Poll: Do you feel sympathetic to Putin? Did he really have no choice?

Poll  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I literally just posted the dates and places of the invasions and direct interventions by Putin.  If something is not correct, the way to argue against it is to show it's incorrect, not run and hide.

Insults?  There were none.  You clearly ARE an ignoramus on the subject and your reply confirmed that -- you were apparently unaware of all the other invasions of which Russia's "SMO" 🤣  is just the latest in the pattern.  If I argue with you about something I know nothing about but you are well-versed, I wouldn't cry if you said I was an ignoramus on the subject.  I'd shut up and slink away... which in retrospect is I guess what you did in your last post.

Nah. I never argue with a fool in case I sink down to his level.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Nah. I never argue with a fool in case I sink down to his level.

I should add that there are some (not you) that are lower than fools. Those, I ignore altogether.

3 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

You reached that nadir many moons ago and all you have left is petty insults. Look in the mirror before you band words like "fools" about. 

Wow, I never heard of this word, nadir, before. As I’ve said before, English is not my mother tongue so there are many words in the English language that I’m not familiar with. Thanks for helping me to enrich my vocabulary. 

I wasn’t referring to you in my earlier post of course, but that doesn’t mean I don’t consider some of your posts as the nadir of intelligent discussion (is that a correct usage? I’m still learning).

On 5/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, Gweiloman said:

It shouldn’t be forced on Ukraine. It would simply have been the best way forward, unless you think Ukraine is better today and tomorrow than it was before the SMO?

Putin did not allow that solution, where Ukraine would join the EU and remain a neutral country. Ukraine was forbidden by Putin to join the EU. He was keeping Crimea anyway too and would not have stopped the conflict with LPR/DPR.

Someone like Putin cannot allow Ukraine, with which over 50% of City-Russians have family ties with, to become free and prosperous on his doorstep. Russians would then see and learn and oust Putin in no time. That's the reason why Ukraine had to remain under Russian rule.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, tgw said:

Putin did not allow that solution, where Ukraine would join the EU and remain a neutral country. Ukraine was forbidden by Putin to join the EU. He was keeping Crimea anyway too and would not have stopped the conflict with LPR/DPR.

Someone like Putin cannot allow Ukraine, with which over 50% of City-Russians have family ties with, to become free and prosperous on his doorstep. Russians would then see and learn and oust Putin in no time. That's the reason why Ukraine had to remain under Russian rule.

And it's part of the historical paranoia and insistence that others unwillingly die on Russia's behalf.  Paranoia, because Russians ALWAYS think that everyone is out to destroy them ALL THE TIME, and insistence that others die for them -- well, that's one of the functions of the vassal states they create.  And Putin has always been very clear on this -- not allowing NATO on his borders.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, tgw said:

Did you just make that up?

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday he had no objections to Ukraine joining the European Union following the European Commission's historic decision to back Kyiv's bid to become a member.

"We have nothing against it. It is not a military bloc. It's the right of any country to join economic unions," Putin said on Friday when asked about the prospects of Ukraine joining the EU.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/18/uk-ukraine-crisis-eu-russia

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Don't confuse intellect with the word ignoramus, you are no intellect! 

I can take your petty insults all day, it's sad that you have lost the argument and now we are reduced to insults! 

I think you will find that I only retaliate as opposed to slinging the first insult. Not that it matters, this is just an anonymous internet forum with keyboard warriors that have nothing better to do all day. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And yet, here you are arguing, though with someone who has proved you wrong every single time.  So the very definition of fool is... you.

Wow, what a beating you take in this forum.  All for your fact-free defense of a murderous dictator.

Oh, I’m so bruised and battered… :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

a blatant lie of course. cheap propaganda talk in 2022...

Putin's real position on the matter was reflected in Yanukovych's policies and the votes of Putin's puppet parties and Medvedchuk.

how can you have any respect for yourself parroting the Kremlin's propaganda and lying here ?

Talk about being blinkered..

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:44 PM, JoseThailand said:

Basically they repeat the Russian propaganda

So the west hasn't practiced it's own version of propaganda? I my opinion if Citizens in the west really knew what was going on they would not support their Governments actions.

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ChicagoExpat said:

If you had said instead "Humiliated, discredited, and universally disrespected" you'd have been correct for the first time in this thread.

Humiliated, discredited and disrespected by a bunch of old geeks living in Thailand on the cheap with their soi 6 giks… whatever shall I do? :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I think you will find that I only retaliate as opposed to slinging the first insult. Not that it matters, this is just an anonymous internet forum with keyboard warriors that have nothing better to do all day. 

Rejecting your fantasy fabricated stories is not an insult! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

another hollow destabilizing statement parroting the Kremlin's playbook. Best regards to Olgino, the original "Web Brigade".

pro Trump, pro Ruzzia I suppose.

Yes, It's only one side who parrots a playbook. How sad!

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

this is just an anonymous internet forum with keyboard warriors that have nothing better to do all day. 

Well said that "man"   those complaining about,demanding explanations and slinging accusations  of "stalking" for getting confused or sad emoji's should also take note...its just an anonymous internet forum !!!  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1