Drunk Chinese national causes extensive damage in a Bangkok hotel

snoop1130

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Cheers, didn't reply sooner as I'm doing the Mae Hong Son loop with me Aussie biker mates!👌

I had to Google it. 

Wow, wish I I was there. 

It would be a great ride with the Aussies, they should keep you entertained.

Enjoy the ride mate. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Boedog said:

of course they won't that never happens

Nope they won't. The Chinese police are a lot more reasonable than some westerners want to believe.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

ransacked-2.jpg

A Chinese man was arrested in Bangkok after causing havoc at a hotel while under the influence of alcohol. The 30-year-old caused extensive damage to a hotel room in the Sathorn district, burning and breaking various items of property.

The local police were alerted by the manager of the hotel on Southern Sathorn Road on May 19, after the intoxicated visitor went on a wrecking spree. The police found evidence of arson on the door of the room and many damaged items within the room. Hotel staff and security had managed to restrain the man.

After sobering up, the man informed the police that he checked into the hotel on May 18 at around 3:11 am and stayed till 7 am the next day. During that period, he confessed to consuming alcohol and destroying several hotel property items.

The damage caused by the man was extensive. It included burning a room door and a room service call button with a cigarette lighter, smashing a glass window, a 55-inch television set, a door on the 15th floor of the hotel, a lamp, a marble table, and bedding. The total cost of the damage he caused was estimated to be 150,800 baht.

The man has been charged with three offences according to the Criminal Law. These include setting fire to another person's property, causing damage to another person’s property and public intoxication causing disturbance. The penalties for these offences range from fines to imprisonment for periods between six months to seven years.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

He might have been looking for his lost phone?...

9 hours ago, Slocum said:

No countries welcome these type Low Scums.....Charge to Max...Cane if possible...shame him publicly..Jail and Expell ...Never allowed to return again.. Disgraceful and distasteful..

China will banish him to China only 

Let’s hope it gets front page news in Thailand and China. Anyone doing that much damage in a few hours needs locking up, fined, and deported for life. Bumped into an ex cleaning lady in Jomtien a few years back. She was then working in one of the hotels. Said they’d just had a disaster , bed covers, sheets everything filthy after a group of Chinese checked out. Why I ask, just why, do they behave like savages at home ? 

Give him the Chinese man the maximum jail term so others realize that Thailand isn't fooling around,maybe he and others will then think twice before going crazy.