Health Ministry approves medical use of opium and magic mushrooms

webfact

36 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I've suffered from sinusitis on and off my entire life. I found pseudoephedrine very effective.

Same. The current ingredient in tiffy does not work at all for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

they are only approved for "medical treatment and research"  it states that quite clearly in the OP   or so I thought

If you had familiarised yourself with the (recent) history of marijuana legalisation in this country, you would know that it is also "quite clearly" only approved for medical purposes.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

Thailand is turning into a narco state who the hell thinks up these things do they have any idea of the consequences??

Obviously NOT.

The consequences are severe and life-changing and NEGATIVE.

Best advice I can give you is:

Resist the temptation to feed your head!

(If you are in the last stages of a painful and terminal disease, then, who cares, and GO FOR IT!  Escape into the Land of Nod.)

image.png.b9d8c91b5c4abb283d38731c40be807a.png

Not a good look for most Farang.

But, OK for some Chinese, I guess.

Using one of those stone pillows might necessitate inhaling an EXTRA bowl.....!

FYI:

image.png.698ce0960e5c0e0a9319aae7fdbb5b38.png

NOTE: Y'all should spend time learning the Chinese language, something of value, rather than lying on a clay pillow with a clay pipe, all day.

Learning Chinese was one of the best things I ever did.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

mushrooms are good for depression. 

Agreed. I find them better than most any other drug people talk about for depression. You only need a small amount and the anti-depressant effects last a while

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This change was made possible through the activation of Article 24 and Article 58 of the Narcotics Code by the health minister.

Why don't you activate your collective brains and be logical? One can't buy beer and alcohol - legal substances at that! - at 1500 hrs or past midnight, but you tear your panties to rush and legalise stuffs like weed and now opium and mushrooms?

• Confused 1

Don't worry. It will all go wobbly just like the cannabis and 'five yaba pills' debacles. There is a lack of forward thinking and planning in those that make decisions for the country.

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

As usual, the 'silent majority' reactionary boomers are out in full force.

Magic mushrooms were legal and obtainable in many countries around the World until the early 2000s. In England, they were legal in a wet state, and in Japan they were legal in a dry state. In Tokyo, at the famous neon-lit pedestrian crossing, there used to be a large store only selling magic mushrooms. 

The obvious benefits and remarkable lack of drawbacks makes them a true no-brainer. They have been so successful for treatment of depression in research experiments that they were fast-tracked to legalisation. 

You are neglecting the downsides, every substance has its downsides. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

If you had familiarised yourself with the (recent) history of marijuana legalisation in this country, you would know that it is also "quite clearly" only approved for medical purposes.

if only you would open your eyes you would see that is clearly not the case.  However that may well be the intention of any future legislation.

What is wrong with people like you? After all this time , and with 10000+ clearly non medical retail outlets, millions smoking recreationally and not one arrest.You still insist on making your own rules up , give it a rest for gods sake, or start your own thread,  

hashtag "but but but Anutin said .com

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, action said:

But I still can't buy Pseudoephedrine for my stuffy nose.

It became heavily restricted because certain hositals were found to have been ordering up large stocks, ostensibly for patient prescriptions, but were selling it on, illegally, to third-parties who were using it as a precursor to manufacture Class A drugs.

2 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

My research is my own experience with cannabis. Depend on the person/strain your reflexes slow down, also your cognitive ability goes haywire. 

So its obviously not for you then is it,  maybe try something else 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

555, will this be interpreted the same way medical use of marijuana was. 

unlikely,. once again read the op, cannabis has been removed from the cat 5 narco list .. opium and mushrooms have been added to that list.  can you spot the difference?

• Agree 1

I have spent 2 weeks dealing with the MoPH over this, I am probably 100 hours into fighting against zero understanding... Everyone is clueless. In fact many have outright denied the law is the law even after me giving it to them to read. 

The law was Published on the 4th April in the Royal gazette. I was alerted to it by a Herbal clinic owner I am working with on the 6th of April and I have since then put in perhaps 50 hours of work trying to get information from MoPH in bangkok / Chiang Mai, etc etc. The blunt fact is no one knows and many of the interactions have been borderline hostile simply for asking 'is this the law'. One person at the MoPH in Bangkok actually said after I showed them the law 'it is the law but we do not accept it', when I asked what they meant by that they just got angry and refused to continue. The pereception of mushrooms as a medicine is not there. 

On Tuesday this week I finally found someone in authority that knew what they were talking about, after being sent from hospital to hospital and office to office just getting insane looks. On this day I was referred to an appointment with the manager of the consumer protection dept at the MoPH in Chiang Mai, the only person above her in the CM hierachy is the regional director, it is her duty to control the processes around the Herbal Clinics and ensure that rules are followed. She took all the info, made some checks, and confirmed this is now the law, but was exasperated that this has been done without any staged roll out and preparation. Thai traditional medical clinics with a regsitered Herbalist Dr can now prescribe magic mushrooms. This has been rolled out with no education, training, and done so country wide for all herbalist clinics, if they have knowledge or not. 

At this time no one can explain 'where' the herbal clinics are supposed to source the mushrooms, if they can grow them themselves, or if they can be dispensed for offsite medication or only onsite consumption (the law is vague here). I have a meeting monday to address this but frankly no one has a clue (more on this in a monent). There are no guidelines or guidance for what grounds there are for prescription and zero understanding of theraputic use, preparation, set setting and integration. The risks in this style of launch are huge and this should not be handled as cannabis was in a 'let it happen and see what happens' the risk for patient harm is too great. 

I have already set up video meetings with MAPS in the states and am in comms with the Beckley foundation in the UK for assistance. 

New Law Thai.jpg

New Law Eng.jpg

Schedule 5 Thai.jpeg

Schedule 5 Eng.jpeg

Edited by LivinLOS
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

It will probably take the form of what's generally called a "prescription " unlikely to be raw opium, more than likely a product derived from it, You know just like almost everywhere else

More interested is shrooms than opium. 

So just for a frame of reference, this was published 4th, I was alerted 6th and Mon the 8th I was at a local traditional medicine clinic to discuss with the owner (not Dr, the Dr was not there) as soon as it opened. 

To be fair, she was not knowledgable as to even what mushrooms do. She is a businesswoman who believes that cannabis flowers will be rescheduled later this year and has set up a clinic and supply infrastructure to be able to 'sell' cannabis medically when that happens. No issue with that but clearly her motivation is profit and not medical care. Within a minute or two of meeting she emphasized she 'didnt take drugs' which in many ways sums up the mindset of what medical cannabis or mushrooms are. 

We talked the law, and the issues, and I tried to discuss the risks and how psychedelic therapy is generally handled in the west. Each point of resistance was just brushed aside with a yes yes that is fine.. I tried to explain that generally a therapy like this is much more than simply giving the dose but should have a therapy component before and after
'yes yes my Dr can do that'
'oh really, so your Dr has experience taking psychedelics'
'Oh NO !!'  
'hmmm ok.. So your Dr can speak English ?'

'little bit' 

Right so I can only imagine the kind of sensative therapy and cross cultural understanding there would be to handle a challanging psychedelic experience and then deal with the post experience integration !! From a DR that speaks 'nidnoi' english and has never taken them !! 

Secondly she appeared to have very little idea of even what mushrooms do !! When I asked why someone could be prescribed mushrooms her answer was 'if depressed or maybe can not sleep' !! (mushrooms for insomnia !!) when I asked what dosage she thought was right she said 'maybe a gram' the more I talked to her the more is appeared that she thought mushrooms were 'something like weed' a bit made you sleepy, a bit more made you more sleepy.. 

This is the level of understanding from the owner of a clinic that is supposed to adminsiter these therapies !! I am a STRONG believer in the power of properly adminsitered psychedelic therapy, but it has genuine risks of patient harm and needs a trained, educated and experienced sitter or guide and to achieve the most beneficial outcomes requires skilled therapists.  I am seriously thinking of setting up a non profit to deal with guide training, I know western guides operating underground already here in Thailand and Thais some of whom have even been trained overseas by MAPS and in the caribbean. Someone has to put in work on this or the opportunity will be wasted when bad things happen. 

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

A few weeks back.

Pumped a few cones with the lads after work.... took me 3 hours to drive home instead of the usual 1 hour !

Same happened to me, when I got home I realised I'd left the car at work and had gone home in a grab.

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

A few weeks back.

Pumped a few cones with the lads after work.... took me 3 hours to drive home instead of the usual 1 hour !

Same happened to me, when I got home I realised I'd left the car at work and had gone home in a grab.

Well well well Myanmar / Burma is the second-largest county to produce Opium..... Is Clown face going to do a deal with Junta, to help fund his Murderous Coup, he helped to get the Junta's money out, so nothing would surprise me with this Govt. anymore.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

plenty of nasal sprays available that will clear a stuffy nose far better than Pseudoephedrine,  Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride is the common active ingredient.  Never heard of "vicks sinex"     ?

https://www.drugs.com/compare/oxymetazoline-nasal-vs-pseudoephedrine#:~:text=Oxymetazoline nasal has an average,89 ratings on Drugs.com.