Biden is closely monitoring the situations unfolding on college campuses across the country

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, I do too. It's a guilty pleasure. But it really shouldnt be necessary. This is a job for law enforcement. No need to make martyrs of the idiots. The real villains are the cowards who run the universities and let this fester in the first place.

The Police are restricted in what force then can use and they have to go by the law , the public can give them the battering that they deserve and one that they wont forget and hopefully they will think twice in future before bullying other people , just because they are mob handed 

11 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

yes... very peaceful... Guns confiscated from anti-Israel protesters at UT Austin, University of South Florida

How many protesters have been found with guns? One? 😃

• Sad 1

One thing is certain. Joe has certainly had a LOT of time to "monitor the situation".  His daily schedule lately has been, shall we say, rather light.

Wednesday. One campaign event for one hour in the late afternoon.

Tuesday. One event at 300pm

Monday. No events

Last Friday. One 30 minute interview

• Like 1

Are you saying Biden is monitoring or are you saying this? These are the same kinds of people at Black Lives Matter. America has never just watched and doing nothing like they are doing now. 
It seems like every day now something stupid is happening. 

• Like 1

The head of a major Iranian university reportedly offered scholarships to students expelled from U.S. and European universities over anti-Israel protests broiling with antisemitism.

Wonder no more where the root of the hate and terror is located... muslims hate and if not the jews then everybody else... 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

One thing is certain. Joe has certainly had a LOT of time to "monitor the situation".  His daily schedule lately has been, shall we say, rather light.

Monday. No events

And all the rest of the time was eating ice cream and napping humm???or just maybe there was that governing thingy ehh you know all the other issues you really should try harder that was a pretty weak slur

16 hours ago, Brian Hull said:

I am not an American but I support Joe Biden in most things. But his no-strings-attached provision of weaponry to Israel after they have killed tens of thousands of Palestinians is the root cause of the student protests. He had better get a lot tougher on Israel and quickly or he will lose the election to the deranged would-be fascist dictator.

I agree, but if he backs down on israel the israeli lobby will probably crucify him and if he keeps supporting israel he likely loses millions of votes and the election.

Trump must be picking out the furniture for the W H already.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Your guess would be wrong.

There are myriad cases of Jewish students and faculty being denied entry to campus buildings, to their offices, and so on. Being assaulted and threatened with bodily harm.  

Have there been any cases where the police stepped in during simple, peaceful protests? Or were there other elements at play, such as blocking access to the campus, setting up illegal encampments, damaging/destroying property, and so on. 

This is just another example of how angry people are towards Israel. And they anger is all around the world. By their extreme and totally disproportionate response to the Hamas attacks they have isolated themselves like never before. They are playing a very dangerous game, and Netanyahu very well may be a psychopath. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is just another example of how angry people are towards Israel. And they anger is all around the world. By their extreme and totally disproportionate response to the Hamas attacks they have isolated themselves like never before. They are playing a very dangerous game, and Netanyahu very well may be a psychopath. 

I don't know about being a psychopath, but I reckon he's very scared of going to jail once the fighting stops- not for the war, but for the crimes he committed before October 7.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know about being a psychopath, but I reckon he's very scared of going to jail once the fighting stops- not for the war, but for the crimes he committed before October 7.

I also agree. But, I would add both before and after Oct. 7th. Few things would be more fun to witness than this nutter serving time in a slammer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but if he backs down on israel the israeli lobby will probably crucify him and if he keeps supporting israel he likely loses millions of votes and the election.

Not necessarily disagree with you but still the election being far out may provide Biden with some relief. It is unimaginerable that the Israel/Hams war will dragged on that much longer. I think if Biden engaged heavily in the re-construction of Palestine, voters sentiments can change. There is also a small chance that Blinken can pulled off the cease-fire agreement and avoid the Rafah's invasion; it can appease the discontentment. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But so many of the protesters and their ilk claim they are not anti semitic but anti zionist. If that is the case, why do they harass and assault Jewish students, most of whom are American? 

I would love to see a similar level of anger directed at Iran, which is by any measure a far worse player on the world stage, a country where human rights are routinely ignored and where minorities are murdered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

But so many of the protesters and their ilk claim they are not anti semitic but anti zionist. If that is the case, why do they harass and assault Jewish students, most of whom are American? 

I would love to see a similar level of anger directed at Iran, which is by any measure a far worse player on the world stage, a country where human rights are routinely ignored and where minorities are murdered. 

I'm in agreement with you on that I would love to see a similar amount of anger directed toward Iran and even Russia. But the reality is that these universities do not have fortunes from their endowments invested in Iranian companies, many of them are invested in Israel and that's the argument that a lot of these students have. In addition we're not sending massive amounts of weapons to Iran that they are then turning around and using on women and children. 

Though I agree with your the sensibility of your argument, it is the difference between kumquats and watermelons that we're talking about. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm in agreement with you on that I would love to see a similar amount of anger directed toward Iran and even Russia. But the reality is that these universities do not have fortunes from their endowments invested in Iranian companies, many of them are invested in Israel and that's the argument that a lot of these students have. In addition we're not sending massive amounts of weapons to Iran that they are then turning around and using on women and children. 

Though I agree with your the sensibility of your argument, it is the difference between kumquats and watermelons that we're talking about. 

That's a fair point.

As for the whole 'divestment' argument, I have never been able to find out exactly what it entails.  Is it direct investment in Israel based businesses? American companies that simply do business in Israel? Because if it is the latter, I would love to see the protestors put their money where their collective mouths are.  No McDonalds for starters- , no Crocs, no Coca Cola, no Google...Mama Google alone has 2000 employees in Israel. So they had better "divest" themselves first before asking anyone else to.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:00 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

joe is on the job... hahahaha... they are trying to decide which side is going to garner them the most votes... decision to come before November

What do you think Trump would be doing , Golfing 

On 5/3/2024 at 7:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The House Trumpanzee is still spouting The Cult and Qanon Crap 

• Like 1

All those heavily armed cops dressed up in full riot gear to deal with unarmed and peaceful students are looking like thugs. If they don't think they are sending the wrong message they should be.

They are alienating the very people that will be community leaders and politicians in the future, and they will not forget how they were treated.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:12 AM, Hanaguma said:

Mama Google alone has 2000 employees in Israel. So they had better "divest" themselves first before asking anyone else to.

or the iphone they are snapping the awesome instagram pics with....o wait those were made by children. my bad. carry on. why demand food when you can order it from macdonalds on your phone app and have it delivered right to your protest. 

• Like 1

I’m sure Biden would like nothing more than for this entire mess to disappear. The US is aiding Israel and that probably won’t change anytime soon. On balance, hardly a popular stance and certainly no way to gain votes from college students.  

I’m old enough to remember the Vietnam war protests, the Democratic convention riots in Chicago in 1968, and Kent State. And until recently, I’ve wondered what happened to the anti-war movement and the Democratic party.  Until the current Middle East thing began, the Democrats have been all about war and destruction, and the kids in school have been silent. No anti-war protests at all.  And then, all of a sudden, the kids are all about peace. The issue of free speech is also interesting.  The Democrats and the corporate media do everything in their power to censor speech they don’t like, calling it “misinformation,” and yet we’re now hearing about the protestors free speech rights and how they should be protected.  Hypocrisy.

Anyway, much of the madness is apparently being well funded.  Another summer of trouble, just in time for the election?  Maybe that’s the point.  

On 5/2/2024 at 6:09 PM, Hanaguma said:

Monday. No events

Link, please.

I know for sure, the President gave the Medal of Freedom to a bunch of people on Friday.

The previous day , he had a bunch of events, and then went to North Carolina.

The previous days he had a bunch of events:

https://rollcall.com/factbase-calendar/

I think your sources are wrong.

7 hours ago, jas007 said:

I’m sure Biden would like nothing more than for this entire mess to disappear. The US is aiding Israel and that probably won’t change anytime soon. On balance, hardly a popular stance and certainly no way to gain votes from college students.  

I’m old enough to remember the Vietnam war protests, the Democratic convention riots in Chicago in 1968, and Kent State. And until recently, I’ve wondered what happened to the anti-war movement and the Democratic party.  Until the current Middle East thing began, the Democrats have been all about war and destruction, and the kids in school have been silent. No anti-war protests at all.  And then, all of a sudden, the kids are all about peace. The issue of free speech is also interesting.  The Democrats and the corporate media do everything in their power to censor speech they don’t like, calling it “misinformation,” and yet we’re now hearing about the protestors free speech rights and how they should be protected.  Hypocrisy.

Anyway, much of the madness is apparently being well funded.  Another summer of trouble, just in time for the election?  Maybe that’s the point.  

You forgot about Iraq.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Link, please.

I know for sure, the President gave the Medal of Freedom to a bunch of people on Friday.

You need to check a little more closely. A lot of the items on the schedule are movements, or recieving a briefing, or someone else llike KJP doing something. Oh, and Joe spent the weekend at his beach house, no events.   

Friday was one event, the ceremony. On Joes schedule he started at 430pm and finished at 445pm. After that, off to Delaware and the beach.

Thursday, 2 events in the afternoon.

Wednesday, a campaign event in the late afternoon, which Joe attended for less than an hour.

Tuesday, a digital town hall campaign event in the afternoon.

See a pattern here? Joe needs his beauty sleep. Almost nothing scheduled before lunchtime. 

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Link, please.

Biden doesn't have to arrange anything. All he has to do is be transported by his handlers to whatever function they want him at, wheel him out, do whatever they tell him, say whatever is on the teleprompter, wheel him back, repeat.

I'm wishin' and hopin' that he will actually have a debate with the Donald ( without the teleprompter ). Should be max entertaining.