British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Hmm, but perhaps saying all these things 'on film' whilst living in Thailand was not the brightest of ideas 🙂

Yeah, best to keep thoughts like his to yourself, but I can't really state anything he said was incorrect or untrue.

1 hour ago, john donson said:

the videos still exist... not deleted... he  'unlist' them

but easy to find...

Watching it, I had to turn on the subtitles to understand what he was saying. After viewing, I'd say he has a string of defamation suits coming his way. Best to get out of Dodge right now.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Hmm, but perhaps saying all these things 'on film' whilst living in Thailand was not the brightest of ideas 🙂

He also routinely called the existing Pai expat population libtards. He went on a crusade of sorts against them. That's why I was watching his channel and being entertained. I lived in Pai for 1 year in 2005 and it's 100x worse now than it was then. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Nevertheless, a senior officer from the national Tourist Police headquarters stated the existing evidence would be forwarded to the Immigration Police for further action, implying that Mr. Thomas has already violated Thai law.

Mr Thomas has now apologized on YouTube:

Thailand is what she is.

All the foreign visitors coming here and criticising Thailand. Wonder what they are even doing here if it is not to their liking.

Mr Thomas is reported to have violated Thai law  and now has apologised on youtube, he is allegedly only sorry because he has been caught.

Yesterday in centre Bangkok observed some foreigner muscleman with his tight shorts, no shirt, trainers and sweating profusely strutting into a lotus's. This kind of attire is suitable for the beach but not the city centre. Of course we mind our own business but it does not present a good impression to the locals.

Edited by freeworld
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

How could ANYONE say bad against this place when it has  the most clean, excellent image I have come upon, almost as pristine as Pattaya, the Family Resort :jap: 

Is anyone forcing you to live here?  Don't like Patts? leave!  Look at the UK!  Look at London!

2 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

And?  Why  drag Americans into this?  You got a problem with Yanks?

Mostly loud mouthed know it alls eg Steve Rosse

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Chetzee said:

..... you'll be looking for this appraisal .......     some of the comments are revealing ...... Abuse of Dogs in the UK .....  !   A fine British fellow is ever there was one ...... 

Jeezus! He should run, not walk to the nearest airport and get out while he can.

3 hours ago, oslooskar said:

I hope it's acceptable for me to criticize the political corruption in California and my hometown of San Francisco.

I am from San Francisco, and you should know that nothing will happen if you tell them that they destroyed a once beautiful city.  What is going on in America is the reason I am here and appreciate so much the safety, food, beauty and cost of living here.  So, I follow the rules, and guess what, no cop bothers me, no officials visit me, no one beats me up.  I am enjoying my retirement.  I am not a spoiled, entitled, crybaby on Youtube.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Is Britain perfect, no it has lots of issues, more issues than Thailand. 

Why doesn't this clown go back to Britain and fix things there or better still go to Australia it's going downhill quickly. 

I like Thailand and all its quirks and features that why I choose to live here. 

You say positive outcomes, there's nothing negative about Thailand, leave it alone. 

Thailand has made too many changes over the many years I've been living here, making changes, giving in to these moaners. 

I think its past fixing!

Just give the corrupt  police mans wife British citizenship so she can run away from charges in Thailand!

😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I watched his earlier videos, he's on a tourist visa or exemption (exemption I think) - been here a couple of months.

He's going to be denied an extension of stay and given 7 days to get out.

When he next applies for a visa on his next trip to Vietnam it will be mysteriously denied - then we will hear all the real stories.

I do hope they send him back and maybe, just maybe he will learn a lesson on how to manage his Arrogance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

I am from San Francisco, and you should know that nothing will happen if you tell them that they destroyed a once beautiful city.  What is going on in America is the reason I am here and appreciate so much the safety, food, beauty and cost of living here.  So, I follow the rules, and guess what, no cop bothers me, no officials visit me, no one beats me up.  I am enjoying my retirement.  I am not a spoiled, entitled, crybaby on Youtube.

I'm American, and amen brother! You will never hear me complain about this life. If there is a problem I address it directly, ask for help resolving it, or let it go. All with the most courtesy and respect, and I receive the same in return

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Apparently not, and neither does your embassy. You languish in detention until you get funds to pay the air fare

Trust me, IDC is not a nice place to languish....you would  be better off in BKK Hilton.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

I do hope they send him back and maybe, just maybe he will learn a lesson on how to manage his Arrogance.

MAYBE. Most people like this don't learn and don't change, sadly. If he was a learning kind he would have come here with a better attitude

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Real men take responsibility for their actions and are willing to admit their shortcomings. Tiny men take offense from the smallest things, cannot handle criticism, and their arrogance prevents them from seeing the need to change and improve.

This unbelievably dumb behavior on the part of the Thai officials is not beneficial for the nation, trying to suppress this type of information is a form of Bolshevik or Stalinist policy, and the news that will get out as a result of this kind of thing will be likely far worse than the impact a negative video could have on the nation. Nobody likes a government that engages in overreach and suppression. So, the question is does Thailand consider it to be a free and open society, or does Thailand want to emulate China and North Korea? 

is this further proof that Thailand is anything but a democracy? 

What part of "kingdom of Thailand" you  do not get?  This is not the WEST!  This is South East Asia and you western folks need to learn to stay away or adapt.  No one forced you or him or anyone to move here.  Finally, if you think the UK or America are democratic, think again,,,I think the Covid Censorship proved that!

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

He only apologizes because his free pass and visa are now in jeopardy. No sincerity. Another Pai neo hippie who thought he could drink, smoke, freeload his way through Thailand behaving any way he pleased, not respecting the people or the culture. Like the ones who run around with their shirts off, which if you folks don't know, and you should, is an offense to the Thai people. It's about time an example was made for the rest of the deadbeats to take notice of.  Notice how much he now loves the place when threatened with deportation. Oh, now you want to stay in this terrible place? 

all he ever did was state the problems he had hiring Thai staff. He upset the Pai community is the real reason for the witch hunt.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Look at all the top comments on the PPTV video. Thai people know this is BS too.

The actual problem seems to be the Pai police. What's more likely is Tom pissed off the wrong people in Pai and now they've got the corrupt Pai to go after him. TIT

image.thumb.png.3789013fc218b3bef2eafbac6cb3c1d8.png

So comments are offered as proof? Good thing you're not a lawyer, you'd be disbarred.

• Confused 3