Lazada Refund Today.

MartinL

Once you understand the process of how Lazada works it’s all quite simple with no scam.

The only scammers, are some vendors selling fake products

Except for a few sellers who make returns deliberately difficult, it has always been a breeze.

[ex: Lazada gives 48h for the seller to respond; response comes at 47hours 40minutes; and then another 10 days for the pickup to happen. ]

Recently one of these bad sellers tried to bribe me with a 50-Baht coupon if I were to take down my bad review of their product/service. Of course I did no such thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, MartinL said:

I wanted to post in this thread but it's closed - 

This is my latest experience with a Lazada refund.

I ordered an electric massager for my wife and it arrived in 2 days. It was a COD purchase as are 99+% of our Lazada orders.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as described so I started the returns process yesterday afternoon and we were at the "Pending pick-up" stage. About 11.15 am today, we got a call from the return courier to say they'd collect in 30 minutes. But we had no return label for the parcel. The courier arrived and, while she was waiting and chatting to Mrs.L, the label arrived for printing. At the same time, the refund was made to my Lazada Wallet, even though the courier hadn't actually touched the package at that point. Label was attached and the courier was on her way.

Last time we returned something, we had to wait 3 days (?) for seller approval and then maybe another day for the return label to be generated. No waiting this time. 

All in all, a very good return/refund experience and, TBH, all my recent returns have been dealt with well although not as swiftly as this one, probably because of the seller approval requirement mentioned.

Thanks.

After this report I reckon millions of people more will order at Lazada.🤗

You got your commission already?😂

22 hours ago, MartinL said:

I wanted to post in this thread but it's closed - 

This is my latest experience with a Lazada refund.

I ordered an electric massager for my wife and it arrived in 2 days. It was a COD purchase as are 99+% of our Lazada orders.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as described so I started the returns process yesterday afternoon and we were at the "Pending pick-up" stage. About 11.15 am today, we got a call from the return courier to say they'd collect in 30 minutes. But we had no return label for the parcel. The courier arrived and, while she was waiting and chatting to Mrs.L, the label arrived for printing. At the same time, the refund was made to my Lazada Wallet, even though the courier hadn't actually touched the package at that point. Label was attached and the courier was on her way.

Last time we returned something, we had to wait 3 days (?) for seller approval and then maybe another day for the return label to be generated. No waiting this time. 

All in all, a very good return/refund experience and, TBH, all my recent returns have been dealt with well although not as swiftly as this one, probably because of the seller approval requirement mentioned.

I am stuck with a chair which costs 1,200 Bt it was the wrong one. The seller refused to contact me and their Chatline made me promises they would not keep. Do not trust them.

3 hours ago, twizzian said:

Once you understand the process of how Lazada works it’s all quite simple with no scam.

The only scammers, are some vendors selling fake products

There is more to it than that I can assure you. Lazada may have some honest sellers, but a lot of them are crooks and in my experience Lazada themselves were no help either.

35 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am stuck with a chair which costs 1,200 Bt it was the wrong one. The seller refused to contact me and their Chatline made me promises they would not keep. Do not trust them.

Don't want to belittle your experience, NSJ, but did you start the Lazada returns process proper rather than just contacting the seller? Contacting the seller isn't necessary and seems to just add a extra layer of problems. Personally, I can't remember the last time I contacted a seller prior to a return.

I don't know how long ago your chair incident was but, until very recently, once the return process was started, the seller had 3 days to respond after which Lazada automatically assumed return was approved and issued a return label and arranged a courier to pick up. Once the item was received (by Lazada, seller, idk) then refund was approved and made. 

That seems to have changed within the 2 months since my last returned item. The return I mentioned in the OP - Package was received about 9 am on Monday 19th. May and was obviously wrong, based on size of package alone. I didn't bother to contact the seller. Started the Lazada returns process about 11 am same day, the item was picked up and refund made by 11.20 next day to my Lazada Wallet which was then used to pay for a replacement order, from a different seller, about an hour later. No wait for seller approval and thus a saving of at least 3 days. I was expecting to have to wait those 3 days and was very happy that it wasn't necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Don't want to belittle your experience, NSJ, but did you start the Lazada returns process proper rather than just contacting the seller? Contacting the seller isn't necessary and seems to just add a extra layer of problems. Personally, I can't remember the last time I contacted a seller prior to a return.

I don't know how long ago your chair incident was but, until very recently, once the return process was started, the seller had 3 days to respond after which Lazada automatically assumed return was approved and issued a return label and arranged a courier to pick up. Once the item was received (by Lazada, seller, idk) then refund was approved and made. 

That seems to have changed within the 2 months since my last returned item. The return I mentioned in the OP - Package was received about 9 am on Monday 19th. May and was obviously wrong, based on size of package alone. I didn't bother to contact the seller. Started the Lazada returns process about 11 am same day, the item was picked up and refund made by 11.20 next day to my Lazada Wallet which was then used to pay for a replacement order, from a different seller, about an hour later. No wait for seller approval and thus a saving of at least 3 days. I was expecting to have to wait those 3 days and was very happy that it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for all your help. I spoke to Lazada on the chatline day after day, they eventually said they would contact the seller which turned out to be lies. i just got fed up with all their garbage and lies.

59 minutes ago, MartinL said:

That's how it works, chatting to the seller doesn't work, I have the T-shirt.

You return the goods via LAZADA app, you only use LAZADA app.

They pick it up and return to seller, he has 3 days to respond, if he doesn't, you get an automatic refund.

If the goods are not sent back in the condition, or shoddy return packaging, you may get a problem...

P.S. When I get an order in a box, I open it carefully from the bottom side, it keeps the wrapping intact so you can just tape the bottom up if returned...😋

I have NEVER had a refund problem, money goes into my Bangkok Bank account the same day I request it by their app............🤗

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

That's how it works, chatting to the seller doesn't work, I have the T-shirt.

You return the goods via LAZADA app, you only use LAZADA app.

Agree ... mostly. But although I have the app., I do everything on my laptop. Same result though .... successful refund every time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

The wallet is a scam. It’s just a way not to give refunds. They make a lot by doing this. People who get refunded are lucky. 

Why? You can let pay it out from the wallet to your Lazada registered Thai Bank Account.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A friend ordered  a cheap phone,  COD.

He opened the package in the presence of the delivery guy, but after handing over the money. 

That was a mistake. 

The package contained a phone, yes, even an iPhone, not the Android he had ordered.  But it was a model from 20 years ago, and not even working. 

The delivery guy didn't give him back the money. 

Within 7 minutes after delivery, my friend complained with Lazada.

They said, it was not their tracking code,  so he hadn't ordered through Lazada.

The seller doesn't respond to messages.

The seller sent the package under a fake name (he used as name a common English racial slur) and a not existing address (I didn't know this was possible - if I send just a small parcel worth a dollar through Kerry or the post office I must show my passport)

Unfortunately for them, my friend had every step of the purchase documented with screenshots. Lazada then found, that it was their order, after all, gave him some blabla and have him wait 3 days. Let's see what will happen. 

BTW the "store" is still "selling"

Edited by Lorry

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lorry said:

He opened the package in the presence of the delivery guy, but after handing over the money

COD, The driver won't release the item without receiving your money. 

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

The delivery guy didn't give him back the money. 

So he shouldn't, it's not the drivers problem, he's just doing his job. 

Your friend should be more careful with his money, he's probably the same guy who orders stuff of Facebook then complains because he was sent a phoney item. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

COD, The driver won't release the item without receiving your money. 

Agreed.

So he shouldn't, it's not the drivers problem, he's just doing his job. 

Also agreed.

Your friend should be more careful with his money

????

How?

Are you bring facetious?

The way I see it: From Shopee or Lazada one can only buy cheap stuff or stuff where the packaging shows what's inside. 

A phone is the opposite: any brick may be in there,  and most phones are not cheap.

Contrary to what many people think,  COD is no protection at all.

Or you say, I had 100 good buys with Lazada/Shopee, I don't mind being defrauded on the 101st one, possibly with the help of Lazada/Shopee

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lorry said:

Agreed.

Also agreed.

????

How?

Are you bring facetious?

The way I see it: From Shopee or Lazada one can only buy cheap stuff or stuff where the packaging shows what's inside. 

A phone is the opposite: any brick may be in there,  and most phones are not cheap.

Contrary to what many people think,  COD is no protection at all.

Or you say, I had 100 good buys with Lazada/Shopee, I don't mind being defrauded on the 101st one, possibly with the help of Lazada/Shopee

I agree with you, I never have and never will pay COD, for convenience and protection I always pay with my kasikorn credit card. 

Over the many years I have been sent the wrong item and on a few occasions I have had to get the bank to help me. 

It's quite easy, I go into my local kasikorn branch fill out a form and a few weeks later my money is returned. 

On each occasion I have kept the wrong item I received at no charge, getting a full refund. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

Lazada now says again, it wasn't our tracking number,  so you didn't order with us.

They ignore all the screenshots sent to them.

I know how impossible it is to fight these internet monsters in my own country if they don't want to help you.  

And if Lazada is in on it you have no chance. 

Thai police don't do anything against Chinese companies (see the scamming industry across the border,  where Thailand even provides the necessary telecom infrastructure).

On 5/21/2024 at 12:22 PM, MartinL said:

Unfortunately, it wasn't as described

Can you please post a photo......:coffee1:

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can you please post a photo......:coffee1:

I was half expecting a comment like this 🙂 . Surprised it took so long! Thanks.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got cheated out of 650 B by at seller selling fake goods (electronics).

I have never applied for a refund. 

Refund policy is very complicated,  no wonder people don't understand it.

What I understand is:

Don't communicate with the seller,  apply for a refund through Lazada.

But still, the seller has to agree to a refund (why should he do that??).

I should prove the item is fake and not working,  how?

Judging from the purchasing procedure (complicated) and the delivery (the delivery guy disappeared in our back yard so we couldn't find him) this will be a lot of work. 

Then I don't get my money back,  I get brownie-points in a so called "Lazada wallet". How to set this up? 

If I really want my money back,  there are 2 ways: "activate" my wallet by giving Lazada my passport number (I won't do that), then I could use the wallet for further purchases,  or applying for a refund in real money and giving them my bank account number (also dangerous).

Can I give them my girlfriend's bank account? (not dangerous because empty)

Did I miss something?

Just now, Lorry said:

Cabb you use the contents of the wallet to buy stuff?

I was told that's only possible if I give them my passport number

I've used the contents in the past.

In the past, on a few occasions had my refunds placed in my wallet. 

Refunds these days go back to my credit card or Line wallet. 

56 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I just got cheated out of 650 B by at seller selling fake goods (electronics).

I have never applied for a refund. 

Refund policy is very complicated,  no wonder people don't understand it.

What I understand is:

Don't communicate with the seller,  apply for a refund through Lazada.

But still, the seller has to agree to a refund (why should he do that??).

I should prove the item is fake and not working,  how?

Judging from the purchasing procedure (complicated) and the delivery (the delivery guy disappeared in our back yard so we couldn't find him) this will be a lot of work. 

Then I don't get my money back,  I get brownie-points in a so called "Lazada wallet". How to set this up? 

If I really want my money back,  there are 2 ways: "activate" my wallet by giving Lazada my passport number (I won't do that), then I could use the wallet for further purchases,  or applying for a refund in real money and giving them my bank account number (also dangerous).

Can I give them my girlfriend's bank account? (not dangerous because empty)

Did I miss something?

Yes, you can't work out refund procedures, just spend your time complaining on here instead of working out those procedures.

I have never had a problem getting my money back, even on an obvious fake phone.........:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've used the contents in the past.

In the past, on a few occasions had my refunds placed in my wallet. 

Refunds these days go back to my credit card or Line wallet. 

Just called Lazada and asked.

They say,  they definitely want my passport to activate the wallet. 

I tried to activate the wallet anyway, but I must take a photo of my passport. My passport is worth a lot more than 600 B.

They say there is no other refund possibility. 

So the people who say it's a scam seem to be right,  and the ones who give Lazada all information for free are just digital naives.

Edited by Lorry
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1