Judge Denies Trump's Mistrial Request Over Stormy Daniels Testimony

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden is nowhere near the court.

The same cannot be said of Trump, though he did spend a lot of other people’s money to try to avoid being required to be present.

Even the dumbest voters know the difference between being compelled to be there, and choosing to be there.

That's the problem with Team Biden (and the Dem Elite in general).  They think American voters are idiots, and can't be trusted with important decisions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

De Niro is just a silly old man trying to stay relevant. 

He 's just someone voicing an opinion, albeit with a large following. I don't care about his opinion, nor do I care about other celebrities political opinions.

Edited by stevenl
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He 's just someone voicing an opinion, albeit with a large following. I don't care about his opinion, nor do I care about other celebrities political opinions.

“He doesn’t belong in my city,” De Niro, a native New Yorker, said of Trump during a press conference hosted by President Joe Biden’s reelection campaign outside Manhattan Supreme Court.

“We New Yorkers used to tolerate him when he was just another grubby real estate hustler masquerading as a big shot. A two-bit playboy lying his way into the tabloids, pretending to be a spokesman — a spokesperson for himself,” De Niro said.

The “Taxi Driver” and “The Godfather Part II” movie star described Trump as a threat to the United States, and said that Trump fomented violence and destruction during the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6, 2021, by a mob of his supporters.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/28/robert-de-niro-slams-trump-outside-criminal-trial.html

DeNiro speaks as a native New  Yorker -- for myself as living in NYC mid-1970's when Donald Trump became "The Donald" not much to argue with there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

“He doesn’t belong in my city,” De Niro, a native New Yorker, said of Trump during a press conference hosted by President Joe Biden’s reelection campaign outside Manhattan Supreme Court.

“We New Yorkers used to tolerate him when he was just another grubby real estate hustler masquerading as a big shot. A two-bit playboy lying his way into the tabloids, pretending to be a spokesman — a spokesperson for himself,” De Niro said.

The “Taxi Driver” and “The Godfather Part II” movie star described Trump as a threat to the United States, and said that Trump fomented violence and destruction during the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6, 2021, by a mob of his supporters.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/28/robert-de-niro-slams-trump-outside-criminal-trial.html

DeNiro speaks as a native New  Yorker -- for myself as living in NYC mid-1970's when Donald Trump became "The Donald" not much to argue with there.

If he is convicted to Rikers he'll stay in De Niro's city longer than planned.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If he is convicted to Rikers he'll stay in De Niro's city longer than planned.

Even if convicted, Rikers is no certainty.

Merchan, however, would not be required to issue any prison time. He would have wide discretion to choose a lighter punishment, such as probation or a term of “conditional discharge.” A probation sentence would require Trump to check in regularly with a probation officer and abide by other rules. Conditional discharge would allow Trump to remain free without probation supervision, as long as he stayed out of trouble

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/28/trump-merchan-sentencing-prison-00151613

7 hours ago, impulse said:

That's a "deplorables" moment.  Holding a campaign rally outside the court proves to million of voters that it's a political prosecution.

Edit:  I align myself more with Dennis Quaid than with De Niro when it comes to Trump:

“He may be an a-hole, but he’s my a-hole!”

He sounds like a sane person, unlike De Niro who sounds like he's got a bad case of TDS.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/28/dennis-quaid-donald-trump-piers-morgan-uncensored-vote-<deleted>-politics/

You full of crap I won't even try. Are you too admitting to like the ah? What low standards makes me puke. If convicted he and his lawyers deserve jail.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

When it all blows up, Team Biden will distance themselves from DeNiro, claiming he acted on his own.  Then subpoenaed correspondence will show they coordinated his appearance.  But the election will be over by then.

Credit where it's due...  At least they learned that lesson from Hillary.  Send in a proxy to commit your "deplorables" disaster, so you can throw him under the bus instead of your candidate taking responsibility.

Your reacting like Trump is going to jail and you want Bubba to look after him I'm guessing.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, impulse said:

And Hillary was free to call half the US voters deplorable.  Look what that genius statement got her.

Holding a political rally in front of the courthouse while claiming the trial isn't political.  Not a good look.  Even Karl Rove says it was stoopid.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/robert-de-niros-over-top-tirade-stupid-mistake-biden-campaign-karl-rove

Karl Rove is not at all relevent! Clinton lost for not working the Blue Wall. Not because she accurately called you MAGA cowards and deplorable as well.

This verdict seems like you kinda losing it too. And he has not been found guilty yet, even

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It was a sharp about-face for Biden’s team, which had largely ignored the trial since it began six weeks ago and is now looking to capitalize on its drama-filled closing moments, sending the “Goodfellas” actor and the first responders who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Biden’s campaign had been wary about feeding into Trump’s argument that his criminal trials were the result of politically motivated prosecutions, but ultimately it decided to engage because its message about the stakes of the election was struggling to break through the intense focus on the trial.

“We’re not here today because of what’s going on over there,” Biden campaign communication director Michael Tyler told reporters, gesturing toward the courthouse. “We’re here today because you all are here.”

https://apnews.com/article/trump-de-niro-biden-insurrection-hush-money-78a33c5083a243e18f9fbd63ce9e8ddd

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

It was a sharp about-face for Biden’s team, which had largely ignored the trial since it began six weeks ago and is now looking to capitalize on its drama-filled closing moments, sending the “Goodfellas” actor and the first responders who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Biden’s campaign had been wary about feeding into Trump’s argument that his criminal trials were the result of politically motivated prosecutions, but ultimately it decided to engage because its message about the stakes of the election was struggling to break through the intense focus on the trial.

“We’re not here today because of what’s going on over there,” Biden campaign communication director Michael Tyler told reporters, gesturing toward the courthouse. “We’re here today because you all are here.”

https://apnews.com/article/trump-de-niro-biden-insurrection-hush-money-78a33c5083a243e18f9fbd63ce9e8ddd

Normally you have avoided personal opinion pieces. Why now do you feel that need? 

Did you read:

A top Biden adviser said they weren’t there to talk about the trial — and De Niro and the officers didn’t reference the sordid criminal case directly — rather to exploit the large media focus on the legal proceedings. 

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Normally you have avoided personal opinion pieces. Why now do you feel that need? 

Did you read:

A top Biden adviser said they weren’t there to talk about the trial — and De Niro and the officers didn’t reference the sordid criminal case directly — rather to exploit the large media focus on the legal proceedings. 

Sure but AN fair use policy is 3 sentences 

3 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:
7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Show me

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

Forum Rules - Thailand News, Travel & Forum - ASEAN NOW

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You will not use ASEAN NOW to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Topics or posts deemed to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or which deliberately distort information will be removed.

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

Forum Rules - Thailand News, Travel & Forum - ASEAN NOW

Are you saying you are not in compliance?

Just now, earlinclaifornia said:

Are you saying you are not in compliance?

I will say that I posted 3 sentences verbatim from an article on the Associated Press website with zero editorial comment from me.

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

I will say that I posted 3 sentences verbatim from an article on the Associated Press website with zero editorial comment from me.

My mistake, ibad for not noticing. Sorry

Your helpfull posings are a jewel too.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Even the dumbest voters know the difference between being compelled to be there, and choosing to be there.

That's the problem with Team Biden (and the Dem Elite in general).  They think American voters are idiots, and can't be trusted with important decisions.

Like 12 citizens can’t be trusted with coming to a verdict based solely upon the evidence and testimony presented in court?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1