Trump Likens Biden Administration to 'Gestapo' at Private Donor Event

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who is living in a state of delusion? 

The growth in the annual deficit under Trump ranks as the third-biggest increase, relative to the size of the economy, of any U.S. presidential administration, according to a calculation by a leading Washington budget maven, Eugene Steuerle, co-founder of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. And unlike George W. Bush and Abraham Lincoln, who oversaw the larger relative increases in deficits, Trump did not launch two foreign conflicts or have to pay for a civil war.

Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the COVID-19 crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm, but federal finances under Trump had become dire even before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.” The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

From your own source:

20210114-borrowing-increased-under-trump-despite-promise-to-repay-national-debt-small.png

It specifies national debt - not deficit - like you should have done. See where it says Covid?

The debt trend even before the pandemic was unremarkable compared previous years.

Meanwhile, under Biden, the debt has surged another 6.5T$.

So, now, we can all see who is truly deluded here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Is this supposed to be a Trump quote?  I don't believe it, this is at best a paraphrase or a highly edited version of something Trump said.

See... that's the problem right there in a nut shell... you have no idea who said it and in what context but you have TDS so bad that you assume it was trump... hahahaha... if you were half as smart as you think that you are... you would know who said it... where and when.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think more voters hate Washington/ Dems than hate Trump. Biden as a candidate is just rubbing the electorate's face in the Washington arrogance.

I disagree. I think most voters hate them both. Both parties are morally bankrupt. Both parties are beholden to lobbyists. Both are part of the swamp.

Very little difference. Politics in the US is a complete mess and the system is broken. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I disagree. I think most voters hate them both. Both parties are morally bankrupt. Both parties are beholden to lobbyists. Both are part of the swamp.

Very little difference. Politics in the US is a complete mess and the system is broken. 

Just out of curiosity, what country has a better political system?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Just out of curiosity, what country has a better political system?

Good question. Not sure.

But the US allows it's politicians to profit from insider trading. It is against the law, but that law is not enforced.

The US is totally beholden to lobbyists, Trump included.

And the US is the only nation with a completely outdated electoral college.

Lastly, the US still has bizarre campaign finance laws. Totally unfair to the populace. 

I could go on. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And the US is the only nation with a completely outdated electoral college.

Not so. The electoral college was devised to prevent a few populous states, ( like NY and California ) deciding the election. That is still the case today. Very clever men, those that wrote the constitution.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so. The electoral college was devised to prevent a few populous states, ( like NY and California ) deciding the election. That is still the case today. Very clever men, those that wrote the constitution.

Yes, California was a populous state when the EC was installed.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, California was a populous state when the EC was installed.

They were intelligent men and saw a future in which some states would be very populated, while others would not be. I didn't say that applied to California then.

Next.

• Confused 1

On 5/30/2024 at 5:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Totally disagree. A national popular vote would eliminate the “battleground state” phenomenon that has now become the key feature of post-convention campaigning, leaving most Americans alienated from the decisive phase of presidential elections. “Swing” or “battleground” states are mere accidents of geography. They do not matter because they have any special civic characteristics. They simply happen to be states that become competitive because of their demography, and which are readily identifiable as such because of the increasing sophistication of political polling. In a truly national election, parties and candidates would have the incentive to turn out their votes wherever they were, fostering a deeper sense of engagement across the whole population.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally disagree. A national popular vote would eliminate the “battleground state” phenomenon that has now become the key feature of post-convention campaigning, leaving most Americans alienated from the decisive phase of presidential elections. “Swing” or “battleground” states are mere accidents of geography. They do not matter because they have any special civic characteristics. They simply happen to be states that become competitive because of their demography, and which are readily identifiable as such because of the increasing sophistication of political polling. In a truly national election, parties and candidates would have the incentive to turn out their votes wherever they were, fostering a deeper sense of engagement across the whole population.

Disagree all you like. Those states will likely never agree to change the constitution so the coasts can win every election- a Democrat president for ever.

Without their support the constitution can not be changed.

LOL.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, we get that you hate Trump. You don't need to keep repeating the same thing over and over- gets boring and I don't want to put you on ignore as your non Trump posts are worth reading.

We know you're in the cult.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, we get that you hate Trump. You don't need to keep repeating the same thing over and over- gets boring and I don't want to put you on ignore as your non Trump posts are worth reading.

Got it. I think I will simply attempt to post less about Huge Don. It seems to be a very sensitive topic for many, and I do not intend to offend. 

On 5/30/2024 at 10:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously, what did he do before covid that elicits such hatred?

Started no wars, good economy, lowest unemployment for minorities in a long while, trying to stop illegal invasion.

Covid changed everything, but can't expect numpties to sort that sort of thing without making a mess of it.

I think  the climate & open borders activists  hate Trump the most.

methinks

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Got it. I think I will simply attempt to post less about Huge Don. It seems to be a very sensitive topic for many, and I do not intend to offend. 

Thank you. Despite what many think I am not a Trump lover ( I'd tax every $ over 2 million at 95% ), but your posts offend even me.

I support him only as long as Biden is the candidate ( or Harris ) as I consider them to be a threat to world peace, and he seems to be the only GOP candidate that could defeat Biden.

Q Why would I support a man that is all that you say about him?

A Because he didn't start any wars last time. All the boys that might have died otherwise thank him. Biden has prolonged one that should never have started, IMO, and seems to be escalating us all the way to MAD, while the other conflict he has been stoking with lots and lots of US bombs looks like turning into a full blown M E war.

We've had enough warmongers in the past 50,000 years of human existence, and it's about time we grew up as a species and started talking instead of killing.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1