Mass arrests made as US campus protests over Gaza spread

Social Media

19 hours ago, placnx said:

The 13000 bodycount is propaganda, possibly collated from IDF reports of "kills". Do these "kills" include people said to be Hamas shot in hospital beds and the summary executions discovered in a mass grave at Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis?

As reported by Al Jazeera, 400 bodies recovered from a mass grave, some obviously patients and some bodies discovered with signs of torture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, placnx said:

What blows my mind is how 80% of Israelis still support this genocidal campaign.

I would like to see the evidence of that claim. The pollsters questions will be interesting.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As reported by Al Jazeera, 400 bodies recovered from a mass grave, some obviously patients and some bodies discovered with signs of torture.

If you provide a link for that I will happily sort out a fact check link in return

Been watching the university protests in the US on Al Jazeera. When the college authorities call in cops in full riot gear with clubs to disperse peaceful students one knows that something is very wrong.

Ultimately the cops are on the wrong side IMO, supporting authorities on the side of genocide.

Many students arrested, but apparently the charges thrown out in court as the protests are legal.

This is IMO a direct descendant of the anti Vietnam war, anti apartheid protests that ended both, and hopefully ends the illegal occupation of Palestine  and the illegal collective punishment of Palestinians.

IMO it's not going to end well for the college authorities, as it's not just students, but also faculty protesting and the images of cops in full riot gear with clubs pushing non violent students around are being broadcast all over the US. The images of the atrocities happening in Gaza are being seen all over the world and more and more people are realising who the criminals are in that area, so more and more people will support the protests. Eventually, as with the anti Vietnam war protests, the protests will become so large that the government can't ignore them any more. If Biden doesn't feel his chances of winning in November are threatened, he should be. He is IMO obviously complicit in israeli atrocities, so the protests will likely focus on him, come the election.

If the students keep coming back day after day, it's going to become very difficult for the cops to keep descending in the hundreds to deal with them- they do have other responsibilities to deal with, like catching actual criminals.

The cops better hope that it doesn't get violent as the images of heavily armed cops beating up students will be beamed into every house in the US. That never plays well with the tax paying voters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I wonder how these students would feel had they attended the music festival on October 7th?

They probably wouldn't feel anything, as they would have been slaughtered along with the Israeli youngsters. 

yeah when they get this "paradise"  they want there  will be no way out for them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Al Jazeera the terrorist employers who take there reports directly from Hamas authorities and distribute them with glee. Forgetting to mention that Nasser Hospital is where 30 of the hostages were held and where mass graves were there before the IDF entered, there is even video of the Palestinians digging it before. The IDF did sift through much of it looking for hostage bodies.

GeoConfirmed ISR-PAL Investigation. Palestinians are exhuming bodies from the grounds of the Nasser Medical Complex hospital complex in Khan Younis, Gaza. This is occurring at the same location where mass graves were dug and burial ceremonies had taken place by Palestinians in recent months. (Proof in this thread)

Claims that "mass graves" were dug by Israel at Gaza hospitals to bury "hundreds of bodies" have been disproven.

Palestinians themselves buried bodies there long before the IDF entered the area. The evidence is in the thread below.

This is a lie. A blood libel. 

“Misinformation is circulating regarding a mass grave that was discovered at Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis. The grave in question was dug — by Gazans — a few months ago,” Israeli army spokesman Major Nadav Shoshani wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “This fact is corroborated by social media documentation uploaded by Gazans at the time of the burial, as seen in the video below.”

“Any attempt to blame Israel for burying civilians in mass graves is categorically false and a mere example of a disinformation campaign aimed at delegitimizing Israel,” Shoshani added.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Al Jazeera the terrorist employers who take there reports directly from Hamas authorities and distribute them with glee. Forgetting to mention that Nasser Hospital is where 30 of the hostages were held and where mass graves were there before the IDF entered, there is even video of the Palestinians digging it before. The IDF did sift through much of it looking for hostage bodies.

GeoConfirmed ISR-PAL Investigation. Palestinians are exhuming bodies from the grounds of the Nasser Medical Complex hospital complex in Khan Younis, Gaza. This is occurring at the same location where mass graves were dug and burial ceremonies had taken place by Palestinians in recent months. (Proof in this thread)

Claims that "mass graves" were dug by Israel at Gaza hospitals to bury "hundreds of bodies" have been disproven.

Palestinians themselves buried bodies there long before the IDF entered the area. The evidence is in the thread below.

“Misinformation is circulating regarding a mass grave that was discovered at Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis. The grave in question was dug — by Gazans — a few months ago,” Israeli army spokesman Major Nadav Shoshani wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “This fact is corroborated by social media documentation uploaded by Gazans at the time of the burial, as seen in the video below.”

“Any attempt to blame Israel for burying civilians in mass graves is categorically false and a mere example of a disinformation campaign aimed at delegitimizing Israel,” Shoshani added.

Interestingly, you don’t provide a link to where you got any of that.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Iran:

Iran's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, on Thursday expressed “deep concerns” over the police response to pro-Palestinian protests on US college campuses. Amir-Abdollahian criticized the “suppression and harsh treatment” of professors and students by police in a post on X. https://edition.cnn.com/business/live-news/columbia-usc-university-protests-04-25-24/h_3050b37ae2259138b293f95a4fb25c02

Meanwhile, at the same time:

Dissident rapper Toomaj Salehi has been given a death sentence for his involvement in the widespread protests that swept Iran in 2022, according to his lawyer. . . . The rapper has been detained, held in solitary confinement and was allegedly tortured following his arrest.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/25/middleeast/toomaj-salehi-death-sentence-iran-intl/index.html#:~:text=Dissident rapper Toomaj Salehi has,lawyer Amir Raesian tweeted Wednesday.

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, transam said:

Did your R.A.F. do the same to stop an aggressor, the military branch you signed up for.....?   🤔  Yes or No....

IIRC you claim that your Mum was bombed out during WW2.

That means that YOU share the RAF responsibility with ALL Brits.

If you really want to know the current policy, I suggest that YOU contact the MOD in the UK,  and stop wasting your silly posts on me, especially as I left the RAF in 1984, some 40 years ago. The MOD and the government make policy, NOT serving airmen.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

IIRC you claim that your Mum was bombed out during WW2.

That means that YOU share the RAF responsibility with ALL Brits.

If you really want to know the current policy, I suggest that YOU contact the MOD in the UK,  and stop wasting your silly posts on me, especially as I left the RAF in 1984, some 40 years ago. The MOD and the government make policy, NOT serving airmen.

I don't understand your first 2 lines, sorry.

In your last para, I don't think you understand the point I have been trying to make, but you are right that servicemen do as they are told, by who ever controls them. Same in the Gaza war...

• Confused 1

This is the mentality of deranged university students that have been totally brainwashed by their tutors. This is the leader of Columbia uni anti Israel encampment Communists saying that Zionists don't deserve to live. 

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2024 at 1:25 PM, Bkk Brian said:

No complexity. The war started 10/7

image.png.8271411cf944e7fa8e74bbbf50bffe29.png

https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1782979397458215335

and lets not forget https://www.timesofisrael.com/father-of-fallen-soldier-terrorist-decapitated-my-son-tried-to-sell-head-for-10000/

All that uni education and they still say "you is complicit" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/25/2024 at 3:51 PM, transam said:

In every war civilians are caught up in it, my own mother was, bombed out of 2 houses by the Germans in London.

There is no way a war can be conducted without civilian casualties, look at Putin's war, now he IS targetting civilian infrastructure, 100%, not much being said about that...:whistling:

At least in the Ukraine case the ICC has already charged Putin.

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Then Israel should not impede an international forensic investigation, so that the IDF can be exhonorated.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You mean the free speech where Jewish students are told "Go back to Poland!" or "go back to Belarus!"?  Gee, wonder what would happen if a group of white supremacists were to shout "go back to Africa" at black students...

Or the protests where the protestors trespass on the university's common areas and block their fellow students from going to class? Surely that is a free speech violation also.

The irony is that they are protesting against something that isn't happening. There is no genocide in Gaza, unless you mean the genocide that Hamas promises will happen if they ever get the chance to invade Israel. We saw a small taste of it on October 7. Teenage girls gang raped beside the mutilated corpses of their murdered boyfriends. Senior citizens shot and burned in their basements. Women raped and then taken back to Gaza as 'war prizes', and paraded through the streets to cheers and dancing, then spat on and dismembered.

Please show a link that offers some evidence of "October 7. Teenage girls gang raped beside the mutilated corpses of their murdered boyfriends." or any of the rest of your allegations.

6 hours ago, transam said:

I don't understand your first 2 lines, sorry.

In your last para, I don't think you understand the point I have been trying to make, but you are right that servicemen do as they are told, by who ever controls them. Same in the Gaza war...

Actually, in the IDF more initiative is allowed to lower ranks than in other armies.

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would like to see the evidence of that claim. The pollsters questions will be interesting.

The question was more like whether they supported the war, not whether they were in favor of genocide. Anyway, unless Israelis listened to the proceedings of the ICJ, they may not see the big picture.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Can you vouch for their uni schooling edukatshun  though? that's my laugh icon btw.

As they are protesting at their university, I'm more certain of their university education than yours.

You're named after a dildo FFS

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Been watching the university protests in the US on Al Jazeera. When the college authorities call in cops in full riot gear with clubs to disperse peaceful students one knows that something is very wrong.

Ultimately the cops are on the wrong side IMO, supporting authorities on the side of genocide.

Many students arrested, but apparently the charges thrown out in court as the protests are legal.

This is IMO a direct descendant of the anti Vietnam war, anti apartheid protests that ended both, and hopefully ends the illegal occupation of Palestine  and the illegal collective punishment of Palestinians.

IMO it's not going to end well for the college authorities, as it's not just students, but also faculty protesting and the images of cops in full riot gear with clubs pushing non violent students around are being broadcast all over the US. The images of the atrocities happening in Gaza are being seen all over the world and more and more people are realising who the criminals are in that area, so more and more people will support the protests. Eventually, as with the anti Vietnam war protests, the protests will become so large that the government can't ignore them any more. If Biden doesn't feel his chances of winning in November are threatened, he should be. He is IMO obviously complicit in israeli atrocities, so the protests will likely focus on him, come the election.

If the students keep coming back day after day, it's going to become very difficult for the cops to keep descending in the hundreds to deal with them- they do have other responsibilities to deal with, like catching actual criminals.

The cops better hope that it doesn't get violent as the images of heavily armed cops beating up students will be beamed into every house in the US. That never plays well with the tax paying voters.

Some 47 professors of the Columbia Law School sent a letter to Columbia president Shafik pointing out that the actions directed by her against those students violated the rule of law guaranteeing free speech. Shafik was previously dean of the Law School.

I guess that Biden et al hope that when the semester is over in a month or less, the students will go home and not make any trouble at the Democratic Convention! 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, placnx said:

Then Israel should not impede an international forensic investigation, so that the IDF can be exhonorated.

Who mentioned anything about Israel impeding one?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, placnx said:

The question was more like whether they supported the war, not whether they were in favor of genocide. Anyway, unless Israelis listened to the proceedings of the ICJ, they may not see the big picture.

Then maybe you should be a little more honest in your claims

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, placnx said:

Some 47 professors of the Columbia Law School sent a letter to Columbia president Shafik pointing out that the actions directed by her against those students violated the rule of law guaranteeing free speech. Shafik was previously dean of the Law School.

I guess that Biden et al hope that when the semester is over in a month or less, the students will go home and not make any trouble at the Democratic Convention! 

Do you believe demonstrators should be allowed to block pedestrian and or vehicular traffic, physically of verbally harass people, shout down speakers they do not agree with, and block common areas? 

• Thumbs Up 1