Anyone run into this Notification from Chonburi Immigration?

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Assuming you have a Non-IMM Visa/Extension & came back on a Re-Entry permit to the same address, I don't believe you needed to.

I obviously believe this as I didn't do a new TM30 when I got back from the UK on 7th May.

The I.O. said I did have to.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The I.O. said I did have to.

Were you doing something else with Immigration at the time or did you just go in to do the TM30?

Others have reported that they didn't need to do a TM30 as they were on a Non-IMM O, returned on a Re-Entry permit & were returning to the same address, which is exactly my situation. 

Besides, it's absolutely ridiculous to expect somebody to report within 24 hours after they've just spent >24 hours travelling, I flew Business Class & it still took me till Day 3 before I felt up to going into town. 

On 5/20/2024 at 10:37 AM, DrJack54 said:

I'm tired of positing the link to change of rules in 2020.

Read carefully section 2.2.

2.2 After the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager has reported as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premise and returned for another stay within the valid period, the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager do not need to make another report;

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those whobeing granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

That's not a direct translation of 2.2, that's someone's interpretation and not a very good one.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are so wrong it's embarrassing.

It's is all to do with ongoing permission of stay.

Use me as an example...

Non O 12 years ago.

Extensions renewed Nov 8.

Continuous permission of stay from 12 years ago. 

Never changed address. 

Suggest you read more threads to be informed. 

So in my situation there is zero need to file new TM30 for travel to another province or international travel returning with reentry permit that protects my permission of stay. 

And I assume you are returning to a home that your name is somehow tied to via marriage or a condo in your name.

Me for example...
I returned to Thailand on a re-entry permit. I have continuous permission of stay for 12 years. I checked into Nana Hotel for a two week stay which was reported to immigration within 24 hours. After my two week stay I moved in with girl I met at Nana Plaza. She did not bother to submit a TM30. Now six months later I need to visit immigration for an extension of stay based on my Non-O visa.

Now according to you, immigration should not require a new TM30 because the notified period of stay that has not yet ended refers to my ongoing permission of stay (in Thailand) and has nothing to do with Nana Hotel's notification of my period of stay.

I'm quite certain Immigration will look at the period of stay notified by Nana Hotel and require a new TM30.

7 minutes ago, ningnong said:

That's not a direct translation of 2.2, that's someone's interpretation and not a very good one.

Ha. That would account for the fact of MANY reports of confirmation of that from immigration offices.

Of course there is always few rogue offices. 

2 minutes ago, ningnong said:

I'm quite certain Immigration will look at the period of stay notified by Nana Hotel and require a new TM30

You are talking nonsense. 

No more replies. 

Posted (edited)

Amazing that when I paste that line of Thai text into Google Translate it is word for word the same as your wife's translation. That's very, very unusual for a block of unique Thai text of that length. Unique in the sense that we aren't translating 'Noi went to the market to buy some bananas.'

Let's try the English translation in the PDF 'TM30 reporting regulation (Eng)' available for download here at AseanNow. I think its a good translation:

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay tahat has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

That's one paragraph, one sentence and one subject, someone who takes in an alien as a resident making notifications to Immigration. Note how the words in bold all tie together.

How can that possibly have anything to do with a permission of stay stamp in your passport?

If it had anything to do with permission to stay in the Kingdom it would clearly state that.

Edited by ningnong
formating jacked up

At the end of the day it depends on what I.O. you are dealing with and could also be down to the individual Officer as well. I am not going to take the risk of falling foul with Immigration and will continue to do a TM30:at Jomtien until they tell me it’s not required. The whole TM30 situation is as clear as mud based in general on peoples opinions, translations from Thai to English on here and bar stool talk.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The 'permitted to stay until' stamp in my passport indicates my notified period of stay.

Oh well I guess we can agree to disagree. I gave you a thanks for the back and forth without the need to resort to personal attacks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 5:56 PM, Irish star said:

I drive to Rayong 

If to inform the local immigration office there that you had recently returned from a trip abroad, you would almost certainly have found that you were wasting your time. They have never asked me (or, more to the point, my wife as housekeeper) for a new TM30 whenever I have needed to do business with them following a foreign trip.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/25/2024 at 7:17 PM, ningnong said:

And I assume you are returning to a home that your name is somehow tied to via marriage or a condo in your name.

Me for example...
I returned to Thailand on a re-entry permit. I have continuous permission of stay for 12 years. I checked into Nana Hotel for a two week stay which was reported to immigration within 24 hours. After my two week stay I moved in with girl I met at Nana Plaza. She did not bother to submit a TM30. Now six months later I need to visit immigration for an extension of stay based on my Non-O visa.

Now according to you, immigration should not require a new TM30 because the notified period of stay that has not yet ended refers to my ongoing permission of stay (in Thailand) and has nothing to do with Nana Hotel's notification of my period of stay.

I'm quite certain Immigration will look at the period of stay notified by Nana Hotel and require a new TM30.

So are you actually talking about (1) a real-life experience with your local immigration office following a stay at the Nana Hotel, or (2) a purely hypothetical scenario? If (1) it would IMHO be extremely helpful if you could specifically identify the office in question so as to enable us then, if we wished, to add it to our "rogue office" lists (assuming, of course, that it is not already thereon).

• Thumbs Up 1