Car tax ticket & car tax itself

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Firstly you have no insurance, secondly when/if you do pay road tax it will be backdated, after 3 yrs your Reg plate will be cancelled, if anyone wants to tax it again it will have to be re-registered with a new number and book. 

Just pay the fine at almost any bank + 20b bank fee. What's the fine 500b ?

This thread has been closed. I do have insurance I just got my updated tax display for this year. You don’t have any idea what you are talking about. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

This thread has been closed. I do have insurance I just got my updated tax display for this year. You don’t have any idea what you are talking about. 

I was going by your OP sounding like you didn't want to pay road tax. So have you paid your fine yet or is 500b too much for you.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I know DUI is the only motoring offense that will get you deported ..... and then only if you're not on a marriage extension.

No D/L, no insurance, no tax, no helmet, speeding ....... small fine.

i'd reckon reckless driving causing death could also result in deportation.... after release from the pen that is !!

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I was going by your OP sounding like you didn't want to pay road tax. So have you paid your fine yet or is 500b too much for you.

Yes ido that often too. I did not want to pay the tax because I thought they were going to hit me with 2 old tickets. So then…

I went to pay the tax and they said nothing about the old tickets. Despite the fact that every government Bootlicker in here will tell you “they connect the systems in April there was a news article about it blah blah blah”. 

so now I have got the tax sorted and didn’t pay the tickets. Another  Happy ending in Thailand. 

My new thoughts on the matter are Thais do not pay these tickets. They just slough them off. Like we are supposed to.

Other point is think is noteworthy is NEVER PAY ROADSIDE IN CASH. for a ticket. It’s just a shakedown. Never do it. If you really do wanna pay demand you get an actual written ticket. Just tell them you have no cash idk why people have a hard time with this stuff “mai meee kap” 

• Love It 1

53 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Yes ido that often too. I did not want to pay the tax because I thought they were going to hit me with 2 old tickets. So then…

I went to pay the tax and they said nothing about the old tickets. Despite the fact that every government Bootlicker in here will tell you “they connect the systems in April there was a news article about it blah blah blah”. 

so now I have got the tax sorted and didn’t pay the tickets. Another  Happy ending in Thailand. 

My new thoughts on the matter are Thais do not pay these tickets. They just slough them off. Like we are supposed to.

NEVER PAY ROADSIDE IN CASH.

Other point is think is noteworthy is for a ticket. It’s just a shakedown. Never do it. If you really do wanna pay demand you get an actual written ticket. Just tell them you have no cash idk why people have a hard time with this stuff “mai meee kap” 

I pay any fines I get sent to me, I get tax when it is due, I also buy private insurance. Of course I don't pay a fine without a ticket, I pay at a roadside stop if I get a ticket, I even had to pay 300b 'coz my tax was on the dash not on the screen, even with my wife there who argued the point to them.

asked her who is your Father " Him Dead ! "  right then that's 300b. While they hold on to your license. There has to be a senior cop to pay cash at a roadside check.

Edited by brianthainess

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I pay any fines I get sent to me, I get tax when it is due, I also buy private insurance. Of course I don't pay a fine without a ticket, I pay at a roadside stop if I get a ticket, I even had to pay 300b 'coz my tax was on the dash not on the screen, even with my wife there who argued the point to them.

asked her who is your Father " Him Dead ! "  right then that's 300b. While they hold on to your license. There has to be a senior cop to pay cash at a roadside check.

Yes because it’s a shakedown. Nobody actually cares if you are legal or if they can see it or not. Anything to get you to cough up dough. That’s why I’ll never pay. 

See we have things like seatbelts and license plate lamps cops can shake you down with back home. For obvious reasons, here they do t have that. So they use the one universal method they have: car tax. But yes the good part is if you have it up to date cops don’t have too much leverage here short of their stupid speed “radar” traps where they dont even take radar they just tell you that you were over. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Maybe next year you’ll get your wish and they will have their systems up to date and they will ring up my old fines. Idk why you’d want that. Silly. But to each their own I suppose. As for now, eat it sucker. Go pay your fines. 

It is scofflaws like you that make it harder on the rest of us.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

It is scofflaws like you that make it harder on the rest of us.

You got it backwards like most people do. It’s the people who constantly bend over and spread their cheeks that make it worse for us, and themselves. 
oh and btw have fun paying your fines 

Edited by Robert Paulson