UN Cuts Death of Women and Children in Gaza by Half

Just now, vinny41 said:

Some relief groups hire armed guards, aid officials said, often plain-clothed men who brandish guns or large sticks to beat back hungry Palestinians trying to snatch supplies.

The World Central Kitchen sometimes uses armed guards, the employee said, though it was not clear if they had been employed for the April 1 convoy.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/drone-sights-and-gunmen-on-trucks-how-a-gaza-aid-convoy-turned-into-a-tragedy/

Its more than likely that these food storage centres would be ransacked without armed guards

The link above has nothing to do with the incident a few days ago, its just you speculating. Armed guards shooting at civilians eh......yea right

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

The link above has nothing to do with the incident a few days ago, its just you speculating. Armed guards shooting at civilians eh......yea right

The link refers to the world kitchen attack and it was times of Israel that was reporting that Some relief groups hire armed guards and The World Central Kitchen sometimes uses armed guards,

How do you think aid agencies protect their food warehouses without armed guards to prevent looting 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

The link refers to the world kitchen attack and it was times of Israel that was reporting that Some relief groups hire armed guards and The World Central Kitchen sometimes uses armed guards,

How do you think aid agencies protect their food warehouses without armed guards to prevent looting 

Yes I know, it was in the topic when it happened. The world kitchen staff were not armed either. 

This was in Rafah, an area still controlled by Hamas.

On 5/14/2024 at 3:35 AM, Social Media said:

The United Nations made a significant adjustment downwards around 50% to the casualty figures for the ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip,

*Great news to hear that there hasn't been so many deaths and not as many people died as first thought* , says no Palestinian  supporter .

They all seem to want there to be more deaths  . 

They don't care about Palestinian lives , the more dead the better for their cause , just like Hamas thinks

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

*Great news to hear that there hasn't been so many deaths and not as many people died as first thought* , says no Palestinian  supporter .

They all seem to want there to be more deaths  . 

They don't care about Palestinian lives , the more dead the better for their cause , just like Hamas thinks

You do need to keep up with the news

13 May 2024

Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General

The following is a near-verbatim transcript of today’s noon briefing by Farhan Haq, Deputy Spokesman for the Secretary-General.

Deputy Spokesman:  It’s not quite the case.  No.  What I can tell you is this:  The overall number of fatalities that has been tallied by the Ministry of Health in Gaza, which is our counterpart on dealing with the death tolls.  That number remains unchanged.  And it’s at more than 35,000 people since 7 October.  What’s changed is the Ministry of Health in Gaza has updated the breakdown of fatalities for whom full details have been documented.  So, what they recently published was that they gave figures for 24,686 out of 34,622 overall fatalities recorded in Gaza.  And those 24,686 people are the ones for whom full details have been documented

https://press.un.org/en/2024/db240513.doc.htm

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its been widely reported that Hams killed 500 Palestinian  Children when they accidently bombed their own hospital in a misfiring rocket 

Figures are in dispute for this incident. Who do you believe Hamas or the Israelis? Dare I say the Israelis...

Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry said almost 500 were killed. The Israeli military said the number was far lower.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67216929

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Figures are in dispute for this incident. Who do you believe Hamas or the Israelis? Dare I say the Israelis...

Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry said almost 500 were killed. The Israeli military said the number was far lower.

Hamas has been shown to tell lies numerous  times and making false claims and allegations , I would tend to trust what Billy Liar says more than I would trust what Hamas says 
Hamas says 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Started at 800 then down to 50 according to some reports. Who do you believe? Hamas?

Middle eastern media came out with headlines of 800 + murdered by Israeli bombs. Western Media parroted Hamas claims of 500 killed by Israeli bombs. It was eventually evidence found that it was not an Israeli strike at all but a misfire from a Hamas rocket that landed in the carpark. In the end US intelligence put the figure of dead as around 100 - 300 with confidence in the lower end, while their European counterparts put the figure at a maximum of 50 dead.

Even the BBC had to make a public apology. The start of a repeat pattern for them.

Edited by Bkk Brian

24 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You do need to keep up with the news

Kind of proves my point .

Palestinian supporters want there to be many deaths , they would have to drop the word "genocide" from their limited vocabulary 

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Kind of proves my point .

Palestinian supporters want there to be many deaths , they would have to drop the word "genocide" from their limited vocabulary 

Likewise Pro Israel supporters want  the lowest number of civilian deaths 

no-one knows if the Israel numbers on Hamas fighters killed is correct or is it just a made up figure

Israel Gaza: Checking Israel's claim to have killed 10,000 Hamas fighters

BBC Verify has repeatedly asked the IDF for the detail of its methodology for counting Hamas fighter deaths but they have not responded.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68387864

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

no-one knows if the Israel numbers on Hamas fighters killed is correct or is it just a made up figure

Israel Gaza: Checking Israel's claim to have killed 10,000 Hamas fighters

BBC Verify has repeatedly asked the IDF for the detail of its methodology for counting Hamas fighter deaths but they have not responded.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68387864

Hamas themselves admitted the IDF had killed 6000 of its terrorist fighters back in Feb. The figure now from IDF is 14000

31 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

When someone posts something, just say the same thing but just turn it around . Say the same thing, but just change Palestinians to Israelis 

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Started at 800 then down to 50 according to some reports. Who do you believe? Hamas?

Middle eastern media came out with headlines of 800 + murdered by Israeli bombs. Western Media parroted Hamas claims of 500 killed by Israeli bombs. It was eventually evidence found that it was not an Israeli strike at all but a misfire from a Hamas rocket that landed in the carpark. In the end US intelligence put the figure of dead as around 100 - 300 with confidence in the lower end, while their European counterparts put the figure at a maximum of 50 dead.

Even the BBC had to make a public apology. The start of a repeat pattern for them.

Re-read my post, not taking Hamas into account, but Israeli guess estimates

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Re-read my post, not taking Hamas into account, but Israeli guess estimates

Why? All the relevant estimates are contained in the links to my post. Why do I need to re-read your post. I have read it once already and understood it.

I prefer to believe the US and European intelligence estimates.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

The pro Palestinian newspaper The Guardian says that that bombing was most likely to be a misfiring Hamas missile .

That bombing was quite probably a Hamas missile 

The consensus from various independent studies of videos, images, and eyewitness reports of the explosion, its aftermath, and the blast area suggests that an errant rocket launch from within Gaza is the most probable cause. While this is not a conclusive finding, it is currently considered the likeliest explanation based on the evidence gathered in investigations conducted by the Associated Press, CNN, The Economist, The Guardian, and The Wall Street Journal.[7] Human Rights Watch stated that the available evidence made an Israeli airstrike "highly unlikely".

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why? All the relevant estimates are contained in the links to my post. Why do I need to re-read your post. I have read it once already and understood it.

I prefer to believe the US and European intelligence estimates.

You're arguing with yourself

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The pro Palestinian newspaper The Guardian

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

BTW The Board of The Guardian is not pro Hamas, why right wing people persist with this nonsense I do not know. 

I said "pro Palestinian"

You changed that to "Pro Hamas" .

And then went to to state that I am speaking nonsense .

I didn't even say that the Guardian are pro Hamas .

You falsely quoted me and then stated that I am speaking nonsense .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Already been commented upon.

BTW The Board of The Guardian is not pro Hamas, why right wing people persist with this nonsense I do not know. The Guardian has an excellent reputation for news reporting. From time to time their are opinion pieces which may not meet with your approval, but that is called 'free speech', a sacrosanct protected ideology in Western media, though increasingly under threat by right wing ideologues.

So , the Guardian states that the missile that hit the hospital was quite probably a misfiring Hamas rocket ?

The Guardians  politics and my politics are besides the point .

Do you agree that the Guardian are correct on this issue ?

4 minutes ago, johng said:

@Bkk Brian  Who's casualty figures do you believe to be the most accurate

Hamas

Palestinian Health authourity

UN

IDF

Some one else ????

The Palestinian Heath Authority are Hamas and the U.N gets its figures from Hamas .

It isn't three independent groups all giving the same figure  , the U.N are just repeating what Hamas say .

That is the U.N , who are associated with UNRWA who give employment to Hamas members 

8 minutes ago, johng said:

@Bkk Brian  Who's casualty figures do you believe to be the most accurate

Hamas

Palestinian Health authourity

UN

IDF

Some one else ????

Palastinian Health Authority give figures for West Bank not Gaza.

UN do not give figures they repeat them from Hamas and add a disclaimer that they have not been verified. It's here in the topic. 

So that leaves only Hamas and Israel. Mmm let me see.....lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Palastinian Health Authority give figures for West Bank not Gaza.

UN do not give figures they repeat them from Hamas and add a disclaimer that they have not been verified. It's here in the topic. 

So that leaves only Hamas and Israel. Mmm let me see.....lol

Another option

USAID also provided input to the memo. "The killing of nearly 32,000 people, of which the GOI (Government of Israel) itself assesses roughly two-thirds are civilian, may well amount to a violation of the international humanitarian law requirement," USAID officials wrote in the submission.

USAID does not comment on leaked documents, a USAID spokesperson said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/some-us-officials-say-internal-memo-israel-may-be-violating-international-law-2024-04-27/

On 5/15/2024 at 1:06 AM, simple1 said:

have to wait until hostilities are finished this time round and see if independent review is feasible. Personally I still do not believe the figures presented, IMO numbers do not reflect the devastation created by the Israelis and Hamas tactics. Again only my opinion, but  I don't think the Israeli government and military will emerge with their reputation intact due to the conduct of the war, in fact quite the opposite.  Hamas? as proven, no one expects them to abide by the rules of war.

Agree.

Re Hamas, when we are told incessantly that they are terrorists, why would they abide by any "rules"?

When israel doesn't abide by the "rules" why are they not designated a terrorist organisation?

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason we don’t have accurate counts is because all of the babies and women buried under rubble. 

It’s not that hard to figure out what’s going on here. Aid trucks meant to be sent so woman and children can have food are destroyed while the idf watches. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree.

Re Hamas, when we are told incessantly that they are terrorists, why would they abide by any "rules"?

When israel doesn't abide by the "rules" why are they not designated a terrorist organisation?

Says AN's #1 Hamas apologist

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Another option

USAID also provided input to the memo. "The killing of nearly 32,000 people, of which the GOI (Government of Israel) itself assesses roughly two-thirds are civilian, may well amount to a violation of the international humanitarian law requirement," USAID officials wrote in the submission.

USAID does not comment on leaked documents, a USAID spokesperson said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/some-us-officials-say-internal-memo-israel-may-be-violating-international-law-2024-04-27/

Another option for what? The figures still come from Hamas

18 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas themselves admitted the IDF had killed 6000 of its terrorist fighters back in Feb. The figure now from IDF is 14000

You left out a crucial qualification, didn't you?

Meanwhile, a Hamas official based in Qatar told Reuters that the terror group estimated it had lost 6,000 fighters during the four-month-old conflict, just over half the 10,000 Israel says it has killed.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/soldier-dies-in-gaza-combat-hamas-claims-6000-of-its-fighters-killed-vows-to-fight-on/#:~:text=Meanwhile%2C a Hamas official based,Israel says it has killed.