British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Wonder what type visa/extension he has. Clearly not eligible for a retirement extension, hope to God he's not a teacher, and I don't think there is a Youtuber visa.

Digital Nomad seemed to be the 'in' phrase with TAT and the government a few months ago, perhaps they thought he was a kosher IT geek that they were so desperate to attract and he slipped in under the wire

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Same here, I read books, watched a ton of YT vids, talked to Military vets and Thais to get to low down on the culture and people.  After all my analysis and critical thinking skills, I choose to move here, because, even though it is not perfect, it is much safer, cheaper and life is much better than retirement in the west.  Finally, no one forced me to retire here.  Some Western folks were just raised spoiled and entitled and think the world revolves around them.  Hey UK, your empire died after WW2.  Deal with it.  Same for you Americans, we are not that important to the world anymore.  Appreciate what TH has to offer or take the Train, bus, Bolt, Car or Grab to Swampi and LEAVE!

Good for you, live long and prosper friend

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

The action of the authorities over this, will be the thing that may damage Thailand's reputation

not his video's. :coffee1:

Hardly. These headlines have been going on for the entire ten years I've been here, and long before. Thailand's reputation is untouched. Look before you speak. 

• Confused 3

hypocrisy: it was thank you Mr. !!!! when B Gates criticized Thailand about their multiple electrical wiring showing    

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

The action of the authorities over this, will be the thing that may damage Thailand's reputation

not his video's. :coffee1:

Look at Dubai, Saudia Arabia becomes the new world sports destination, things like this have never made any changes to the majority opinion or desire to travel or live in a country, as long it have some kind of benefits that attracts people to go there. 

Most who complain about news like this, just complain, and do nothing about it. 

I have not seen any of his content, so please enlighten me what I have missed?

Any valid criticism he have broadcasted, or just the useal bashing? 

• Confused 2

51 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

all he ever did was state the problems he had hiring Thai staff. He upset the Pai community is the real reason for the witch hunt.

Witch hunt. Where have I heard that before? Oh, that guy? The guy who is on trial for multiple felonies, and who was sued for defamation countless times, now owes more than a half billion dollars in penalties? Twice impeached? You're clueless.

• Confused 6
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Very few realize thailand is a demecratic dictatorship, and this is what comes with a dictatorship, no free speach, but they are kind enough to give you a gentle warning with a smile, and tell you the consequences you are facing if you continue. 

Soft ditatorship

And then there is that land of the free, where politicians from the left and the right want to censor what all those bad people, the others, say... 

The call it cancel culture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Very few realize thailand is a demecratic dictatorship, and this is what comes with a dictatorship, no free speach, but they are kind enough to give you a gentle warning with a smile, and tell you the consequences you are facing if you continue. 

Soft ditatorship

You need to read up. I have. And spoken to activists from groups like Human Rights Watch, whose vise president is a friend of mine. It's a constitutional monarchy, not a democracy, but its constitution does not provide the same rights as other countries. The police have a freer rein to enforce laws that are subject to interpretation, yes bribes figure in.  There's no thing as a "soft" dictatorship. Just because the government exerts more control and enforcement regarding certain issues does not in and of itself define it as a dictatorship, unlike, say, its communist neighbors to the North and West. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there is that land of the free, where politicians from the left and the right want to censor what all those bad people, the others, say... 

Yeah, sure, anything you say. Must be true, because you said it. The reality is actually much more complex and nuanced, therefore over your head. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, thats another thing, 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

Is anyone forcing you to live here?  Don't like Patts? leave!  Look at the UK!  Look at London!

Really little or no idea, Taboo! Do you think I should leave now or should I wait for warmer weather, London is not on my bucket list 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You need to read up. I have. And spoken to activists from groups like Human Rights Watch, whose vise president is a friend of mine. It's a constitutional monarchy, not a democracy, but its constitution does not provide the same rights as other countries. The police have a freer rein to enforce laws that are subject to interpretation, yes bribes figure in.  There's no thing as a "soft" dictatorship. Just because the government exerts more control and enforcement regarding certain issues does not in and of itself define it as a dictatorship, unlike, say, its communist neighbors to the North and West. 

You can believe and say what you want, but to me, the election seemed fixed and constructed who was allowed to be candidates, and how they orchestrated the government! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Thailand is what she is.

All the foreign visitors coming here and criticising Thailand. Wonder what they are even doing here if it is not to their liking.

Mr Thomas is reported to have violated Thai law  and now has apologised on youtube, he is allegedly only sorry because he has been caught.

Yesterday in centre Bangkok observed some foreigner muscleman with his tight shorts, no shirt, trainers and sweating profusely strutting into a lotus's. This kind of attire is suitable for the beach but not the city centre. Of course we mind our own business but it does not present a good impression to the locals.

No! Ya think? You mean that the locals are not in awe of Mr. Muscleman's physique, as he surely expects? These guys have egos bigger than their muscles. If they only knew what people really thought.

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Not to forget the corruption all the way up to the very top level, where army generals pulls the strings. 

We know there is a fine line right there, 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Is Britain perfect, no it has lots of issues, more issues than Thailand

That is a false dichotomy

The sun's of one country in no way mitigates or justifies the sins of another.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Just watched this video and save for a few profanities, he is simply making many of the same complaints you read everyday on this forum. He even says he loves in living in Thailand....it's simply the frustrations of it all coming out. It's a bit silly to post to YouTube with your face there for the world to see, but if you just take the issue of what he is saying, it really is no worse than all the stuff many of us have complained about many times!

yeah, well, a lot of us are just as sick of you people's whining and complaining, only we're not the police, so we just shake our heads wondering why you came here, and why you don't just leave. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

I'm American

Are you of the Lyin' Donzo clan or the Wonky Joe persuasion? Hand on your heart and Ol' Glory!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Witch hunt. Where have I heard that before? Oh, that guy? The guy who is on trial for multiple felonies, and who was sued for defamation countless times, now owes more than a half billion dollars in penalties? Twice impeached? You're clueless.

All roads lead to Trump. He's driving you mad!

• Haha 2