Russian Man's Body Found in Bangkok Canal with Multiple Wrist Injuries

webfact

image.jpeg

A Russian man's body was discovered in Bangkok's Hua Lamphong Canal yesterday, showing over ten cuts on his wrists. The man, identified as 40-year-old Asonov Konstantin, was found by local residents around 8 am, according to Bangrak Police Station officers. 

Konstantin, shirtless and wearing dark blue shorts, was found hanging from the canal's fence, tethered by a shoelace. Authorities identified him through a passport found in his trouser pocket. A broken glass bottle, with blood, was found near the scene, leading officers to estimate that Konstantin died one to two days before being found. 

Local residents said Konstantin appeared to be homeless, often seen sleeping on a nearby pavement and close to a local shrine. Many observed him talking to himself, hinting at possible mental health issues.

While preliminary investigation suggests that Konstantin may have committed suicide, Thai authorities are keeping all options open and will carry out an in-depth probe into his death. His body has been moved to the Police General Hospital for an autopsy. The police are also working to reach out to his family for further arrangements.

Screenshot TV Channel 8

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

I didn't see anything relating to Russian bratva, but anything is possible. 

My initial thoughts is suicide but then it can be made to look that way.  

I just read that the most powerful underworld boss is a Jewish Ukraine born Russian by the name of Semion Yudkovich Mogilevich.  I doubt that you'd want to upset him

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I just read that the most powerful underworld boss is a Jewish Ukraine born Russian by the name of Semion Yudkovich Mogilevich.  I doubt that you'd want to upset him

Yes, being both nasty and clever could be tricky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems he tried cutting his wrist and then decided on hanging himself with his shoelaces. Where there is a will there is always a way. Neither the first nor the last foreigner to commit suicide in Thailand. RIP. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are countless. Just a start. 

First article is about 1993. Seriously? 😀

Another ones latest date is 2014 (10 years from now).

Look like you just made it up about  5,000 organized criminal gangs, and just posted some firstly appeared links from google.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Very interesting person https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semion_Mogilevich

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

Seems he tried cutting his wrist and then decided on hanging himself with his shoelaces. Where there is a will there is always a way. Neither the first nor the last foreigner to commit suicide in Thailand. RIP. 

Yep. few years ago there was a case of another russian hanged himself at Rama VI bridge, but was too heavy so he decapitated himself. Police found "sorry Natasha!" note in his pocket. 

About decade ago there were 2 similar suicides - unlucky ones thought both can turn into Spider-man and jumped from high rise condo. One into the pool another one hit parking. Same year and quite close sukhumvit area of Bangkok. 

However ...

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

The window was jammed in the hotel, couldn’t do the Pattaya plunge 

Meaning self  harm  or being assisted

Pretty Sad, Karma in with all the Russia free visa and more Russian gangs coming in-There will be more incidents. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Suicide.  Especially since he was homeless and mentally ill (from reports).

Not every Russian's demise is at the hands of organized crime...and if Russian mobsters did kill someone, they'd do it in a spectacular manner to warn others.