Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

More off topic posts from the king of off topic posts have been removed, also replies.

Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

@beautifulthailand99

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Yes and you can believe whatever they send will work and is up to specs!

What is putin  getting from North Korea?,junk.

I think the low speed drones he's getting are doing surprisingly well for the moment. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Putin remains a master strategist

Russia Downs Own Ka-29 Helicopter Over Black Sea Resort Town: Reports

ussia accidentally downed its own Ka-29 helicopter with its air defense systems over Anapa, a town in Russia's Krasnodar Krai on the northern coast of the Black Sea, according to local reports.

"In Anapa, our own air defense shot down our own helicopter," Egor Guzenko, a Russian soldier who runs a Telegram channel under the call sign "Thirteenth," wrote on Friday.

Guzenko said the Kamov Ka-29 helicopter was struck by one of Russia's Pantsir missile systems, adding that it could have happened "due to a malfunction."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ka-29-helicopter-crash-anapa-black-sea-1915686

Putin can't be held responsible for an operational accident in theatre - just as Biden can't be blamed for the US bridge collapse or Israelis shooting their own hostages. Blue on blue activity is normal in an active war zone.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Putin can't be held responsible for an operational accident in theatre - just as Biden can't be blamed for the US bridge collapse or Israelis shooting their own hostages. Blue on blue activity is normal in an active war zone.

You missed the sarcasm then. Stop ducking

“I’m afraid I won’t get enough training and then I’ll be moved closer to the front and then I’ll die senselessly,” said Mykyta, a 28-year-old web designer from Lviv, in western Ukraine.

Those fears are backed by some military analysts, who say that Ukrainian troops often lack adequate training, which makes it difficult for Kyiv to hold its lines as they are quickly sent into battle to replace combat losses.

Jack Watling, a military expert at the Royal United Services Institute, a defense think tank in London, said that most Ukrainian soldiers were lucky if they got five weeks of training. By contrast, Britain trained infantry soldiers for about 22 weeks during World War II, he said.

https://archive.ph/VrCeP

1 hour ago, rabas said:

More tears shed for poor Ukrainians fighting and dying so foolishly. But not one tear in 188 posts for even more Russian lives shredded needlessly in meat grinders. 

How strange is that? 

Well, "such a waste, can't win, give up," is the near sole purpose of the staggering mass of Russian propaganda now flooding the world. Putin, and western experts, know he can't defeat a determined $52 trillion NATO. Can you connect the dots?

I'm balancing the views here and I have expressed my profound sorrow for all those dying in this senseless war in many posts , some deleted when I try to express in more detail my beleifs , and I see a lot of posts gloating in the deaths of Russians and I haven't seen you expressing pushback on that. It is for the Russians to change their system if they can or want to I, however am a western voting taxpayer so I have some small skin in the game and if I can help in a very small to stop this relentless path to global war beween 2 superpowers with nukes on my "side" which I sincerly think is the road we are heading on ,  and one in which the US with the Monroe Doctrine wouldn't accept a foreign power in their own backyard ,then, in my humble opinion I beleive I am doing good.

I checked out of Pax Americana a long time ago, I'm more a Private Švejk than a Colonel Blimp - they have destroyed enough countries and people in the name of democracy and justice but in reality is usually always about power, control and wealth, to know it's always different this time but seldom is, and in those beliefs I have held them sincerley for more than 50 years now man and boy.

I can't cheerlead or get behind my government's bellicose trajectory  so I wouldn't ask others , maybe coerced, to do something I wouldn't do myself. If you don't want to read my shading on this war then don't. But don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write the message and if you think I peddle Putin's propaganda and am a useful idiot well then that's your right. 

Oh and in the article you referenced from me they are not dying but avoiding that and best of luck to them in that struggle. There's nothing glorious about being dead.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Reports are that the Vovchansk pocket still exists, but the front lines are receding from it. The longer the trapped Russian soldiers hold out, the farther away the front lines will move.

The Russians are building a defensive line near the border, on the Ukrainian side. I suspect that in a month or so, that will be the front line. The Russians will have accomplished creation of a border defense that will stop incursions into Belgorod region.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChicagoExpat said:

@Gweiloman hates the West while enjoying all the benefits the West has given him... like all of those simping for dictatorships.  If Gweiloman got the world he purports to want, or would actually have to live in China, Russia, Iran, etc, he would be singing a different tune.  First of all, he couldn't be on fora like this, as places to express one's opinion freely don't exist.

Absolute rubbish. You know not of what you speak. Propagandised but too ignorant to realise it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weibo

• Haha 1