Shopee/Lazada credit card vs cash on delivery

Posted (edited)

I am not worried about losing the money just wished that I hadn't waited a week for 2 items to cancel

Total is only about 5000 baht and shopee say it can take 7-14 days but maybe muh quicker.

If I paid cod I would still have that 5000 in my pocket

Now I have had to order from other sellers with cod option this time

Worst part is you cannot even leave a sh7t feedback when it's been cancelled by the seller 

One says out of stock for the reason but they took 1 week to tell me.

Edited by kwak250

3 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I am not worried about losing the money just wished that I hadn't waited a week for 2 items to cancel

Total is only about 5000 baht and shopee say it can take 7-14 days but maybe muh quicker.

If I paid cod I would still have that 5000 in my pocket

Now I have had to order from other sellers with cod option this time

Worst part is you cannot even leave a sh7t feedback when it's been cancelled by the seller 

One says out of stock for the reason but they took 1 week to tell me.

Not sure if the same with credit card but pay with mobile banking is a reach around. They cancel, you get a “refund” and it goes into your “wallet” and then you can’t use it unless you follow 2 pages of complicated banking instructions. I should note I’m only talking about what lazada does. The other thing I’ve had is lazada cancels my items, NOT the seller, and then the money goes into my “wallet” that I can’t use. That one I find particularly annoying 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

You sound ridiculous 

How do you know what I buy?

Nothing is sub 200b

YOU Take the cake. RIDICULOUS

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

You do like the word "Ridiculous "

I bet you look like Victor meldrew

Screenshot_20240504_174605_Chrome.jpg

LOL. damn british. Shouldnt you be out assaulting someone?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've found the opposite, Lazada have given me an early refund twice before the seller even confirms. Very good, Shopee has a lot of work to do to catch up

Agree, and will use LAZ as first choice.  If using LAZMALL vendor, will refund item when picked up, before it even makes it back to the warehouse.   Just got an instant refund notice to 'LAZ Wallet' last week, on 2 parcels/3 items returned, before the driver made it out of the soi :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, lexxy said:

I wouldnt lump in lazada with shopee. Lazada and their customer service is flawless.

You mean worst case scenario.

59 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

credit card vs cash 

I always pay credit card, if for some reason the item is faulty or wrong item described, you are protected using credit card. 

I've had to report and fill out documents at Kasikorn bank on a few occasions, money is always returned in around 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I have now had 2 parcels cancelled by the seller

Did you see how many of these items had already been sold and see the buyers reviews and delivery times before you made your order?

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I always pay credit card, if for some reason the item is faulty or wrong item described, you are protected using credit card. 

I've had to report and fill out documents at Kasikorn bank on a few occasions, money is always returned in around 6 weeks. 

Thai credit card? if not Thai usually there's some exchange loss or commission included

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...  your post is...   never had an issue with Lazada not refunding.

I guess if someone can't wait 7-14 days for a refund, then they have other financial issues... 

COD or Payment through the app just depends on personal preference - if you will be in or not... 

We always use Payment through the App because we never know if we'll be in and delivery can just place it on our doorstep (no porch pirates in moobaan)...    

Items are often cancelled by the vendor, refund is always forthcoming.

Nope. Not with me. I can price it I have funds in my lazada “wallet” that I can’t spend. 

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I have now had 2 parcels cancelled by the seller

It may not be the case... but, particularly with Chinese vendors I've often found that they cancel the order, then when I search for the same item again, its available from different vendor using exactly the same photos...     my guess is 'bait and switch'...   

... they list items cheaply to draw you in, when you pull the tigger they are not available and if you want the item, you chose the more expensive option...  I suspect its a business model some of the vendors use - its particularly annoying when purchasing something on a 'time-line'...