Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly what you said. I understand you're type prefer other like-minded guys to come in and share how it's perfectly normal for a an old foreign  man to have sex with an impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant. 

I'll leave you to it, justifying your own perversions. Not the type of foreigners we want here.  

In Thailand it is perfectly normal for a an old foreign  man to have sex with an ex impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant ( girl ). Normal is when something happens millions of times over 50 or more years. 

The girl is an ex impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant, as she has been minting it from all her temporary farang boyfriends and is now a rich 3rd world Thai peasant ( girl ). 

On 5/7/2024 at 3:01 AM, Gottfrid said:

Don´t care about that. Your friend is a loser that can´t find a women of his own age in his country. So, just have to travel to see poor young girl to fulfill his dreams. that´s the essence of a pervert.

Most normal men want to get a leg over an attractive girl, which normally means under 30, but in western countries an old guy will never get that opportunity, unless famous or rich, so if it means hopping a plane to LOS, so be it. If that's being a pervert, bring it on.

What sort of loser wants to bonk a granny?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

What does "takes away" mean in this context? It's important to know that.

See my latest post - it doesn't matter what it means,  this phrase is used if you have sex with a person 15-18

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not the type of foreigners we want here.  

Maybe not you, but Thai owners of restaurants, hotels, guesthouses, bars, night clubs etc all do want that sort of foreigner there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lorry said:

See my latest post - it doesn't matter what it means,  this phrase is used if you have sex with a person 15-18

If it's written in a law, what it means matters a lot.

Also, it isn't used if you someone has sex with them, it's used if you take them away to have sex with them.

This is why what the words mean matters so much.

Edited by BangkokReady

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If it's written in a law, what it means matters a lot.

It means what law enforcement think it means. 

It doesn't matter what you, I, a linguist or any reasonable person thinks it means. 

And law enforcement think it means we can arrest Mr Rockwell, even he obviously did not take away the girl from her parents

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My 18 y/o daughter told me recently that 25 year old men are too old. 

That's probably normal for Thai 18-year-olds.

But maybe you should show her Mr Rockwell's pic, and she would change her mind. He doesn't look bad, certainly not a generation older than her. And he is rich and famous, 2 very strong aphrodisiaca.

But generally I agree with what has been said before: 

Only girls with daddy issues who want money are interested in older guys.

There are a lot of these in Thailand. 

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In Thailand it is perfectly normal for a an old foreign  man to have sex with an ex impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant (girl).

Also quite normal for a Thai to do it.

I sometimes wonder how some foreigners can stand to live in Thailand when they spend so much time objecting to things that Thai people do. I guess they just lie to themselves that it's only the evil foreigners that so such things.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, in Thailand nothing is a simple as what is written. Given that most of us don't read Thai, a translation may only give part of the truth, or not be the correct truth. As I found out, what is written is not necessarily as it is in reality.

In general, the law is what the official on the spot decides it should be.

While the translations say 15, in reality, depending on a myriad of circumstances it may not be 15.

If I were going to be bonking a 15 year old in Thailand ( I never would have, but that is beside the point here ), I'd be making sure that the entire extended family, and the local plod were OK with it, before even being alone with said temptress.

I suspect the girl is looking for a new i phone and such like, and I know what the man is wanting, but sometimes, a trap is so glaringly obvious that the fly should just not go there.

The law applies to 15 to 17yos. I've never seen any different.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Also quite normal for a Thai

"Normal" as in frequeht, yes.

"Normal" as in agreement with societal norms, no.

Thais do disapprove of guys having a girl a generation younger.

And, contrary to farang, Thai men rarely walk around in public holding hands with their dek.

Its acceptable to have a 18-y.o. dek, but not a girlfriend.  Even a a mia noi is not as generally accepted as farang think. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Lorry said:

dek

Do you mean gik?

Who cares if they dont walk around holding hands with their younger mistress? That doesnt make it any less normal to have a younger mistress.

Also, people not approving doesn't make it not normal either.

I'm not sure you know what normal means.

Also, Thais don't really care what other people do if it doesn't affect them. It sounds like you really don't know Thaialnd.

Edited by BangkokReady

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Who cares if they dont walk around holding hands with their younger mistress?

Most Thais care, including the old guys themselves.

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Do you mean gik?

Not really.

Gik and dek is not the same.

A gik is more like a girlfriend or FWB even if you are in a relationship already. 

A gik can be your age.

A dek is the 18y.o. you picked up in Tawan Daeng or a beer garden and you "take care" of her.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Most Thais care, including the old guys themselves.

Not really.

Gik and dek is not the same.

A gik is more like a girlfriend or FWB even if you are in a relationship already. 

A gik can be your age.

A dek is the 18y.o. you picked up in Tawan Daeng or a beer garden and you "take care" of her.

You're making it all sound pretty normal.

Edited by BangkokReady

A long time ago my gf took me to a Thai restaurant with singers where she used to work in the kitchen.

The boss, maybe 50, had a string of young Thai girlfriends. The oldest was maybe 16. He also made them regularly pregnant. 

Police and soldiers were regular guest in that bar, and it seems for everybody this was all completely normal. 

Ok, that is now a long time ago, but I don't think the principle changed. Almost all men like to play around with pretty young girls. It's nature.

Obviously, feminists don't like it, and men who listened too long to those feminists pretend they don't like it, but that doesn't change reality.

Look at Sasa Handa, a Japanese movie star, and think about if you would enjoy if she gave you a massage or two.

sasa_handa_11392.webp

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

and men who listened too long to those feminists pretend they don't like it

There's definitely a bit of "I want that but I can't have it so I don't want anyone else having it" at play.

Nobody has come close to putting forward any kind of rational objection. They just don't like it.

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There's definitely a bit of "I want that but I can't have it so I don't want anyone else having it" at play.

Nobody has come close to putting forward any kind of rational objection. They just don't like it.

I think it boils down to what we all consider normal. When I grew up and I was in school all my friends lived in houses with both of their parents and often a sister or brother. People finished school and often visited university. We didn't have lots of money, but money was also never a problem. The parents paid for everything. That was normal - at least for me.

For lots of other people my normal was very different from their normal. But I only realized that many years later when I was not living in this sheltered environment anymore.

I write it like this because I guess we all have something what we considered normal when we grew up, and later we realized it isn't really normal for everybody. We all have different experiences with relationships, money, and and and

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it boils down to what we all consider normal. When I grew up and I was in school all my friends lived in houses with both of their parents and often a sister or brother. People finished school and often visited university. We didn't have lots of money, but money was also never a problem. The parents paid for everything. That was normal - at least for me.

For lots of other people my normal was very different from their normal. But I only realized that many years later when I was not living in this sheltered environment anymore.

I write it like this because I guess we all have something what we considered normal when we grew up, and later we realized it isn't really normal for everybody. We all have different experiences with relationships, money, and and and

You're more generous than I am.

Did encountering a way of life you found to be "not normal" make you angry? Did you subsequently verbally attack people and then try to say they are doing something they are not in order to shame them into agreeing with you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You're more generous than I am.

Did encountering a way of life you found to be "not normal" make you angry? Did you subsequently verbally attack people and then try to say they are doing something they are not in order to shame them into agreeing with you?

We all know that some people are more open than others.

I moved to another city when I was about 20. And to another country, Thailand, when I was 30, and I had a long time to get used to things.

If someone lived and worked his whole life in one region, and then decides to retire half around the globe, then things are a lot more difficult to understand and get used to. Or, more likely, those people will just never adapt at that age.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A long time ago my gf took me to a Thai restaurant with singers where she used to work in the kitchen.

The boss, maybe 50, had a string of young Thai girlfriends. The oldest was maybe 16. He also made them regularly pregnant. 

Police and soldiers were regular guest in that bar, and it seems for everybody this was all completely normal. 

Ok, that is now a long time ago, but I don't think the principle changed. Almost all men like to play around with pretty young girls. It's nature.

Obviously, feminists don't like it, and men who listened too long to those feminists pretend they don't like it, but that doesn't change reality.

Look at Sasa Handa, a Japanese movie star, and think about if you would enjoy if she gave you a massage or two.

sasa_handa_11392.webp

"former AV Idol who was born on April 18, 1985"

54 minutes ago, Lorry said:

"former AV Idol who was born on April 18, 1985"

So, you looked her up...

That picture is from the beginning of her career, probably with a title like "barely legal". 😉 

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most normal men want to get a leg over an attractive girl, which normally means under 30, but in western countries an old guy will never get that opportunity, unless famous or rich, so if it means hopping a plane to LOS, so be it. If that's being a pervert, bring it on.

What sort of loser wants to bonk a granny?

See, either it was a woman under 30, for a 60 year old man or it was a "granny". Do you mean older then, or you go way over board there too and go for 90? You have never considered an age difference of around 10 year up or down?

Sometimes, I think you people need to make yourself look stupid, or what do I know. Maybe it´s permanent stage.

• Confused 1

On 5/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, Ben Zioner said:

For me the pervert is the one who gets turned on by a 40 years old woman. Sex is for reproduction, one shouldn't be attracted by the infertile. Man, old woman, underage, dog, etc..

So, you only have sex to reproduce. That must be terrible for you Ben. Either you have a lot and children in every corner you look, or you just have to stay away from such activities, right?

You are just another poster here with a whole load of BS. Many of us have sex just for pleasure. I know it might seem far fetched for you Ben, but that´s the raw reality. You should try it sometime.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2024 at 6:35 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Now, tell us, which one would you prefer?

brigitte-bardot-1950s-now-v0-g5t4nwut43w

Why does it have to be very young, or very old? You guys not have anything between that?

• Confused 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:18 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

BS

Young girls are (relatively) innocent - that's part of the attraction.

Maybe they want an expensive phone or something like that, but they are a lot less likely to have a masterplan how to get all his money compared to older Thai women and also western women.

Life with a cute innocent girl can be wonderful. 

Obviously, you should not make any stupid decision - just like with any life- or business-partner.

Well, correct me if I am wrong but the innocent little lily of young beauty normally has plenty of relatives sharing advice. Specially the lady of the house, all the aunties and uncles, are more than helpful in opening new avenues to shortcut the path to the next splurge of cash.

It is also quite rare in the land of the semi-divine, that an 18-years old girl of virgin Thai roots starts dating a seasoned middle aged man from faraway lands ....... but, as said, I could be wrong. Never saw anything the like and have lived here for four decades. Even within the same culture and zero barriers on the language front a relation between 18 and 40 is a tremendous challenge. Throw in linguistic burdens, cultural issues and the difference in social structures of (extended) families and Bob's your uncle. 

Wishing the happy couple the best of luck though - exceptions are always an integrated part of the rules 😉 

this thread is creepy as fok. In all my adulthood I have never even come close to sex with a minor nor needed to worry about the specifics you all seem to give so much thought

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, n00dle said:

this thread is creepy as fok. In all my adulthood I have never even come close to sex with a minor nor needed to worry about the specifics you all seem to give so much thought

Did someone say they were going to have sex with a minor?

• Like 1