Biden Urges Atlanta Voters to Stand Against Trump: ‘He’s Running for Revenge’

Interesting also that the graduating students at Morehouse were less than impressed at the dubious honour of hosting Joe.  It was such an obvious political pander, given that blacks are starting to favour Trump more and more, that the students wanted to be left to celebrate on their own. But no. Joe needed his moment.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/graduate-morehouse-seniors-focus-students-biden-ahead-presidents/story?id=110349353

"All of it shows that the school is more concerned about leading its sort of political agenda before it is celebrating the students that make the school worth something," said sociology major Marq Riggins. He, along with other seniors at the historically Black college for men, expressed frustration to ABC News over the commotion the president's appearance was causing and how it was drawing attention away from their own celebrations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How on earth are tensions in the M E going to ease with your hero stoking the fire by sending lots and lots of bombs to kill women and children?

Every US-president in the modern age has sent weapons to Israel. Something I personally disagree with btw.

Your hero, Trump, for instance,  gave 3-4 billion dollars in military aid to Israel and Netanyahoo every year during his term. Many of these weapons were used in the clashes with Gaza back then, and in the current war.

Edited by Excogitator
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

No. According to the Police Violence Report, a total of 95 unarmed people were killed by police in 2023. Of those 95, 34 were black. Tragic and stupid, but hardly a national epidemic.  And no data as to how many were killed by racist white cops, since a large percentage of police are themselves black or hispanic. 

https://policeviolencereport.org/

There IS an epidemic of black men murdering black men though.  Something in the range of 8,000 or 9,000 black people are murdered by OTHER black people every year.

So tell me, which is the true epidemic? 

Interesting report, and in particular, charts .

Screenshot_20240522-081128.png

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Interesting report, and in particular, charts .

Screenshot_20240522-081128.png

I agree, very troubling indeed. But it does not show racism among the police. Rather, to me it shows a level of institutional paranoia, mixed with poor/inadequate training, and an over-reliance on force rather than on technique.  

But even with all that, only 34 unarmed black people killed by police. Hardly the "epidemic" that was touted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I agree, very troubling indeed. But it does not show racism among the police. Rather, to me it shows a level of institutional paranoia, mixed with poor/inadequate training, and an over-reliance on force rather than on technique.  

But even with all that, only 34 unarmed black people killed by police. Hardly the "epidemic" that was touted. 

An interesting approach given that MAGA types go berserk if one white woman is killed by an illegal alien.

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

An interesting approach given that MAGA types go berserk if one white woman is killed by an illegal alien.

Again, moving the goalposts and deflecting.

Back to the point- was it accurate, or even helpful, for Biden to refer to this as an epidemic? Given the reality of the situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I watched Biden and Ruto this morning, and it struck me how visibly old Biden looks. He looks older every time I see him now.

Remember when Biden did a little run on his way to the podium? He sure ain't doing that any more. It even looked like he grabbed Ruto's arm to steady himself as they left the podium.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, Excogitator said:

Every US-president in the modern age has sent weapons to Israel. Something I personally disagree with btw.

Your hero, Trump, for instance,  gave 3-4 billion dollars in military aid to Israel and Netanyahoo every year during his term. Many of these weapons were used in the clashes with Gaza back then, and in the current war.

He's a billionaire, ergo no hero of mine. If I support him it's only as the better of two very bad options. However I agree with his policies on illegal immigration, and oil. If nothing else, I'd support him as less likely to start WW3 than Biden, and he would, hopefully stop US arms to Ukraine his first day in the W H.

IMO he would be even worse for Palestinians than Biden, which is my main problem with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He's a billionaire, ergo no hero of mine. If I support him it's only as the better of two very bad options. However I agree with his policies on illegal immigration, and oil. If nothing else, I'd support him as less likely to start WW3 than Biden, and he would, hopefully stop US arms to Ukraine his first day in the W H.

IMO he would be even worse for Palestinians than Biden, which is my main problem with him.

Since most arms shipments to Ukraine are defensive in nature, you are okay with Ukrainians getting massacred by the Russians.

Please explain why you oppose sending Patriot missiles to Ukraine, required to protect civilians from Russian missiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 7:50 AM, Danderman123 said:

Why can't Republicans answer the question if they will support the results of the November election?

Any answer other than "yes" is a no.

What question?

Edit. I just twigged what the question is- the post wasn't well written.

Perhaps they hate Trump as much as any Democrat, but want to win or keep their seat in congress.

Wouldn't you keep schtum if your career was at stake?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1

On 5/25/2024 at 7:52 AM, Danderman123 said:

Since most arms shipments to Ukraine are defensive in nature, you are okay with Ukrainians getting massacred by the Russians.

Please explain why you oppose sending Patriot missiles to Ukraine, required to protect civilians from Russian missiles.

LOL. F16s are not defensive weapons, Leopards are not defensive. Pull the other one.

When Ukraine runs out of Patriots they will have to negotiate an end to the war, which means many Ukrainians will not die. It is YOU that wants the war to continue, which will result in many more dead Ukrainians.

You are the warmonger, not I. I want an end to the war, and it needs to end soon.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. F16s are not defensive weapons, Leopards are not defensive. Pull the other one.

When Ukraine runs out of Patriots they will have to negotiate an end to the war, which means many Ukrainians will not die. It is YOU that wants the war to continue, which will result in many more dead Ukrainians.

You are the warmonger, not I. I want an end to the war, and it needs to end soon.

Tell your friend Putin to take his troops out of Ukraine.

Ignoring trump for a moment if you support biden you have got some serious issues. I’m actually surprised people even admit to supporting him. You’re a laughing stock if you support him. Look at all the big moves he’s made, wars blowing up pipelines. None of it benefited you it hurt you via inflation and higher gas prices. He can’t even speak or walk. He’s a complete genocide supporting train wreck. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Ignoring trump for a moment if you support biden you have got some serious issues. I’m actually surprised people even admit to supporting him. You’re a laughing stock if you support him. Look at all the big moves he’s made, wars blowing up pipelines. None of it benefited you it hurt you via inflation and higher gas prices. He can’t even speak or walk. He’s a complete genocide supporting train wreck. 

Kamala Harris Gains Voter Trust in 2024 Election: Swing-State Poll - Bloomberg

40 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden would have been booed, too.

But he was smart enough not to accept the invitation to speak.

Biden was invited? Why would they invite Biden to that?

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden was invited? Why would they invite Biden to that?

The Libertarians invited the top 3 presidential candidates. Only Biden was smart enough to decline.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure! It's not the fault of Russia if Ukrainians are dying! 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's easy to tell when a candidate has nothing positive to offer the electorate as they resort to attacking the opponent. Biden's got nothing but Trump bad man, Trump bad man

That's rich from a Trumper!

Since how long has Trump been attacking Joe Biden, the rigged 2020 elections, plus  all the B.S. claims, in the absence of any coherent  program?  😀

• Like 2