Hot Dogs

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those of us without a home would have a problem doing that.

What are you doing, living in your car ? 

Don't even need a frig, I don't think, they are pickled, and if using a smaller jar, store bought pickle jar, take up no more space than 1 or 2 of those (2 in rotation if eating as much as I do.  Don't need to make 2 big jars like we have.

Do you not have a kitchen in you 'place' ?

Just now, KhunLA said:

Don't even need a frig, I don't think, they are pickled, and if using a smaller jar, store bought pickle jar, take up no more space than 1 or 2 of those (2 in rotation if eating as much as I do.  Don't need to make 2 big jars like we have.

Do you pickle eggs too? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you pickle eggs too? 

Nah, and don't think I've ever had.  Sounds a bit weird.   Just onions, cabbage (sauerkraut) and cucumbers.  Buy some others, like ginger, and cabbage I think, non sauerkraut flavored, and one was sweeter.  Took a while to finish those, and can't see buying again, except for the ginger. 

Wife does her own kimchi, though I'm not a fan, as makes too much, then gets really strong after a while.  Good for soup, as you can water it down.   Actually put it on hotdogs, when not too strong, and works quite well.

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Nah, and don't think I've ever had.  Sounds a bit weird.   Just onions, cabbage (sauerkraut) and cucumbers.  Buy some others, like ginger, and cabbage I think, non sauerkraut flavored, and one was sweeter.  Took a while to finish those, and can't see buying again, except for the ginger. 

Wife does her own kimchi, though I'm not a fan, as makes too much, then gets really strong after a while.  Good for soup, as you can water it down.   Actually put it on hotdogs, when not too strong, and works quite well.

I love them. Most every tavern in the southern US used to have a gallon jar of "Twenty-five cent chicken dinners" on the bar. 

Normal dill spices, hard-boiled eggs, onions, garlic, peppers and whatnot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2024 at 8:59 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

Can you see your abs? 

If not then you are too fat.  

On 5/13/2024 at 10:34 AM, KhunLA said:

Partially, yes, but I have no desire to be as lean as you are implying, the washboard look.   I can look straight down and see my penis, since having a flat stomach.   I carry about 5 extra lbs, as I stated earlier, (miss that did you) and guess most is on the midsection, as legs and upper body (chest, shoulders & arm) have little to no extra.

Wouldn't want to be totally lean with no extra at all, as I don't think that is healthy.  Especially if I was to get sick, as body might need a bit extra for energy, that might not be consumed.

I'm not even close to fat, and used to chuckle when people asked where I worked out in my younger days, when not wearing so many clothes.   Use to tell them at the '9 to 5' gym.   When you stack steel cylinders all night (3rd shift), weighing 75-150 lbs, that equates to lifting weights all day at the gym, then hard not to look in good shape.

Or if you load 400 duffle bags on a charter military flight, weighing 50-100 lbs, yea, that keeps you in shape.  Cycling 50 kms a day and you really don't need to go to the gym to work your legs.

Do back exercises and stomach crunches to keep muscles in shape for back support, not for vanity.

To ask if I can see my abs is typical of the stupidity on this forum, that turns me off posting anything any more.   Apparently idiots don't have any reading comprehension.

'all things in moderation' ... guess you missed that part.   I could simply have replied, 'yes, can you ?', but it's a forum full to strangers, liars & trolls, who need to get a life ... nuff said

BYE BYE

Abs ... don't think I ever had the washboard looks.   Going thru old photos, and found 2, my almost leanest, though think I was 30 something, but looks about the same as when out of boot camp @ 21 yrs old, I think.  75 kgs

Then 2nd photo, my heaviest @ 100 kgs.   Being a 46/48 jacket size, I carry any extra fairly will.   Surprising since only 175cm tall.

Back down at 75 kgs, but don't look the same :cheesy:  Got a little visceral fat / love handles going on.  Small but there.  Can still look down and see my 'buddy' without bend over.   CT Scan showed no fatty liver, so all good there.

Wee bit of muscle atrophy on my upper body/arms now.  Use or lose it.  Should start some weight lifting for upper body.   Maybe next week ... :cheesy:

image.png.d9051ea9c5cd3fe8867aafce13cf15e0.png

Our first pool ... :coffee1:

image.png.0b31bff76c4827c0059b1289cc61e942.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 6:38 PM, KhunLA said:

Almost. Rental prices are out of control in NZ. People are living in cars, garages, etc. Even a ratty old caravan costs large now. Hundreds of families living in motels, subsidised by the government. There is a shortfall of thousands of houses since they brought in loads of immigrants.

I had a lovely large hotel room with ensuite in Chiang Mai for less than I pay here, and I think I'm lucky to even have it. If I lose this I will be living in my car. Pension doesn't come close to paying for renting a decent place and eating as well.

I don't even have space for a table. The computer is on my bed.

On 5/12/2024 at 1:37 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Fox   FTFY     Your diet seems to conclude you yourself are a very large walking hot dog.....you should be very proud of your choices....should your epitaph say "I Owned the Libs"?....by all means eat more!!!!...make yourself a MSG smoothie and gloat

Interesting info about MSG:

It might contradict what Karen at Whole Foods told you.

(the "TrustedSource" references are weird, but the links take you to the source material, if interested)

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/msg-good-or-bad

"Why do people think it’s harmful?

MSG got its bad reputation in the 1960s when Chinese-American doctor Robert Ho Man Kwok wrote a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine explaining that he got sick after consuming Chinese food.

He wrote that he believed his symptoms could have resulted from consuming either alcohol, sodium, or MSG. This sparked a host of misinformation about MSG, which was likely related to then-present biases against Chinese immigrants and their cuisine (9Trusted Source).

The letter led to the designation of Kwok’s symptoms as the “Chinese restaurant syndrome,” which later became the “MSG symptom complex” (MSC) (1Trusted Source).

Later on, numerous studies backed MSG’s bad reputation, stating that the additive was highly toxic (1Trusted Source).

However, current evidence questions the accuracy of previous research for several reasons, including (1Trusted Source😞

• a lack of adequate control groups
  • small sample sizes
  • methodological flaws
  • a lack of dosage accuracy
  • the use of extremely high doses that far exceed those consumed in typical diets
  • the administration of MSG via routes with little to no relevance to oral dietary intakes, such as injections

Today, health authorities like the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the European Food Safety Association (EFSA) consider MSG to be generally recognized as safe (GRAS) (1Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source)."

Edited by cdemundo

46 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Interesting info about MSG:

It might contradict what Karen at Whole Foods told you.

(the "TrustedSource" references are weird, but the links take you to the source material, if interested)

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/msg-good-or-bad

"Why do people think it’s harmful?

MSG got its bad reputation in the 1960s when Chinese-American doctor Robert Ho Man Kwok wrote a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine explaining that he got sick after consuming Chinese food.

He wrote that he believed his symptoms could have resulted from consuming either alcohol, sodium, or MSG. This sparked a host of misinformation about MSG, which was likely related to then-present biases against Chinese immigrants and their cuisine (9Trusted Source).

The letter led to the designation of Kwok’s symptoms as the “Chinese restaurant syndrome,” which later became the “MSG symptom complex” (MSC) (1Trusted Source).

Later on, numerous studies backed MSG’s bad reputation, stating that the additive was highly toxic (1Trusted Source).

However, current evidence questions the accuracy of previous research for several reasons, including (1Trusted Source😞

• a lack of adequate control groups
  • small sample sizes
  • methodological flaws
  • a lack of dosage accuracy
  • the use of extremely high doses that far exceed those consumed in typical diets
  • the administration of MSG via routes with little to no relevance to oral dietary intakes, such as injections

Today, health authorities like the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the European Food Safety Association (EFSA) consider MSG to be generally recognized as safe (GRAS) (1Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source)."

Definitely an undeserved bad rep.   Most people don't realize how many foods contain MSG naturally.  Also if you don't ingest enough, you body will simply makes it's own.

I add MSG to foods that don't have it, as it's a good flavor enhancer.  Mostly add to proteins / meats (beef & pork).   Since cooking with some of the sauces and eating many of the foods on the list below, really only add it to some meats.

Foods containing MSG ... link.  

Edited by KhunLA