Why the hush money case against Donald Trump is on shaky ground

Social Media

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are great for bringing up history, but let's talk about this trial.

Do you think that Trump had affairs with Stormy Daniels and/or Karen McDougal?

Yeah, I know, you don't have talking points to cover that, but please don't deflect - if you can't answer, admit it.

As far as the case is concerned, it makes no difference if Trump has sex with them or not. 

I think he probably did, but what difference does it make? 

Again, no one seems to know what the crime is, beyond the misdemeanor bookkeeping charges. 

The NDA was legal, and influencing an election is legal. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Lots of deflection, but you never state whether Trump is guilty or not. And by guilty, I mean that the allegations are true - it's possible for a Trump fan to claim that the allegations are true, but Trump is innocent.

Not up to me to decide whether trump is guilty or not... unlike you I will wait for the trial to end and the appeals process to play out... and only in the mind of an idiot such as yourself is it possible for the allegations to be true ahead of time and the accused to be innocent... the reason for a trial is to prove the allegations... you know... verify guilt or innocence.

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

As far as the case is concerned, it makes no difference if Trump has sex with them or not. 

I think he probably did, but what difference does it make? 

Again, no one seems to know what the crime is, beyond the misdemeanor bookkeeping charges. 

The NDA was legal, and influencing an election is legal. 

Falsifying business records is a felony. No one is above the law, right?

51 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Not up to me to decide whether trump is guilty or not... unlike you I will wait for the trial to end and the appeals process to play out... and only in the mind of an idiot such as yourself is it possible for the allegations to be true ahead of time and the accused to be innocent... the reason for a trial is to prove the allegations... you know... verify guilt or innocence.

Why the nasty name towards others? Bizarre

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

The far right are all about deflection. Sad.

are you calling me far right ? perhaps take a look at my post history and you may notice you are dead wrong.

16 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Falsifying business records is a felony. No one is above the law, right?

It is only a felony when the intent to commit another crime is proven. Otherwise it is a misdemeanor:

Under New York law, falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor, while falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifying_business_records

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

22 minutes ago, stoner said:

are you calling me far right ? perhaps take a look at my post history and you may notice you are dead wrong.

If so, I sincerely apologize! Tough times around the world politically. Especially in the US. MAGA has had the opposite effect.  Sad so many fall for it

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is only a felony when the intent to commit another crime is proven. Otherwise it is a misdemeanor:

Under New York law, falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor, while falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifying_business_records

Obviously, the charges being pursued are felonies. Otherwise, why the Grand jury indictment?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

If so, I sincerely apologize! Tough times around the world politically. Especially in the US. MAGA has had the opposite effect.  Sad so many fall for it

my disdain for both the extreme left and far right runs quite deep. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Obviously, the charges being pursued are felonies. Otherwise, why the Grand jury indictment?

Because the felony charge only requires 'intent' and the grand jury was not required to prove there was intent or even say what was the "another crime" in the indictment. And again, as noted, in only 2 cases out of 389 *  in the last 10 years the NY County DA did not list the other charges along with the 'intent to commit another crime' indictment.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1326029-trumps-hush-money-trial-has-wrapped-up-for-the-week-heres-what-happened-on-friday/?do=findComment&comment=18874996

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

my disdain for both the extreme left and far right runs quite deep. 

Examples please you perceive of Left Wing extremes. Just a few please. I am aware of some but stoners have extra abilities.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I am surprised that as best I can tell we have yet to hear the term "Bimbo eruption":

As deputy chair of the 1992 Clinton presidential campaign, (Betsy) Wright established the rapid response system that was responsible for defending Clinton's record in Arkansas and promptly answering all personal attacks on the candidate. During the 1992 campaign, Wright coined the term "bimbo eruptions" to describe rumors alleging extramarital affairs by Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsey_Wright

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Examples please you perceive of Left Wing extremes. Just a few please. I am aware of some but stoners have extra abilities.

don't bother. tired of the same routine of our guy is not as much of an asshat as your guy. no matter the side. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Just as I thought. Go figure.

ok.

also your attempted dig is just as tiresome as the others on here. boring and low brow. 

Edited by stoner

40 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Again showing your ignorance of the judicial system... google first... post after... then you don't seem as stupid.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:52 AM, Tug said:

I’m no leagle beagle but it’s blatantly obvious to me a lay person there was lots of underhanded stuff going on obviously hiding trumps disgraceful behavior from the public.time will tell if it gets a conviction….more troubling to me is over at the Supreme Court several of the justices seem to be throwing a bit of (shade trumps way) perhaps the fix is in

yes, the fix in in, rather than the case is falling apart because it's purely political... it practically says as much in the OP! 

On 4/26/2024 at 2:40 PM, Thailand said:

Has been President once and amazingly it is possible it could happen again.

I guess if that happens again even more Americans over here will be pretending to be Australians!:tongue:

I've seen plenty of Australian actors do an American accent. I have yet to see an American actor who can do an Australian accent successfully.

12 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

oh look, another 'trumps going to jail' FAIL!

Yes, the walls are closing in.

The lastest bombshell allegation.

This is the beginning of the end.

Think we have all heard this tune before..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, the walls are closing in.

The lastest bombshell allegation.

This is the beginning of the end.

Think we have all heard this tune before..

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine. 

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've seen plenty of Australian actors do an American accent. I have yet to see an American actor who can do an Australian accent successfully.

That's because you're Australian.