Trump Fined for Contempt of Court, Faces Jail Time for Further Violations

Social Media

The orange doofus may meet his nemesis. But jail for contempt means he can’t be released until he has purged his contempt. I say lock him up.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump's $9000 in criminal contempt fines will be refunded. If he is jailed for repeated violations, he will be entitled to compensation.

Dream on.

Show us your expertise in American law and tell me why wouldn't be reversed on appeal

8 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Show us your expertise in American law and tell me why wouldn't be reversed on appeal

That's rich, asking for proof of expertise after having made the original claim without any of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's rich, asking for proof of expertise after having made the original claim without any of that.

You a lawyer from NY too? Cool, which of the appelate points would you like to discuss? You are a lawyer, you know what the points are, both sides?

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Yikes we are in just the second week of the trial, why are you asking about his appeal? LOL

Its a separate issue. If the DA fails to prove Trumps guilt beyond a reasonable doubt (assuming that standard exists anymore in this Judges courtroom) the appeal of the contempt will still go through. But you knew that, right?

Edited by Yagoda
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

You a lawyer from NY too? Cool, which of the appelate points would you like to discuss? You are a lawyer, you know what the points are, both sides?

Its a separate issue. If the DA fails to prove Trumps guilt beyond a reasonable doubt (assuming that standard exists anymore in this Judges courtroom) the appeal of the contempt will still go through. But you knew that, right?

Please show me where I made a claim about the appeal.

You however made this claim "The gag order will be reversed on appeal".

According to your reasoning this opinion requires knowledge of NY appellate law. Looking forward to your expertise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The question which is central to current events is whether Trump is likely to be standing against Biden come November 5, or not ?

Yes. Unless he has health issues.

9 hours ago, phetpeter said:

I understand he has an inflated ego, but, he was president of the US and because he is not from one of the families, and is a self-made man, no matter how that could be misunderstood. They certainly have got the knives out for him. He certainly needs to keep his mouth shut and allow the lawyers to do their work. If they can get murderers off, then they can certainly get him off, if he stays quiet. Plus the people spoke, made him President and perhaps he would have got a second term, if the powers to be hadn't mixed the pot perhaps, and could he be in for a second term? the people vote, but, behind the scenes, the witch hunt continues.

What do you mean by "mixed the pot"? Trump lost by 8 million votes in 2020.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Please show me where I made a claim about the appeal.

You however made this claim "The gag order will be reversed on appeal".

According to your reasoning this opinion requires knowledge of NY appellate law. Looking forward to your expertise.

Sheppard vs Maxwell to start

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Sheppard vs Maxwell to start

Yes agree, the judge should have protected Trump by taking him into custody there by preventing him from seeking publicity. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Clutching at straws. AFAICT all the prejudicial publicity pretrial has been generated by Trump's rantings on social media.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes agree, the judge should have protected Trump by taking him into custody there by preventing him from seeking publicity. 

So much for discussing the law non lawyers. Love the dispassionate analysis of the case and how it applies. But then again, it's the internet and I shouldn't expect to be able to have a cogent intellectual discussion with the impaired

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

The orange doofus may meet his nemesis. But jail for contempt means he can’t be released until he has purged his contempt. I say lock him up.

I see another lawyer here doesn't know the difference between civil and criminal contempt. Purging lol

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Ah, yes, to the maga-crowd, facts are known as 'dribble'.. unless, of course, the facts conform to their bias. Then facts are, once again, believable...

Ah, yes, to the liberal left cult, facts are known as 'conspiracy'.. unless, of course, the facts conform to their bias. Then facts are, once again, believable...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Posts like that display a lack of imagination. Surely you can come up with a more vitriolic label for Trump that that pathetic insult. Go for it, I'm sure you have some imagination.

No... he doesn't have the mental facilities to come up with anything better than the banal liberal left everyday labels.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You do understand that Trump supports Putin, a neoCommunist who wants to put the USSR back together. The war in Ukraine is part of that effort.

So when you support Putin's war, or his minion Trump, you are a tool of the neoCommunists.

Congratulations, Comrade!

Prove it or you are making it up again.

I won't hold my breath waiting for proof though, as you have nothing, zero, nada, except stupid accusations and deflections.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

What do you mean by "mixed the pot"? Trump lost by 8 million votes in 2020.

You guys just keep on ranting about the popular vote as if it mattered, which it doesn't.

Have you not got anything better to say than that tired old pointless canard?

• Confused 1

Yes. Unless he has health issues.

When it comes to health issues, Trump can walk unaided without falling over, and doesn't talk to dead people or forget where people died.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

Yeah just do that. Show the American public how you deal with candidates for POTUS during an election campaign!

Is this the USA we are discussing, or Burkina Faso?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah just do that. Show the American public how you deal with candidates for POTUS during an election campaign!

Is this the USA we are discussing, or Burkina Faso?

In Burkina Faso, charges would have never been brought. Guess you've never been there...

• Haha 1