1,882 new COVID-19 hospitalisations and 16 deaths in the last week

webfact

On 5/20/2024 at 2:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

COVID is expected to rank 10th among causes of death in the U.S. for 2023 when the final counts are released later this year -- well ahead of the flu and pneumonia.

"Based on preliminary data, COVID-19 still ranks as the 10th most common cause of death in the U.S. for 2023, a drop from 3rd in 2020 and 2021 and 4th in 2022."

https://www.cdc.gov/ncird/whats-new/changing-threat-covid-19.html

AND

Study: COVID Still Deadlier Than the Flu -- But the Gap Is Narrowing

"After adjusting for variables, the risk of death in people hospitalized for COVID-19 was 35% higher (adjusted HR 1.35, 95% CI 1.10-1.66), the authors detailed in a research letter in JAMA.

"...there were nearly twice as many hospitalizations for COVID-19 compared with the flu for the 2023-2024, according to CDC surveillance data."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1327600-study-covid-still-deadlier-than-the-flu-but-the-gap-is-narrowing/

is this deaths of people  found to have covid after death by other causes, or healthy people dying because of covid only ?

Remember how they inflated the number of covid deaths, even from people with heart attack's, cancer, etc

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 2:02 PM, shackleton said:

When I went into my local shopping Mall even the staff there advised me to wear a mask 😷 

On this occasion I was not wearing the face mask but soon reverted back to wearing it 

Better safe than sorry 

Are you serious? What mall is this? If this story is true then I'm not coming back to Thailand. I'm not going to wear a [mask] again and especially not to enter a mall!

If it were me I'd have told the staff how nonsensical it is to wear a mask (they're useless) and that I'm not going to wear one for the rest of my life (many Thais will be wearing them for life).

Edited by stats
trolling reference removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is there any hysteria about road deaths and the highway patrol's absolute refusal to patrol the highways to insure safety? 

Was there any hysteria about the recent burning season, which was the worst in memory? 

No. Why? For one, they did not have huge Big Pharma companies with an agenda. 

I would not put another baht into their pockets, unless this was more comparable to smallpox...

Well said sir. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes many, and yes.... Most public health agencies -- including the Thai MoPH -- still recommend mask wearing and social distancing as effective measures to reduce the risk of catching COVID.

"For safety sake, he suggested the wearing of face masks in crowded places, on public transport and in hospitals and nursing homes for the elderly. Washing hands often is also recommended, as are rapid antigen tests if flu-like symptoms develop, he added."

Of course these institutions "still" recommend mask wearing. They'll recommend Thais wear their [masks] for life, because there will literally never be a good reason to remove them, according to the MOPH, which is by far the most hysterical fear mongering health agency of any country in the world. No other country even comes close, not China, not Japan.

Mask wearing is Thailand's national religion.

Edited by stats
trolling reference removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post citing numerous claimed COVID-related statistics and no linked sources for any of them has been removed.

Please note the following forum rule:

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

Posted (edited)

Fact Check: No evidence to link UK excess deaths to COVID-19 vaccines

February 7, 2024

"For example, ONS data show all-cause deaths in England were higher among the unvaccinated than those who had received at least one dose, for every month in its April 2021 to May 2023 dataset.

“There is no evidence COVID-19 vaccinations are linked to these estimated excess deaths,” a spokeswoman for the ONS said via email.

Experts point to the long-term effects of surviving COVID infection, NHS delays and a lack of preventive care as explanations for the higher-than-average mortalities.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/no-evidence-link-uk-excess-deaths-covid-19-vaccines-2024-02-06/

Current evidence shows COVID-19 vaccination doesn’t increase risk of sudden cardiac death

"In April 2024, the CDC published a study evaluating immediate or contributing causes of death via death certificates of young adults aged 16 to 30 in Oregon[1]. The aim of the study was to determine risk of SCD among adolescents and young adults after COVID-19 vaccination.

To do this, they examined deaths that weren’t caused by COVID-19 and could potentially be cardiac-related. They further narrowed down the deaths of interest by looking at only deaths that had occurred within 100 days of COVID-19 mRNA vaccination. The researchers chose this time period given evidence that adverse events associated with vaccination tend to occur within 42 days of vaccination.

From these remaining death certificates, just three deaths occurred within 100 days of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

The researchers determined that death in all three cases was due to natural causes.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/current-evidence-shows-covid19-vaccination-doesnt-increase-risk-sudden-cardiac-death/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2

A post containing profanity, along with unsourced and unsubstantiated claims, has been removed.

Per the forum's rules:

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.