Thai Widow Slams Government on Lack of Aid after Husband Killed in Hamas Attack

c1_2792359_240514060242_790.jpg

The grief of a Thai widow grew grim this week when she derided her country's government for their inadequate financial aid following her husband's tragic death in the Hamas attack in Israel last October. After a deadly attack claimed the lives of 39 Thai agricultural workers, among others, their families are still grappling not just with their loss, but a dry well of support from the Thai government.

The widow, Narisara Malee, 30, hails from Buriram province in northeast Thailand. Her husband, Tianchai Yotthongdee, 34, was stationed near the southern Israeli border at Kibbutz Alumim. When the dust settled after the October attack, Malee was left to raise two children aged eight and 12 without their father.

Malee surfaced in public this Monday at the Israeli embassy, part of an annual, national Israeli day of mourning called Yom HaZikaron where the 39 Thai workers were remembered. Throwing into stark relief the lack of remedies from her own government, Malee highlighted her burden, revealing she received only 40,000 baht from the Thai government towards funeral costs. Further aid from her native country simply doesn't exist, she noted, admitting with grim acceptance her uncertainty about the financial status of the other bereft Thai families.

"Please do not neglect us", requested Malee, expressing her discontent at the callousness and disconnect demonstrated by her government. Meanwhile, she has benefitted from financial help provided by Israel and her late husband's employers. From Israel, for example, she is assured lifelong compensation, confirmed Orna Sagiv, Israel's Ambassador to Thailand. Sagiv pledged Israel's commitment and ongoing assistance to those thrown into turmoil regardless of ethnicity, painting a stark comparison to the Thai government's perceived disregard.

Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-14

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The grief of a Thai widow grew grim this week when she derided her country's government for their inadequate financial aid

This is enough ChatGPT for me. I don't need to bother to read the rest of the article to guess Issan family government doesn't care. That'll do for me.

Edited by dinsdale

Perhaps some of the HAMAS bleeding heart supporters can pool their funds together and help the lady out.

After all HAMAS, a confirmed terrorist organization funded primarily by Iran and most likely George Soros killed the man.

I would think the amount of sympathy they show HAMAS should be extended to the murder victim.

The American IVY league students will contribute also.  Just ask.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Although I fell extremely sorry for her loss, he was killed in Israel - not Thailand plus it seems she will receive ongoing  compensation by the Israeli government - she should think herself lucky as it's probably a lot more than she would get from  the Thai government had he been killed here. 

But not as much as she'd get from the German govt for being a hollocause survivor

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The widow, Narisara Malee, 30,

Is this a millennial thing? Thinks the world owes her something. 🤔

It is sad but she now has to get on with life. I wonder who is feeding her all the entitlement stuff? 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Further aid from her native country simply doesn't exist, she noted, admitting with grim acceptance her uncertainty about the financial status of the other bereft Thai families.

No life insurance either then?

• Confused 1

Sorry for the womans loss. However  she does seeem to receiving financial aid including support for life. Many Thai widows would swap  the meagre financial support they received for hers. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Had I died there due to terrorist activity, would my family liable for any hand outs from the NZ government?  No way and neither should they. 

Oh come on of course the NZ government would pay benefits based on the husbands earnings.  

14 hours ago, G_Money said:

Perhaps some of the HAMAS bleeding heart supporters can pool their funds together and help the lady out.

After all HAMAS, a confirmed terrorist organization funded primarily by Iran and most likely George Soros killed the man.

I would think the amount of sympathy they show HAMAS should be extended to the murder victim.

The American IVY league students will contribute also.  Just ask.

Do you mean the bat-<deleted> crazy students playing "dress up as Arabs"on all American campuses?

He would have been well aware of where he was going, in range of Hamas rockets but he choose the 80,000 baht per month, I'm not sure insurance companies would have covered him when he told them where he was working, I don't see the Thai government having much sympathy and giving her anything. 

What she ask for is a welfare state. To get that thai people must stop giving vote to those in power now and wote for the only parti that want to change Thailand to a welfare state, but hurry! The elite does all they can to stop parties that represent changes. The world is waiting for you!

Apparently there are still 9 thai hostages somewhere underground in Gaza. Not a peep from the gov about these poor souls.

In fact the thai gov voted in favor of  palestinian representation at the UN, all while this is still going on.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He would have been well aware of where he was going, in range of Hamas rockets but he choose the 80,000 baht per month, I'm not sure insurance companies would have covered him when he told them where he was working, I don't see the Thai government having much sympathy and giving her anything. 

Not so sure about that, lots of Thais are totally unaware of international issues. I recall two distinct occurrences when I was asked by some Thais whether or not it was a good idea to go to Israel for work. Both times I said it was very dangerous and did not think it was a good idea. I recommended applying for berry-picking in Scandinavia. This was long before Oct 7.

Edited by rattlesnake