Thai Airways Introduces Enhanced Mobile App Upgrade

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Travel Daily Media

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited has rolled out an updated version of its mobile app, tailored to Royal Orchid Plus (ROP) members.

The revamped app enables travellers to conveniently manage their ROP accounts, book seats, check-in, receive flight notifications, and store boarding passes on their smartphones.

Additionally, users can access special promotions for services like accommodation and rental cars directly through the app. The enhanced features aim to offer passengers greater flexibility and control over their travel arrangements.

The upgraded Thai Airways app is now downloadable from the App Store and Play Store. Moreover, new ROP members can earn 500 miles by registering on the app between May 30 to June 2.

In a separate development, Thai Airways faced backlash when a business-class passenger, Treerat Sirichantaropas, criticized the airline on social media for inadequate service on a flight to Beijing. Despite purchasing premium tickets, malfunctioning seats led to dissatisfaction.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Upgrading only their apps is so superficial. It's like putting on a new exterior without doing a serious revamp and remodel with all the hardware including their airplanes.....

It is not possible to do a  flight change on business class (or any other class it seems) on their website 

until you call and talk to an operator, hope this new App has fixed the problem...

Downloaded the app out of curiosity and to compare fees.

Thai Air - Bangkok to Chiang Mai round-trip = 4500 Baht

AirAsia or Lion Air round trip = 2,000 Baht

Most of the people who choose to use Thai Air are older nationalistic Thais who have a misguided patriotic loyalty to their flag carrier. More fool them.

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Lipstick on a pig.

Yeah - if recent reports are accurate, I'd have thought channelling resources towards fixing seats might be more useful!

But what do I know...I'm just another "Thai Airways hater"....but only because I've travelled on them!