Help! Farang In Thailand

yrushme

On 5/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, yrushme said:

I gave you all the details I told you that the foreign man was the one that wanted to invest I didn't coerced him we were all sitting down talking remember I don't have money I don't have that type of money to do anything like that, if the man sends me money to invest in a business and me helping out how am I wrong for doing that All I'm saying is that I have bank documents that I tried to send the money back, I understand everyone's comments and I don't take it personal I just want your opinion maybe I did wrong by letting him use my bank account, at the same time there's no illegal money being transferred I saved a foreigner money from giving it to this Russian guy I don't I blocked the Russian guy I reported him to the police, so all the facts are there documented and translated in Thai language from the banks from the text messages there was never intent to do anything wrong and mind you like I mentioned the foreign guy and me went to the police after he made the report and he realised he gave me the wrong information it could have been done with but the police didn't want to do it this is where I'm confused? My attorney told me someone can send you money it's not illegal and if you want to pay back you pay it back but if things occur that didn't allow it because of misinformation that's not illegal this is where I'm confused.

You spend a part of the million which was not wise.

20 hours ago, yrushme said:

And for those that are wondering the money that came in from the American guy was clean money, once again he's a retired American airline navy officer, The money was not from illicit gains, All set and done what everything happening I'm done with Thailand! The system here is so corrupt, thank everyone for all the comments negative or positive, but I learnt my lesson never to trust, but God is with me and I know everything will work out! I will give an updated, by Monday afternoon hopefully it doesn't turn for the worst for some odd reason.

You have no way of knowing where the money came from, he could be telling all sort of BS.

• Agree 1

Whats strange about this story is the speed with which the Op and his US friend went from 'someone trusted' to transfer 1 Million Baht to...    to 'accusations of theft of the money' and charges against him... 

The (supposed) 'Ex US Navy officer' seems to have jumped to this 'accusation' against the Op extremely quickly... 

... He's certainly no friend of the Ops to behave in such a manner...   

... Was this a potential scam against the Op ?

... How long did the Op know this  'Ex US Navy officer' friend for ?... and was his claim of being an 'Ex US Navy officer' verifiable in anyway, as this is not exactly behaviour becoming of someone in that former position.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:35 AM, oldscool said:

Three things surprise me about the American:

Agreed as I am one..

Why fools would believe a lifelong grifter

Why they think an election was rigged with ZERO proof

Why they think mexico would pay for a wall..

and many many more.......but then again weak minds are easily misled and why carny folk love em....

So the American has a bank account but needed a stranger (the OP) to accept 1 million baht international transfer? Why didn't the American use his own account? This make no sense. 

UPDATE POLICE  dropped the charge, bank account was unfrozen, He was paid he's on his way back to America and I'm leaving Thailand for good.. 5 years was a good run thank you. But maybe Thailand isn't for me GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Haha 1