

The condo agent has given me a copy of the TM30 they submitted. Never seen one before. I was expecting something to say that it was accepted or acknowledged. It is just what they submitted on line.

Hey Ho .. I guess on Monday I will go and see them and jump through more hoops.

Edited by PAWNEESE

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, petermik said:

When it works.........:cheesy:

Never had a problem in many years of using it. I think 5 or so.... 

Edited by jacko45k

23 hours ago, petermik said:

When it works.........:cheesy:

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Never had a problem in many years of using it. I think 5 or so.... 

Lucky you....not so lucky many others though TIT :sad:

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Lucky you....not so lucky many others though TIT :sad:

May depend on which office is doing the report... mine is Jomtien/Chonburi. 

I know quite a number who also use it regularly and issue free. 

Posted (edited)

I did a 90 day report,  at Jomtien today ... as my online report was rejected.

Some lighthearted points of note .... 

I asked if they knew why my online report was rejected. They straight away, half pushed my form back towards me and said .. if you want to know that, come back later as the person who might know is not here yet.

I am guessing he is a manager and they wont risk being complained at. I was just curious not gonna complain.

I said .. forget it. I will just do the 90 day report now.

I had to get some photo copies of some passport pages done.  I went to the copying place opposite the 90 day report entrance.

I knew what pages I needed. The guy also produced an application form. I said I not need, I have filled one in.. Just do me the photocopies. 

He got out a blank TM 47.  Not take no for answer. I repeated .. I have filled one in myself. I not need you to do. He wanted to see the form I had completed.

Then he said .. that is no good. They wont accept that.

He claimed for starters, I had not filled in the address in the correct places. I always ignore spaces for Tambol and Amphur etc etc.

I dont know my Amphur from my elbow.

i just write the address .. not neccesarily in the right spaces.

Been doing that for 12 years. Never a problem.

He says they wont accept it like that. Big smile on his face. I suspected I was being scammed to be honest but was not able to arque.

I just wanted to get the 90 day report done.

He insisted he fills in a new form, for me. Chuckling and smiling away . Then he wanted 160 baht including photocopying. I just paid to move things along. No big deal but cheeky I think.

When I handed the form over at the application desk they rejected the form that he had just filled in.

I had only signed and dated it. Amazingly, it took them half a second to reject it. And gave no explaination.

Just sort of pushed it back to me. Hardly looking at it.

I quickly got out the form I had done myself and they were instantly happy with it !!! TIT.

So beware the photo copying place scam. 160 baht not crime of century I guess. But 100 + baht a time from lots of customers each day nets him a good sum.

But, it was creepy the way he smiles as he insists he redo my TM47.

I realise now he is laughing at my gullibility and not being super helpful. Strange his form ( I just signed it) rejected so quick.

The guy checking the applications before giving out a turn ticket,  was practically snarling and very unfriendly. He hates his job or falang I thinks.

No big deal, I guess but it would not be hard for him to to be pleasant.

Thailand is not often the Land of Smiles.  Often the Land of Snarls more like it.

i hope my next 90 day can be done online. Takes all morning in person.

Hey Ho.

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday they 29th may 2024  from they still required a TM47 form  copy of passport photo page  and latest visa stamp  ( but not the rest  stated on the sign not my photo)

90daysignatimmigtration.jpeg.a3c5861aaa95c60702325b2d453b9773.jpeg

Office will be closed 3rd of June.Crop_P_20240529_103039.thumb.jpg.659e03c122fe680b2392ee0a4730ac0b.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Download pdf here:

Is that the form you have presented at Jomtien immigration recently ?  and did they accept it ?

On 5/27/2024 at 12:36 PM, PAWNEESE said:

The guy checking the applications before giving out a turn ticket,  was practically snarling and very unfriendly. He hates his job or falang I thinks.

No big deal, I guess but it would not be hard for him to to be pleasant.

If it's the guy who I think it is,  he has been there since immigration was at soi8 in a small room,

dealing with thousands of "ignoramus" foreigners every day can't be easy.

I haven't seen him since they started the 2 new buildings out front and had thought maybe he quit or was transferred elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, johng said:

If it's the guy who I think it is,  he has been there since immigration was at soi8 in a small room,

dealing with thousands of "ignoramus" foreigners every day can't be easy.

I haven't seen him since they started the 2 new buildings out front and had thought maybe he quit or was transferred elsewhere.

I saw him around 3 months ago, different desk, no longer on the front line. Long overdue.

On 5/27/2024 at 12:36 PM, PAWNEESE said:

hope my next 90 day can be done online. Takes all morning in person.

I hope so, too. I had thought that last time my online form was rejected because they wanted hard evidence of my address as an update. I visited the IO and got the new slip.

But last week they rejected my online form for "wrong reentry date/visa date." WTF? Those dates were right. The visa date isn't required anyway. 

I printed out a new TM47 and the passport pages, went down there again today. I also put in a little note asking WHAT dates did they want me to fill in on the online form. The note was immediately passed right back to me w/o comment. 🙂

But I was in and out in 20 min.

True, they aren't friendly at that desk. But that's OK, cut 'em some slack in that miserable job.

• Thanks 1