Thailand Ladyboys - Facts you never knew about Ladyboy Culture in Thailand

The world may be gray in many aspects. But the Katoy are just gay men who like to wear women's clothes. Crossdressers they call them but these are gay also. They think they are women only because they like to act like a girl. But put them in a manly situation and they will act accordingly with or without a D. 

The gay community as well as the sex community label everything and try to make it acceptable to others. 

Thailand though as read in this OP try to be role models to increase their numbers and be accepted more. Thailand is more acceptable to having them seen in public. Allowing them to think they are a woman even more. Giving them rights accordingly and even now trying to make the toilet system separate for them so there is no confusion. This does not make it right or righteous. It only goes to show that there is a place for everyone. Albeit, perhaps unwanted in many places even in Thailand. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

3. **Karmic Beliefs**: The text touches on a cultural belief attributing transgender identity to karmic consequences of actions in past lives. This belief system promotes a perspective of compassion towards kathoeys, integrating them into the moral and ethical framework of Thai society.

what does that mean exactly? what actions in past lives? 

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 10:27 AM, CharlieH said:

An in-depth exploration of the cultural integration and societal perceptions of transgender individuals, commonly referred to as "ladyboys" or "kathoey" in Thailand. Highlighting their historical presence and acceptance within Thai culture, the discussion points out several facets:

1. **Cultural Terminology and Integration**: Transgender people in Thailand are typically addressed as "kathoey," a term that historically referred to intersex people but has since come to encompass a broader range of gender identities. Kathoeys are depicted as well integrated into society, engaging in everyday activities and professions just like other citizens.

2. **High Prevalence**: Thailand reportedly has a high population of transgender individuals compared to other countries. This visibility contributes to a more open public opinion towards diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.

3. **Karmic Beliefs**: The text touches on a cultural belief attributing transgender identity to karmic consequences of actions in past lives. This belief system promotes a perspective of compassion towards kathoeys, integrating them into the moral and ethical framework of Thai society.

4. **Regional Differences in Acceptance**: Acceptance levels of kathoeys vary geographically within Thailand, with urban areas being more accepting and rural areas generally showing tolerance.

5. **Representation and Media**: Beauty pageants like Miss Tiffany Universe, and widespread representation in media and entertainment, reinforce a positive visibility for kathoeys. These platforms also provide them with role models and aspirations.

6. **Employment and Economic Aspects**: Kathoeys often take on jobs in beauty, entertainment, and hospitality sectors. They also have easier access to feminizing medical procedures due to Thailand's medical system, which significantly shapes their societal roles and personal development pathways.

7. **Legal and Military Contexts**: Despite societal acceptance, legal recognitions such as changing gender on official documents are still constrained. Furthermore, all individuals classified as male at birth must attend military conscription lotteries, although kathoeys are usually exempted from service.

8. **Perceptions and Realities**: The document addresses common stereotypes and misconceptions about ladyboys, emphasizing that many live normal lives outside the sex industry. It challenges the viewer to recognize and respect their identity beyond the stigmatized views. The text underscores a complex interplay between cultural acceptance, legal restrictions, economic realities, and societal attitudes toward transgender individuals in Thailand. It suggests a landscape where kathoeys are both celebrated and marginalized, reflecting broader themes of gender, culture, and acceptance in transitioning societies.

See related image detail. Picture of Pimpawee Kograbin

See related image detail. Nisamanee Nutt – Famous Thai Ladyboy Beauty Queen - TG Beauty

And now tell me what I never knew, please 🙏

Edited by metisdead
Spelling error corrected.
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

what does that mean exactly? what actions in past lives? 

Behaviour in their previous life will influence a person's condition in their current life.

Edited by Thingamabob
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SportRider said:

I suppose we are going to see more and more AI generated here.  That's a pity. 

Yes, judging by the results to date the AI machine has had a poor education suitable for an IQ of about 90.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Judging by the standards that I frequently see from posters on here, the AI's IQ is well above them.

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

judging by the results to date the AI machine has had a poor education suitable for an IQ of about 90.

The 2 statements aren't necessarily contradictory of course ...

What strikes me most about the AI products which seem to be taking over the news-delivery function on AN is the propensity for ridiculous levels of exaggeration & pomposity. The merest slip of a little happening is presented as though the future of humanity depended on it.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Hellfire said:

What a fascinating culture! My favorite one, along with the cultures of the ancient Egypt and Greece. Do pedophiles have their own culture too? Would like to know more! 

What has pedophiles to do with this topic?

• Like 2

The one aspect of this so-called transition that many people never discuss, is the fact that 90% are pre-op, meaning they keep their unit but they add on breasts, the 10% who are post-op are never able to achieve an orgasm again, and that's one of the reasons they don't go that far. The second reason is just the massive level of commitment involved. Hacksaw city. Ha! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I play golf twice a week. I speak Thai with the caddies, and I've named my hybrid clubs (a club that is a cross between a wood and an iron) "kathoeys," like "kathoey 2" or "kathoey 4," since that also carries the meaning of "hybrid." The caddies all understand and like that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I play golf twice a week. I speak Thai with the caddies, and I've named my hybrid clubs (a club that is a cross between a wood and an iron) "kathoeys," like "kathoey 2" or "kathoey 4," since that also carries the meaning of "hybrid." The caddies all understand and like that.

..... when the hybrid clubs first came about the Caddies didn't start naming them that 20 years ago ???  :whistling:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Behaviour in their previous life will influence a person's condition in their current life.

they were female in a past life.

thats why they also want to be a female in this life.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Judging by the standards that I frequently see from posters on here, the AI's IQ is well above them.

And AI will actually improve over time.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Thailand can't boast of having a Katoey 4-star Admiral, but if it did, I suspect they would look a little more convincing.:coffee1:

levene.jpg

Antisemitism!

Edited by BigBruv
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The one aspect of this so-called transition that many people never discuss, is the fact that 90% are pre-op, meaning they keep their unit but they add on breasts, the 10% who are post-op are never able to achieve an orgasm again, and that's one of the reasons they don't go that far. The second reason is just the massive level of commitment involved. Hacksaw city. Ha! 

I think it's probably more due to their customers/partners/whatevers being takers/receivers (not givers).

Edited by BigBruv
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBruv said:

Also perverts?

That is a highly judgmental thing to say. Are you always so intolerant of others and their choices and lifestyles? 

Judgment can lead to hatred and then it can spin out of control. Water off a duck's back. 

You can’t hate an animal or a person who makes choices you can't understand. In the case of animals you kick it so it learns, and if it still doesn’t learn you put it down. But you don’t hate it. I’m not going to let what animals do anger me because anger is caused by stress and stress is contagious. And it’s deadly. Negative energy spreads faster than any virus. You wake up late and you knock someone down, as you overtake them on the pavement. You didn’t mean to but they have a temper and you piss them off and they take it out on the girl at the coffee shop who got up late too and is dead tired and she gets pissed and deliberately burns the coffee of the woman with the baby who was too distracted to say thank you. And that woman with the kid needs that coffee because her newborn is ill and kept her up half the night. But the coffee sucks and she’s so tired and stressed and not coping with postpartum depression that her crap cup of coffee is the final straw as she waits for the red light at the crossing. Next, they’re scraping up her and that newborn from the asphalt and the guy who drove the bus is never going to be the same again.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That is a highly judgmental thing to say. Are you always so intolerant of others and their choices and lifestyles? 

Judgment can lead to hatred and then it can spin out of control. Water off a duck's back. 

You can’t hate an animal or a person who makes choices you can't understand. In the case of animals you kick it so it learns, and if it still doesn’t learn you put it down. But you don’t hate it. I’m not going to let what animals do anger me because anger is caused by stress and stress is contagious. And it’s deadly. Negative energy spreads faster than any virus. You wake up late and you knock someone down, as you overtake them on the pavement. You didn’t mean to but they have a temper and you piss them off and they take it out on the girl at the coffee shop who got up late too and is dead tired and she gets pissed and deliberately burns the coffee of the woman with the baby who was too distracted to say thank you. And that woman with the kid needs that coffee because her newborn is ill and kept her up half the night. But the coffee sucks and she’s so tired and stressed and not coping with postpartum depression that her crap cup of coffee is the final straw as she waits for the red light at the crossing. Next, they’re scraping up her and that newborn from the asphalt and the guy who drove the bus is never going to be the same again.

Cool story bro 👍

I just think the mainstreaming of sodomy, sodomites & 'child lovers' is a bit sick.  That's all.

The technicals details are disgusting though the prawn industry normalises it.

Sure, some probably were born that way but many were fiddled with as kids and pass on their

trauma in the same way to others.

Not negative to disagree with 'anything goes'.  It's actually positive if you think about it -

and much more healthy for the people involved and society at large.

Can't legislate for what goes on behind closed doors but imho disfunction shouldn't

be celebrated.

Edited by BigBruv
  • Sad 1