UK Teacher's Alleged Laughter Raises Disturbing Questions in Teenage Sex Abuse Trial

image.png

Rebecca Joynes, a 30-year-old teacher, faces six counts of engaging in sexual activity with minors, including two instances while in a position of trust. Shocking revelations emerged in court as it was alleged that Joynes laughed off concerns about age raised by one of the teenage boys she allegedly had sex with.

During the trial at Manchester Crown Court, testimony revealed a chilling exchange between Joynes and a 15-year-old boy, identified only as Boy A. After picking up Boy A from school and taking him to her flat, where they reportedly engaged in sexual activity, Joynes allegedly made a comment about driving. When Boy A mentioned his age-related inability to drive, Joynes purportedly laughed and dismissively responded with, "Oh shut up. Stop saying that."

The prosecution outlined the disturbing details of Joynes's alleged actions, including her encounters with two teenage boys, one of whom she reportedly became pregnant by while on bail for the charges related to Boy A. Testimony from Boy A's police interview revealed that Joynes initiated contact with him by providing most of her phone number, leading to exchanges on Snapchat and eventually to their meeting after school.

According to Boy A's account, Joynes picked him up in her white Audi A1 and drove to her flat after collecting her dog from day care. Despite Boy A's age and appearance, Joynes allegedly engaged in sexual activity with him twice during their encounter. The court heard that Joynes even purchased an expensive Gucci designer belt for Boy A during a visit to the Trafford Centre.

However, the situation escalated when rumors began to circulate, prompting a police investigation and Joynes's subsequent suspension from her school. Despite denying any sexual activity with Boy A and being released on bail with restrictions, it was later revealed that Joynes had a long-term sexual relationship with another teenage boy while suspended, who is also the father of her young daughter.

Throughout the trial, Joynes has maintained her innocence, claiming that sexual activity with the second boy did not begin until he turned 16. However, the case highlights the grave implications of allegations involving the abuse of trust by individuals in positions of authority, especially concerning vulnerable minors. As the trial continues, questions remain about the extent of Joynes's alleged actions and the impact on the victims involved.  

2024-05-11

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

On 5/11/2024 at 3:04 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Had I had an affair with one of my patients I think I'd have been trouble as I'd be accused of using my position to influence her. Even more relevant because of the longer involvement for teachers.

Were it a male teacher and a female student we all know how it would end up, which irks me a lot, as female's that use their position to obtain sex get an easier ride, IMO.

Re the impact on the victims involved, LOL. I expect the lads will be quite chuffed at getting a leg over an older woman

Did you miss the bit where it says that she is standing trial for her alleged crimes?

You imply that this case is an example of misandry despite the fact that there is zero evidence to suggest this while at the same time displaying your usual misogyny.

For good measure, you top it off with a bit of "nudge, nudge, get in there my son". Nice going.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

She's female so expect a light sentence. The lads probably enjoyed it, right?

Had she ticked more DEI boxes (racial/religious minority or alphabet people) she would have walked, in the unlikely event it even got this far.

Unfortunately she is guilty of being white and thus far she has only served 30 years of her crime.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that whatever is the verdict, you'll take umbrage with it. 

If the person is acquitted or receives a "light" sentence it will be because of her gender. If she receives a long sentence it will be because she is white.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Wow, times have really changed. It never happened to me when I went to school, unfortunately 🙏

In this case - lucky you. I'd be a bit more particular, personally.

As my ex-wife once said to me when I was chatting to some girl at a party, "Any port in a storm, eh"?

(Better than a shipwreck, I thought).

That's when the fight started. We divorced soon after!

Mind you, this woman wouldn't look so unattractive with a carrot-shaped object stuck between her teeth, I suppose ......

Hey Ho - that's life. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/12/2024 at 12:52 PM, JonnyF said:

Although men are generally more likely to receive longer sentences and more likely to receive a custodial sentence, women are less likely to be sentenced but (slightly) more likely to be imprisoned for sexual offences against a child

image.png.dce561e14ca9bd4ca35708336e2063cd.png

Source

• Thanks 2

On 5/12/2024 at 12:52 PM, JonnyF said:

Had she ticked more DEI boxes (racial/religious minority or alphabet people) she would have walked, in the unlikely event it even got this far.

Unfortunately she is guilty of being white and thus far she has only served 30 years of her crime.

And the F in JonnyF stands for what? Fxckwit?

13 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Bit of a dog - even by my standards.

Are you claiming that if you were a 16 year old boy you'd turn her down?

She may not be DDG but who gets to bonk one of those, that isn't famous or has lots of money?