Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Do you have anything actually saying they're a minor?  Or that a 40 year old would face any sort of charges for sleeping with an 18 year old?

What you have posted is about specifically parental control, so doesn't quite make the point you want it to.

It seems like everything being discussed previously mentions being under 18.

So reading comprehension isn't you strong point.  What I posted stated 20, try reading t again, slower.   The fonts are large enough, so you don't even need glasses, and even highlighted the second time.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Sometimes it seems like the right kind of partner in Thailand is either a girl who is beautiful enough or a guy who is rich enough.  😆

But who knows?  Don't give up hope.

Ed found somebody.

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So reading comprehension isn't you strong point.  What I posted stated 20, try reading t again, slower.   The fonts are large enough, so you don't even need glasses, and even highlighted the second time.

As I said, it only says that Thai parents are in charge of their offspring until they are 20.  It doesn't state that they are minors or that anyone 18 (or 20 🙄) or older will get in trouble for having sex with them, while it does for 15-17.

It seems like you are the one who needs glasses. 

You are so desperate for men to be with minors, you even want to change the age of a minor when the conversation is about an 18 year old, and you don't even care if what you are saying is true.

If you can show some evidence of the above, please do.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Ed found somebody.

Aww.  I remember Ed.  He got so much flak just for asking Rose about her sexual history, while Rose was treated like the literal reincarnation of the female Jesus because she is  young and pretty woman.

I hope he does find happiness.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

As I said, it only says that Thai parents are in charge of their offspring until they are 20.  It doesn't state that they are minors or that anyone 18 (or 20 🙄) or older will get in trouble for having sex with them, while it does for 15-17.

It seems like you are the one who needs glasses. 

You are so desperate for men to be with minors, you even want to change the age of a minor when the conversation is about an 18 year old, and you don't even care if what you are saying is true.

If you can show some evidence of the above, please do.

image.png.517576fe5ea9c7a915e61b38663a8ec5.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2024 at 2:39 PM, JimTripper said:

Happy silent meals? These age gap couples never really look "happy" to me. More like they are barely tolerating each others presence.

Given the divorce rate in western countries is apparently 50%, age gap couples are not the only ones barely tolerating each others presence.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the divorce rate in western countries is apparently 50%, age gap couples are not the only ones barely tolerating each others presence.

It's just weird in Thailand because if they are not talking or interacting I can't tell if it's a guy and his daughter.

35 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's just weird in Thailand because if they are not talking or interacting I can't tell if it's a guy and his daughter.

Daughter and myself use to walk around the malls, or where ever.  Past her puberty age, and say up until 18ish, and she liked holding my hand or arm at the time, as parents or even non sexual friends do.

Man, the stares I used to get from some folks, especially farangs women in particular, on the rare occasion seeing us.   More so at food courts in Krung Thep, since more tourist in one spot, and you can tell immediately what they're thinking.

Some how it just didn't dawn on some that she was my daughter.   Says more about their moral mental state, if that's the first thing crossing their mind.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Daughter and myself use to walk around the malls, or where ever.  Past her puberty age, and say up until 18ish, and she liked holding my hand or arm at the time, as parents or even non sexual friends do.

Man, the stares I used to get from some folks, especially farangs women in particular, on the rare occasion seeing us.   More so at food courts in Krung Thep, since more tourist in one spot, and you can tell immediately what they're thinking.

Some how it just didn't dawn on some that she was my daughter.   Says more about their moral mental state, if that's the first thing crossing their mind.

I had a weird encounter on the Big C escaltors recently. I could tell it was a guy and his daughter, but they were thinking that I thought they were a couple because they gave me a weird look. It's uncomfortable both ways, especially in Pattaya.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2024 at 6:21 PM, KhunLA said:

image.png.517576fe5ea9c7a915e61b38663a8ec5.png

That's very cute, but what age can a Thai person legally have sex?  If it's 18, then they either aren't a minor, or the label "minor" really has nothing to do with a conversation about age of consent.

I realise that you don't like the idea of an older guy being with an 18 year old girl, but all this semantic gymnastics you're trying to do to bend the reality is pretty moot.

You obviously want someone in Thailand having sex with an 18 year old to be "sex with a minor", because of what that suggests is happening, but that isn't the case in Thailand, so it add little to the conversation.

An adult can have sex with an 18 year old.  It's as simple as that.  Nobody is "abusing a minor" if they're over 18.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1