Mass arrests made as US campus protests over Gaza spread

Social Media

We are at #ColumbiaUniversity University to stand with Israel & the Jewish community as Christians in light of the antisemitic demonstrations taking place on campuses across the U.S.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped.

Gone are the days of ‘You don’t have a right to not be offended’.

It is interesting that you claim people are being stopped from speaking. 

Do you believe demonstrators have the right to block pedestrian and or vehicular traffic, physically of verbally harass people, threaten people, shout down speakers they do not agree with, and block common areas? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

It is interesting that you claim people are being stopped from speaking. 

Do you believe demonstrators have the right to block pedestrian and or vehicular traffic, physically of verbally harass people, threaten people, shout down speakers they do not agree with, and block common areas? 

I didn’t claim anyone was being stopped from speaking.

Feel free to:

1. Quote my post(s) in which I claimed “people are being stopped from speaking”.

2. Admit you made that claim up and apologize.

3. Flush your credibility.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I didn’t claim anyone was being stopped from speaking.

Feel free to:

1. Quote my post(s) in which I claimed “people are being stopped from speaking”.

2. Admit you made that claim up and apologize.

3. Flush your credibility.

Sorry, when you said: "It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped." I assumed you meant that there were people not being allowed to speak.

I was wrong, sorry.

So what did you mean? 

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped.

Gone are the days of ‘You don’t have a right to not be offended’.

Your claim that "...the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped." is interesting. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Sorry, when you said: "It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped." I assumed you meant that there were people not being allowed to speak.

I was wrong, sorry.

So what did you mean? 

Thanks for the apology Yellow, far too few on all sides of the political debate will admit when they make a mistake.

My comment is an observation.

For a handful of years now there has been a debate on what is and is not permitted to be said on University campuses.

The allegation, almost entirely from the rightwing has been that universities are censoring rightwing voices.

Allegations of ‘cancel culture’ and ‘snowflakes’.

Punch the term ‘You don’t have a right not to be offended’ into a search engine and it will return a flavor of that debate.

Again, thank you for your decency in response to my last post.

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Your claim that "...the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped." is interesting. 

I do not believe anyone has the right to block others on roads or footpaths. I believe the law is clear on that and I support that law.

Heckling is an entirely different matter.

We all have a right to speak and heckle.

I wish that more listening and debate took place instead of heckling.

I consider personal attacks and false allegations to be heckling; as a recipient of much of this behavior my own conclusion is it is a poor replacement for any kind of reasoned argument.

• Haha 2

Its time to put things in perspective!

History is here repeating itself in  bidens America! His radical far left base has protested on many campuses , causing many forceful arrests. And now this!

Its time for 4 more years - pause ,to leave and send  his Marxist supporters packing.

image.thumb.jpeg.c29943b33796f0afcbc39d5ed9b6e081.jpeg

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-news/protester-with-final-solution-sign-that-threatens-extermination-of-jews-spotted-at-gwu/

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Arresting people for wanted the murder of innocents by the IDF to stop in Gaza, will not stop because of arrests and heavy handed treatment by the police. The movement will grow if you try to suppress it. Biden and the establishment are on the wrong side of history, the same as in the Vietnam era, and history will laud the brave stand of idealistic children over the brutality of the establishment and police. Let's hope it doesn't escalate to Ohio like protests with National Guard gunning down the state's student body. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, retarius said:

Arresting people for wanted the murder of innocents by the IDF to stop in Gaza, will not stop because of arrests and heavy handed treatment by the police. The movement will grow if you try to suppress it. Biden and the establishment are on the wrong side of history, the same as in the Vietnam era, and history will laud the brave stand of idealistic children over the brutality of the establishment and police. Let's hope it doesn't escalate to Ohio like protests with National Guard gunning down the state's student body. 

History repeats itself over and over again and again. One day most will realize this war was worse than they first liked to think or believe. 

Today we know the consequences of Vietnam and Iraq war, just to mention two wars that did upset many people and attracted larger demonstrations. 

• Agree 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:19 PM, riclag said:

The people’s University! 

Coordinated Marxist protests throughout  the Usa! Free Expression equals  hate onto America ,Death to America. Hate onto Jews.

"A lot of people might argue here for the sake of freedom of speech or freedom of assembly, but at the same time, we need to remember that we're not talking about student's freedom, we're talking about harassment, intimidation," Sinelnikov said. "We're talking about open calls for violence against Jewish students”.

History repeating itself , with these   Marxist extremist setting up a newer version of an Autonomous zone, same

as Seattle CHOP zone in 

bidens America !

image.png.f432faf11f4bb7759628eb1fbfbb48ee.png

https://www.foxnews.com/us/columbia-protests-writing-wall-about-antisemitism-campuses-campus-organization-founder-says

Typical justification for atrocity: Reds under the bed. Grow up and open your eyes, fool. You will never get into heaven condoning the actions of these Jewish murderers. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

History repeats itself over and over again and again. One day most will realize this war was worse than they first liked to think or believe. 

Today we know the consequences of Vietnam and Iraq war, just to mention two wars that did upset many people and attracted larger demonstrations. 

Stop making things up again, there wasn't a war on 6/10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 9:55 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Thanks for the apology Yellow, far too few on all sides of the political debate will admit when they make a mistake.

My comment is an observation.

For a handful of years now there has been a debate on what is and is not permitted to be said on University campuses.

The allegation, almost entirely from the rightwing has been that universities are censoring rightwing voices.

Allegations of ‘cancel culture’ and ‘snowflakes’.

Punch the term ‘You don’t have a right not to be offended’ into a search engine and it will return a flavor of that debate.

Again, thank you for your decency in response to my last post.

When you claim "It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped.", you mean that left-wingers are being stopped from speaking, while right-wingers are now being welcomed? 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When you claim "It’s interesting how the debate on who should be allowed to speak on University Campuses has so suddenly and diametrically flipped.", you mean that left-wingers are being stopped from speaking, while right-wingers are now being welcomed? 

I mean the argument ‘You don’t have the right not to be offended’ which has been at the center of rightwing grievance politics these past few years has suddenly gone very quiet.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I do not believe anyone has the right to block others on roads or footpaths. I believe the law is clear on that and I support that law.

Do you also believe that people involved in such activities, that have refused to disperse, should be removed and prosecuted for their behavior?

Heckling is an entirely different matter.

We all have a right to speak and heckle.

I wish that more listening and debate took place instead of heckling.

I was referring shouting down of speakers, not heckling. People can heckle, and the speaker can address the heckler. Coordinated shouting down of invited speakers is not heckling. 

When an invited speaker is shouted down, the speaker's rights are infringed on, as are the rights of the people that want to hear, question and or debate the speaker. 

Shouting down of an invited speaker is a device used to shut down debate, and it is typically used by groups whose ideas do not stand up to debate. silenced. These groups must silence dissenting views. 

I consider personal attacks and false allegations to be heckling; as a recipient of much of this behavior my own conclusion is it is a poor replacement for any kind of reasoned argument.

Poor dude. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you also believe that people involved in such activities, that have refused to disperse, should be removed and prosecuted for their behavior?

I was referring shouting down of speakers, not heckling. People can heckle, and the speaker can address the heckler. Coordinated shouting down of invited speakers is not heckling. 

When an invited speaker is shouted down, the speaker's rights are infringed on, as are the rights of the people that want to hear, question and or debate the speaker. 

Shouting down of an invited speaker is a device used to shut down debate, and it is typically used by groups whose ideas do not stand up to debate. silenced. These groups must silence dissenting views. 

Poor dude. 

You obviously didn’t understand my post.

Perhaps deliberately so.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I mean the argument ‘You don’t have the right not to be offended’ which has been at the center of rightwing grievance politics these past few years has suddenly gone very quiet.

If people were peacefully protesting the war in Gaza none of this would be an issue. 

If a right-wing group were on campus protesting the lawfare being waged against Trump, it would have been shut down before lunch on the first day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If people were peacefully protesting the war in Gaza none of this would be an issue. 

If a right-wing group were on campus protesting the lawfare being waged against Trump, it would have been shut down before lunch on the first day. 

Or so you tell us.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Absolutely. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 5:54 AM, Social Media said:

image.png

Tensions over the Israel-Gaza conflict have spilled onto the campuses of several prestigious US universities, sparking debates about free speech and drawing condemnation for alleged antisemitic incidents.

The demonstrations, which have gained momentum since the Hamas attack on Israel on October 7, have led to arrests, cancellations of in-person classes, and heightened security measures at institutions including New York University (NYU), Yale, and Columbia University.

image.png

Amid the protests, allegations of antisemitic and Islamophobic incidents have surfaced, prompting concerns about safety and campus culture. President Joe Biden condemned both antisemitic protests and those failing to grasp the complexities of the Palestinian situation.

image.png

The wave of demonstrations reached a peak after New York City police arrested over 100 demonstrators at Columbia University, sparking similar protests across other campuses. Calls for accountability and divestment from companies linked to the Israeli occupation have been central to the protesters' demands.

While some students view the demonstrations as a historical moment akin to protests against the Vietnam War or apartheid in South Africa, others express concerns about the impact on campus life and the safety of Jewish students.

At NYU, police arrested dozens of students involved in an unauthorized encampment outside the business school, while at Yale, nearly 50 protesters were arrested after refusing to disperse. Columbia University opted for virtual classes amid concerns of intimidating behavior and antisemitic incidents.

The demonstrations have reignited debates about free speech and campus activism, with university officials facing pressure to address the concerns of both protesters and critics. Allegations of antisemitism have been met with denials from protest organizers, who assert their criticism is directed at the Israeli state, not Jewish individuals.

As universities grapple with the fallout from the protests, efforts to address antisemitism and ensure campus safety are underway. Columbia University has formed a working group to address the crisis, while federal lawmakers have called for university officials to step down over their handling of the protests.

Amid the ongoing conflict in Gaza and shifting public opinion on Israeli action, universities find themselves at the center of a complex and contentious debate, with implications for campus culture and free expression.

2024-04-24

Source

image.png

Wonderful to see those students demonstrating. 

Shame on you USA, complicit in Genocide. You haven't learned from Iraq. Biden is actually worse than Baby Bush in that he is obviously biased, as all his grandkids are Jewish. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Wonderful to see those students demonstrating. 

Shame on you USA, complicit in Genocide. You haven't learned from Iraq. Biden is actually worse than Baby Bush in that he is obviously biased, as all his grandkids are Jewish. 

When are we going to see your own demonstration photos in BKK, I mean, you have a lot to say about demonstrations, can we see your own input for the cause you spout a lot about here..........🤗

You don't have to put a ring through your nose, though.....🤭

• Agree 1