Health Ministry approves medical use of opium and magic mushrooms

webfact

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

The number of people who launch a tirade of protests after reading only the headlines is astonishing,  Its almost as if they can't wait to complain

Then change the headlines to be more representative of the article!

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Read the article. I pretty sure it's not saying that magic mushie pizza shops are going to be popping up everywhere.

Th marijuana shops did!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

So opium dens and magic mushroom pizza shops will be the same. Do you really think so?

In LOS anything is possible! Did you think 5 years ago that they would be selling cannabis openly in multitudes of shops across Thailand?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

Then change the headlines to be more representative of the article!

Th marijuana shops did!

Its hardly my responsibility to dumb down the headlines to a level where everybody can understand them.  This subject is nothing to do with cannabis,   The two substances mentioned  are  now class 5 narcotics,  cannabis was removed from that category, with the exception of extracts over 0.2% THC. 

Its all there in the OP

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Does this possibly mean a relaxing of the rules for hospitals using morphine, codeine or Oxycodone as pain relievers? It's my understanding they were very hesitant to use them even in the most legit cases.

the 2 times i have been to the hospital in the past 10 year ( once broken collar bone, once kidney stone)
had a shot of Morphine within 5 minutes of walking thru the door
hesitant?? hardly

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zzzzz said:

the 2 times i have been to the hospital in the past 10 year ( once broken collar bone, once kidney stone)
had a shot of Morphine within 5 minutes of walking thru the door
hesitant?? hardly

That reflects my experience , those pesky stones really are agony aren't they. 

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

In LOS anything is possible! Did you think 5 years ago that they would be selling cannabis openly in multitudes of shops across Thailand?

No I didn't isn't it brilliant ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Big Bert said:

Are they still planning to ban Majwana again? Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

They did not propose a ban
they want to introduce "a fine" that they can charge outlets to remain in business, just like craft brewers pay a fine every month

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Are these going to be approved for "medical use" in the same way weed is? Or will this be for hospital administration only?

Asking for a friend, of course...

It will be ok provided you only grow 1 of each for home consumption, oops! sounds something like the rules for the other weed they promoted and now thinking to un-promote - only in confused Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

It will be ok provided you only grow 1 of each for home consumption, oops! sounds something like the rules for the other weed they promoted and now thinking to un-promote - only in confused Thailand. 

won't get very  far on one mushroom 

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its hardly my responsibility to dumb down the headlines to a level where everybody can understand them.  This subject is nothing to do with cannabis,   The two substances mentioned  are  now class 5 narcotics,  cannabis was removed from that category, with the exception of extracts over 0.2% THC. 

Its all there in the OP

When I made my comment about the headlines it wasn't levelled at you personally - it was at the people who write the headlines!

And my comment about cannabis shops was in reply to Dinsdale who said:-

"So opium dens and magic mushroom pizza shops will be the same. Do you really think so?"                 

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I've suffered from sinusitis on and off my entire life. I found pseudoephedrine very effective.

I've always found a nasal spray perfectly adequate for a runny nose,   generally only resorted to "sudafed" ( in the UK)  for flu type infections,   or when me and the lads were cooking up meth

Edited by Bday Prang

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Does this possibly mean a relaxing of the rules for hospitals using morphine, codeine or Oxycodone as pain relievers? It's my understanding they were very hesitant to use them even in the most legit cases.

had surgery in the U.S. and had some Oxycodone and some Vicodin  left over that i brought over with me just in case.  have not needed it so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

When I made my comment about the headlines it wasn't levelled at you personally

Yet you quoted me.  My comments are levelled at all those who appear unable to understand what is clearly written in the article

6 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I've always found a nasal spray perfectly adequate for a runny nose,   generally only resorted to "sudafed" ( in the UK)  for flu type infections,   or when me and the lads were cooking up meth

Sinusitis isn't just a runny nose. Sudafed was very good for relieving it.

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I had to have some shots of morphine last year for a back condition.  No big deal, wife just had to sign some paperwork thats all.  Cant say for all hospitals obviously.

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Yet you quoted me.  My comments are levelled at all those who appear unable to understand what is clearly written in the article

When I said "Then change the headlines", for the 2nd time -  I didn't expect you to do it personally, and I hope I have now made my point clear.

And again for the 2nd time, although the post is not about cannabis, I was answereing a question that clearly was referring to cannabis shops i.e. "So opium dens and magic mushroom pizza shops will be the same. Do you really think so?"                 

2 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Not many people are willing to talk about it but cannabis really impairs ones ability to drive. 

I think you will find many wont talk about it coz they dont like to talk <deleted>e in public.  I suggest you do some research.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

Thailand is turning into a narco state who the hell thinks up these things do they have any idea of the consequences??

It's for medical treatment and research. There's nothing controversial about that.

If someone's in incurable pain, or dying of a treminal illness, the least you can do is to try to keep them from suffering..

Edited by Excogitator
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I think you will find many wont talk about it coz they dont like to talk <deleted>e in public.  I suggest you do some research.

My research is my own experience with cannabis. Depend on the person/strain your reflexes slow down, also your cognitive ability goes haywire.