Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison

webfact

Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison.

Stupid women ,Self inflicted trouble can't complain.

If you can't to do the time don't do the crime.

10 hours ago, Xonax said:

Giving inmates a harsh prison term, will deter many others from becoming criminals, which is a great benefit to society!

The actual numbers of the prison population over the past 10 years tell a different story.

On 5/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, seajae said:

trying to make money from her crime, she should be put back and the book destroyed. She deliberately tried to send drugs knowing it was highly illegal, she should not be able to make money from her crime, will be total BS trying to suck people in with all her BS, should not have let her out

She got the punishment she deserved, she served her time and now should be allowed to move on with her life.   Perhaps her book might wake-up some girl somewhere who is on a dangerous path.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I used to see these tourists getting busted all the time in Pai. Used to watch it. Locals sell heroin no problem. Actually a cop would be watching. Or the locals would call the police when through.  Most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed. Open and in plain site. 

Edited by Gknrd

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, a product of my personal experience as both a visitor and an inmate, I've been in there, that is the only insight that is needed...and I'm not selling a story.

"That's the only insight that is needed" - seriously???

Because Liverpool Lou says so - let's dismiss all other countless inmates personal recollections different from yours as exaggerated hogwash and never mind the countless reports ranging from respected news sources such as Thompson Reuters, Bloomberg to Human rights watch bodies, documented reports by numerous government agencies and countless undercover videos smuggled out of infamous Thai prisons ..... in direct contradiction of your sanitised version of the gospel truth.

And you're not selling a story! This takes the cake! Of course not since you're still living in Thailand - and presumably have no desire to go back there accused for severely tarnishing the good image of Thailand.

Abraham Lincoln comes to my mind:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, frank83628 said:

so where do you store stuff you buy or is it day by day? if going by the bed situation you're all on the floor without any space, os is that being slightly exaggerated?

Lockers are available to store personal items.

Yes, everyone sleeps on the floor that was covered with what we used to call linoleum that was cleaned every day, not bare concrete.  A thin mattress was provided with a blanket and a tiny pillow.  When I was there all inmates had enough space to sleep with a good few inches between each person...none of that "nine inches of bare concrete floor" nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, traveller101 said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, a product of my personal experience as both a visitor and an inmate, I've been in there, that is the only insight that is needed...and I'm not selling a story.

"That's the only insight that is needed" - seriously???

Because Liverpool Lou says so - let's dismiss all other countless inmates personal recollections different from yours as exaggerated hogwash and never mind the countless reports ranging from respected news sources such as Thompson Reuters, Bloomberg

All of whom, without exception, are selling something - I'm not!   I don't care if you believe me or not, it doesn't make any difference to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

countless undercover videos smuggled out of infamous Thai prisons ..... in direct contradiction of your sanitised version of the gospel truth.

Really? Countless videos smuggled out of and showing Klong Prem, the place the Aussie druggie and I were in and the only place that I am posting about?   Link to just one of those "countless" videos, that directly contradict my experience, if you can.  Or maybe you have some personal knowledge about Klong Prem that you would like to share that would justify your calling me a liar?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really? Countless videos smuggled out of and showing Klong Prem, the place the Aussie druggie and I were in and the only place that I am posting about?   Link to just one of those "countless" videos, that directly contradict my experience, if you can.  Or maybe you have some personal knowledge about Klong Prem that you would like to share that would justify your calling me a liar?

And how do you justify calling every other former inmate with a vastly different recollection of life behind bars in Thailand a liar?

Nothing further

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, digger70 said:

Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison.

Stupid women ,Self inflicted trouble can't complain.

If you can't to do the time don't do the crime.

She did the time  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/17/2024 at 12:20 AM, mikosan said:

No sympathy whatsoever.  Shame you didn't have to serve the whole 31 years in there.  And the fact that you now intend to profit from your criminal activities is a disgrace.

She could care less about your sympathy and she is not profiting from her criminal activities , 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, seajae said:

trying to make money from her crime, she should be put back and the book destroyed. She deliberately tried to send drugs knowing it was highly illegal, she should not be able to make money from her crime, will be total BS trying to suck people in with all her BS, should not have let her out

Shes making money telling her story about imprisonment after a victimless crime.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, traveller101 said:

And how do you justify calling every other former inmate with a vastly different recollection of life behind bars in Thailand a liar?

Nothing further

Because I was there, I know exactly how life goes on in Klong Prem and I am not a liar.   I do not have a book or movie to sell, that, without exception, every other ex-prisoner does and, without their exaggerations, over-dramatisations and invented situations, no one would pay a penny for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, traveller101 said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing further

"Nothing further".

Of course, you've "nothing further", not even one single link to one of those "countless" videos of Klong Prem that you claim exist that contradict my comments, or, perhaps, your own personal account of Klong Prem.   Why do you choose to disparage me as being a liar whilst preferring to believe those doing nothing but making a few quid out of it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charleskerins said:

she is not profiting from her criminal activities , 

She is, she's selling a book about her being jailed for drug smuggling, a criminal activity of which she was convicted!

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:
On 5/16/2024 at 9:26 AM, frank83628 said:

it's a punishment, not supposed to be a walk in the park like the UK prisons. 

it's not supposed to be inhumane

What was confirmed as being "inhumane" about her time in prison?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, charleskerins said:

your post is pitiful.   

My post is accurate. 

The societal tragedy is that too many so-called intelligent people can't see the FACTS below their nose. Reputational damage is the primary weapon of women, this is a known psychological fact. 

I also suggest you google "who reads erotica, men or women?" And you'll get a shock. 

You're reply only displays your knee-jerk ignorance. You can start with this psychological paper. Read it. Educate yourself before commenting. Educate yourself before embarrassing yourself again. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022103117304195

• Confused 1

On 5/16/2024 at 5:08 PM, fittobethaied said:

Man, some of you guys are ruthless. You should be humbling yourselves and proclaiming "but for the grace of God, there goes I". Were you not young once and did some pretty foolish things? The only difference between you and Holly is that she got caught and you didn't. The real crime here is how the Thais treat prisoners. If there is one thing I have learned from living here for 14 years is that there is very little compassion, empathy and forgiveness extended to fellow human beings in this country. Feeding the fish and soi dogs for the sake of "making merit" takes priority over caring for their fellow man. Whatever happened to the concept of "an eye for an eye". The excessive punishment she received comes nowhere near to fitting the crime. 

None of the "ruthless " ones could go through what she went through -that's whay they are triggered.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Shes making money telling her story about imprisonment after a victimless crime.

nonsense .... how many lives has she destroyed in the past when she was using, selling, pushing & trafficking drugs.

And now she's trying to make money by writing a book ...

Hope the book is a big flop and she gets sick and goes to hospital for 6 months.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nonsense .... how many lives has she destroyed in the past when she was using, selling, pushing & trafficking drugs.

And now she's trying to make money by writing a book ...

Hope the book is a big flop and she gets sick and goes to hospital for 6 months.

your post is nonsense       she wasn't pushing drugs               sad how so many haughty folks on here  jump to conclusions     

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1