Holocaust Memorial Confronting the Present: Biden's Call to End Antisemitism

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Being Jewish may not be only a religion, but it certainly doesn't mean being Israeli. It certainly doesn't mean that a Jewish person has some inherent connection to Israel. They are free to choose or reject such a connection. Criticisms of Zionism are not inherently anti-semitic. After all, there are far more evangelical Christians who are strong believers in Zionism. 

Being Jewish IS not only a religion.

The rest of your post irrelevant to my point so I will ignore.

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Being against a political state's right to exist is not the same thing as being against the right to exist of people living in that state. Personally, I don't think it's realistic to expect a one state solution. Israel certainly has a right to defend itself against murderous fanatics like those in Hamas. Do you believe that those who oppose not Israel's right to defend itself, but rather oppose the way Israel is waging it's war, are anti-Semitic? 

What a game player you are.

Did I ever say such a thing?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Being Jewish IS not only a religion.

The rest of your post irrelevant to my point so I will ignore.

So, we can agree that being Jewish has no necessary attachment to the State of Israel? That the two shouldn't be conflated? That criticism of Israel and Zionism is not necessarily anti-Semitic?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:38 PM, BangkokReady said:

I think he means in terms of people being allowed to criticise the Israeli genocide of Palestinians in Gaza without being called antisemitic.

They are usually anti Semites though, they hate Israel and Jews and want a Hamas victory over Israel/Jews in the Gaza war and they make false claims of genocide to help Hamas win the war .

They don't care about any genocide , they just want Israel to be defeated 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are usually anti Semites though, they hate Israel and Jews and want a Hamas victory over Israel/Jews in the Gaza war and they make false claims of genocide to help Hamas win the war .

Another mindreader.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Another mindreader.

Stands to reason .

Why aren't they concerned about REAL genocide , why aren't they concerned about REAL starvation , why aren't they concerned about REAL oppression ?

Why do they just focus on Israel making false claims about genocide, but are not concerned about REAL genocide ?

(BTW , if you put that question into Google and then post the first link that appears , I am not going to open it, so don't bother to do it )

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

People should be allowed to criticise the genocide of Palestinians by the Israeli military without being labelled as antisemitic.  That is my point.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

People should be allowed to criticise the genocide of Palestinians by the Israeli military without being labelled as antisemitic.  That is my point.

But there is no genocide though , they just make that false claim because they oppose Israel because they are Jews

• Like 1

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

So, we can agree that being Jewish has no necessary attachment to the State of Israel? That the two shouldn't be conflated? That criticism of Israel and Zionism is not necessarily anti-Semitic?

They conflate them when they feel like it. 

They have va persecution complex which is rather ironic. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They conflate them when they feel like it. 

They have va persecution complex which is rather ironic. 

At least a persecution complex would be sincere. This is just a transparent attempt to inject emotion into the issue.

That said, there are many claiming to be only anti-Zionist, including you, who have occasionally slipped up and revealed their anti-Semitism.  I can still recall when you judged some thaivisa member to be Jewish solely because of their vehement support of Israel.

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Yes, there is.

People hell bent on committing genocide usually do not allow food aid to be delivered to the people they want to kill. Nor do they encourage them to leave areas where fighting and violence will occur.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

At least a persecution complex would be sincere. This is just a transparent attempt to inject emotion into the issue.

That said, there are many claiming to be only anti-Zionist, including you, who have occasionally slipped up and revealed their anti-Semitism.  I can still recall when you judged some thaivisa member to be Jewish solely because of their vehement support of Israel.

Slipped up? 

Please quote anything that I've written that's antisemitic. 

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

People hell bent on committing genocide usually do not allow food aid to be delivered to the people they want to kill. Nor do they encourage them to leave areas where fighting and violence will occur.

Is this some sick joke? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:03 PM, johng said:

On This day of remembrance do they also remember the gypsies,gays,blacks,disabled and Russians who where also "victims" ??

Nope. Only the chosen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is this some sick joke? 

No, it is an observation. One that you apparently cannot respond to.  So, do you have an explanation?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1