Thai Maid Inherited Fortune from French Boss

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

After 17 years of faithful service... why is it convenient?

When was the will written to leave everything to the maid? Why would someone just give up on life and shoot themselves? Too many questions conveniently being pushed aside

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

serious question...

french citizen, did she not have any family left? 

and...

does the maid have to pay FRANCE inheritance tax on the 50 million before getting the money?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I suspect the maid's life expectancy just got a whole lot shorter.

Possibly,...But she will have soo many friends that want nothing than the best for her from now on,...

Would the opposite be possible?
I mean if a rich Thai without children left an inheritance to a foreigner, perhaps a lover of him\her, is it possible?

I have doubts...

What do you think?

Tony

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

serious question...

and...

does the maid have to pay FRANCE inheritance tax on the 50 million before getting the money?

Maybe the assets are inThailand.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Would the opposite be possible?
I mean if a rich Thai without children left an inheritance to a foreigner, perhaps a lover of him\her, is it possible?

I have doubts...

What do you think?

Tony

If there was no will, then the Thai's parents and siblings would have the inheritance.

If there was a will, then they may contest it.

2 hours ago, john donson said:

serious question...

and...

No, the inheritance is in Thailand. 

8 hours ago, Older and Wiser said:

It appears the lady lived alone. Didn't the maid live-in? Seems not, the article says she was informed the next day. So she didn't discover the body, then who did? If maid/friend for 17 years, why didn't she live in when her boss had cancer? How did the lady have a gun? A lot of unanswered questions.

What a load of rubbish. Not every maid lives in !!!  I also have a kind and trusting home help. While I do have relatives, she will be on the list alongside. 

4 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

When was the will written to leave everything to the maid? Why would someone just give up on life and shoot themselves? Too many questions conveniently being pushed aside

Perhaps step out of the broom cupboard where you live and look around the great big world that we live in.

Have you heard of assisted suicide?

Euthanasia?

DNR (do not resuscitate/living will)?

Lots of people 'give up on life' when the living is not worth the reward.

I have informed family and friends that I will take one of these options when the list of chronic diseases that I have, become 'not worth the effort'.

I already have the organ/body donation in place along with a DNR at the main hospital where live.

I have also given away the properties that I own.

So maybe, just maybe, it was suicide.

It happens more often than you seem to realise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Too many questions conveniently being pushed aside

Exactly,  but suspicious deaths are all suicides in this Country of Maggots.

Was there a suicide note?

She was adjusting her cctv the day before she died, why was she doing that? Was she concerned about her personal safety?

As always the Thai police are very comfortable when the death of an expat is not too complicated, why give bad publicity to Thailand with suspicious deaths, that is always their order.

Here there are too many suspicious elements and if the police would do the work they don't want to do it would be more credible.

A Frenchwoman who has money can always choose a more peaceful death such as euthanasia which is practised in Belgium and Switzerland.

7 hours ago, john donson said:

serious question...

and...

lucky for the world that you are not a tax accountant. Shes a thai lady not French. Why on earth would she owe the french revenue dept anything

Thailand is suspicious country both in relations between westerners with local population and relations between "professionals" with westerners. On the back door always involved m.o.n.e.y.......

Τhai - Ukranians-Russia as well as African origin people are focused in "easy life"and their usual haunds is usually outside of Shopping Centers asking "general questions" and "directions" because foreigners usually westerners are in their "priority list".......

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope this situation is resolved quickly and the estate goes to a deserved person, as deemed to be, by the legal system.

Edited by watgate

On 5/3/2024 at 12:36 PM, ourmanflint said:

how convenient for the maid

All the toxic people around already started to target the poor maid who most probably never suspected that something so tragic could ever happen. Narcissists always tend to equate everything with money. They don't know, they have understanding of human empathy. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Heard a story about some one in angleles similar,he looked after her well would have being well after he died.She tried to greedy got caught out got nothing.so this maid or helper did the right thing and got rewarded.But she killed herself sad end

Edited by bristolgeoff
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...