Ireland, Norway, & Spain to Recognize Palestinian State Amid Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you pass that query to the Spanish Government.

Why? Are you also confused, I'm not but the poster I was responding to is.

"The Spanish government will formally approve the recognition later today"

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wiping out a terror group and freeing hostages 

The one he signed off funding to.

What is it about Netanyahu’s dumb decision to back funding for Hamas that supporters of the continuing carnage in Gaza can’t deal with?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I’m not at all confused Brian.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not at all confused Brian.

Why did you ask me to  pass that query to the Spanish Government? Why did you think I was confused with what the Spanish Gov said?

"I suggest you pass that query to the Spanish Government."

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The British are, just like the Spanish entitled to make their own decisions.

It’s something that comes with sovereignty and self determination.

Sovereignty and self determination is a good thing, it should not be denied people and certainly not when the means to thwart their seeking nationhood is by funding the likes of Hamas.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s something that comes with sovereignty and self determination.

Sovereignty and self determination is a good thing, it should not be denied people and certainly not when the means to thwart their seeking nationhood is by funding the likes of Hamas.

You don't say......:biggrin: 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry of that’s a shock to you.

Why do you think that is a shock? I am British I agree with them. I was aware of their decision when they announced it. Very strange.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What is it about Netanyahu’s dumb decision to back funding for Hamas that supporters of the continuing carnage in Gaza can’t deal with?

So you think that Israel should have enforced the blockade on Gaza more stringently and stopped money going into Gaza and stopped outside money from going into Gaza .

Odd, I thought that you would have opposed the blockade and agreed with aid money being allowed into Gaza

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Why do you think that is a shock? I am British I agree with them. I was aware of their decision when they announced it. Very strange.

Well clearly you seem to think that the British having a different opinion is some kind of argument against the position of Spain, Norway and Ireland.

Opinions differ Brian.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So you think that Israel should have enforced the blockade on Gaza more stringently and stopped money going into Gaza and stopped outside money from going into Gaza .

Odd, I thought that you would have opposed the blockade and agreed with aid money being allowed into Gaza

I think Israel should have got out of the way of the right of Palestinians to their own state and self determination.

Classic foreign interference gone bad.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Well clearly you seem to think that the British having a different opinion is some kind of argument against the position of Spain, Norway and Ireland.

Opinions differ Brian.

That does not explain why you think that was a shock for me when I was the one that linked to it for you to read?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, not confused at all. You distorted the text you linked to.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, not confused at all. You distorted the text you linked to.

This was my reply last time to you, it remains the same, I'm waiting for the links:

"uuum, its a quote:

"Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital"

Can you explain the difference and link me to these usual distortions that you claim I make? I find that quite offensive"

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think Israel should have got out of the way of the right of Palestinians to their own state and self determination.

Palestinians cannot be trusted with their own state , they will wage war against Israel first chance they get .

Israel knows this and doesn't want a war with them 

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Israel did not put Hamas in power, they did that by themselves. There are some great historical topics on this where its been discussed with links many times. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

The more political battles Israel loses, the more kids they kill. Why it’s allowed I have no idea. 

You Palestinian supporters are always going on about kids all the time.

Not just you though , many of you 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians cannot be trusted with their own state , they will wage war against Israel first chance they get .

A grossly generalized pejorative view of a whole nation of millions  of people.

I’m sure there’s a name for that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

This was my reply last time to you, it remains the same, I'm waiting for the links:

"uuum, its a quote:

"Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital"

Can you explain the difference and link me to these usual distortions that you claim I make? I find that quite offensive"

You said "Spain is recognizing Gaza as a Palestinian state as of today.". Far from the same as the words from the Spanish PM "Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank".

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

While that statement is based upon nothing other than your own prejudice, I must agree that if a country was suddenly to emancipate a people who's necks it had been standing on for decades while it systematically abused them and dispossessed them of their lands, I too would be wary that chickens would come home to roost.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You said "Spain is recognizing Gaza as a Palestinian state as of today.". Far from the same as the words from the Spanish PM "Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank".

You said "Spain is recognizing Gaza as a Palestinian state as of today.".

It is and in fact its now happened and I also provided a link for context. 

image.png.68a15dba0313045706240a2da242cc55.png

Now can link me to these usual distortions that you claim I make? I find that quite offensive"

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A grossly generalized pejorative view of a whole nation of millions  of people.

I’m sure there’s a name for that.

It is true  and correct thought 

Palestinians have stated it themselves numerous times . 

They are on the streets singing "from the river to the sea"

They have a long history of attacking Israel .

They will attack Israel again as soon as they get the chance 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

While that statement is based upon nothing other than your own prejudice, 

Its based on Palestinians constantly attacking Israel for the last 80 years and they wont stop until they get what they want 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Spain has recognized Gaza today. What are you talking about? Together with the West Bank. How’s that going to work with Hamas at the helm of Gaza?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Kind of like victim blaming there .

Blaming Israel for the attack because Israel didn't enforce the blockade strictly enough and aid money was allowed in . (Hamas are to blame to the Oct 7 terror attack)

You are stating that Israel should have enforced the blockage more stringently , yet when Israel does indeed enforce the blockade more stringently you will be claiming that its a genocide .

Damned if they do, damned if they dont 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its based on Palestinians constantly attacking Israel for the last 80 years and they wont stop until they get what they want 

Not every Irish person fought against the British or even condoned the actions of the IRA but I am sure that many more supported and still support a negotiated return to proper Irish borders. 

Likewise, if a peaceful means of negotiating a fair and just resolution was available to Palestinians, I have no doubt that the majority would seek that route.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not every Irish person fought against the British or even condoned the actions of the IRA but I am sure that many more supported and still support a negotiated return to proper Irish borders. 

Likewise, if a peaceful means of negotiating a fair and just resolution was available to Palestinians, I have no doubt that the majority would seek that route.

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

This is a different situation to the troubles in Ireland and is incomparable 

Both people want the same land though . 

Both Israelis and Palestine want Jerusalem and neither side will budge on that 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Nothing like the IRA conflict, and while Hamas is still in power forget talk or peace and a 2 state solution, they do not believe Israel should have a state.