Judge Upholds Involuntary Manslaughter Indictment Against Alec Baldwin in 'Rust' Shooting

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You are clearly locked into this delusion and refuse to think outside your own cognitive bias.

I love good western movies - have you seen how many times a gun is pointed at another person and fired.

Movies are not real mate - all those car crashes you see in the movies are 'faked' and some people died doing that.

Just ask Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious movies. 

Unbelievable.   Go get a life - maybe find another cause mate - go save some soi dogs.

This wasn’t an already filmed and edited movie.

This was an incompetent individual handling a weapon in an unsafe manner.  Pointing a weapon at another person, pulling the trigger without checking the battery of the weapon.

Nothing but incompetence can describe Baldwins actions and those who support him.

Appropriate avatar BTW

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

So you will not answer my question.............😂

My firearms' licence is with regard to your assumptions about me and my posts regarding firearms, so I found it for nothing.

You are buried twice now.............🙄

Your claimed piece of paper means nothing.

Your lack of firearms safety knowledge as shown by your incompetent replies is disturbing.  

Actions speak louder than paper.

I keep burying you.  

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Your claimed piece of paper means nothing.

Your lack of firearms safety knowledge as shown by your incompetent replies is disturbing.  

Actions speak louder than paper.

I keep burying you.  

You can stand down now, don't forget to check your revolver is empty before you put it in its case, would hate for you to have an accident...................😂

3 minutes ago, transam said:

You can stand down now, don't forget to check your revolver is empty before you put it in its case, would hate for you to have an accident...................😂

No need for me to continue burying you with your incompetent posts.

You’re doing an excellent job of burying yourself.  Good job ol’ boy, good job!

IMG_2240.jpeg

1 minute ago, G_Money said:

IMG_2240.jpeg

Yeh, riiiight............😂

I look forward to your next "let's try and bury someone" thread.........:clap2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

You lack of knowledge increases with every one of your posts.

Then tell me what a "press check" is, you wrote it..........?  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

This wasn’t an already filmed and edited movie.

This was an incompetent individual handling a weapon in an unsafe manner.  Pointing a weapon at another person, pulling the trigger without checking the battery of the weapon.

Nothing but incompetence can describe Baldwins actions and those who support him.

Appropriate avatar BTW

That was an illogical irrational post.

Did you read my post? Obviously not because I stated that actors have been pointing guns at other people for decades in westerns.

IMO the movie amourer (person responsible for weapons safety) was at fault and the movie producer/company who hired her.

Judging by your responses to both mysef and others like @transam you have nothing remotely useful to say = blocked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Did you read my post? Obviously not because I stated that actors have been pointing guns at other people for decades in westerns.

IMO the movie amourer (person responsible for weapons safety) was at fault and the movie producer/company who hired her.

Judging by your responses to both mysef and others like @transam you have nothing remotely useful to say = blocked.

Alex Baldwin is the producer. 

Do you think that if written protocol mandates the actor check the weapon when they received it, they still bear no responsibility when they don't? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Then tell me what a "press check" is, you wrote it..........?  🤔

If you knew anything (claimed) about firearms you would know.  

Google is your best friend, along with a new shovel 🙂 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

“illogical irrational “

Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.  Go ahead and run away and hide.  Good riddance.

At least transam engages.  While I don’t agree with him (or you) I respect him more.

53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you think that if written protocol mandates the actor check the weapon when they received it, they still bear no responsibility when they don't? 

You’re making it way too complicated for him. He still thinks pointing the weapon at someone and pulling the trigger is “OK” as long as it’s on a movie set.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, G_Money said:

If you knew anything (claimed) about firearms you would know.  

Google is your best friend, along with a new shovel 🙂 

Tell me what a "press check" is in relation to this case.......?

Go for it........😉

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Another ignorant post that would have not been written if the writer had done some research.

The story of the 'Rust' movie was was written by Alec Baldwin and Joel Souza - with the Screenplay written by Joel Souza, who was also the Director. The Producers of the movie Rust were - Alec Baldwin, Matt DelPiano, Ryan Donnell, Smith Anjul Nigam, Ryan Winterstern, Nathan Klingher and Grant Hill. And the Production Companies were Rust Movie Productions, El Dorado Pictures, Cavalry Media, Thomasville Pictures, Brittany House Pictures and Short Porch Pictures. The Armourer - the person responsible for weapons safety on a movie set - was Hannah Gutierrez-Reed and she was found guilty of involuntery manslughter and was sentenced to 18 months in jail earlier this year.

On what planet are you people that blame the Actor for doing with a 'weapon' what thousands of other actors (and he himself) has done millions of time over the many decades movies have been made involving weapons.  He was given the 'weapon' and used it in the movie take on the basis that it had been verified/certified as 'safe'.  Or are you demanding that the necxt actor than drives a car with a passenger that has an accident in which the passendger is killed, due to a fault with the car, is guilty or manslaughter/murder.

The Actor was not in any way at fault - it was and still is not any actor's responsibility to make sure that ANY item they are given is safe to use on a movie set. Anyone that thinks otherwise is not thinking properly.  If Alec Baldwin had been shooting live rounds with that gun immediately before the movie scene, and the weapon was not checked by a professional trained armourer before he used it on the movie set  - then and only then is/was he at fault. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Another ignorant post that would have not been written if the writer had done some research.

The story of the 'Rust' movie was was written by Alec Baldwin and Joel Souza - with the Screenplay written by Joel Souza, who was also the Director. The Producers of the movie Rust were - Alec Baldwin, Matt DelPiano, Ryan Donnell, Smith Anjul Nigam, Ryan Winterstern, Nathan Klingher and Grant Hill. And the Production Companies were Rust Movie Productions, El Dorado Pictures, Cavalry Media, Thomasville Pictures, Brittany House Pictures and Short Porch Pictures. The Armourer - the person responsible for weapons safety on a movie set - was Hannah Gutierrez-Reed and she was found guilty of involuntery manslughter and was sentenced to 18 months in jail earlier this year.

On what planet are you people that blame the Actor for doing with a 'weapon' what thousands of other actors (and he himself) has done millions of time over the many decades movies have been made involving weapons.  He was given the 'weapon' and used it in the movie take on the basis that it had been verified/certified as 'safe'.  Or are you demanding that the necxt actor than drives a car with a passenger that has an accident in which the passendger is killed, due to a fault with the car, is guilty or manslaughter/murder.

The Actor was not in any way at fault - it was and still is not any actor's responsibility to make sure that ANY item they are given is safe to use on a movie set. Anyone that thinks otherwise is not thinking properly.  If Alec Baldwin had been shooting live rounds with that gun immediately before the movie scene, and the weapon was not checked by a professional trained armourer before he used it on the movie set  - then and only then is/was he at fault. 

Correct...........:clap2:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

You are so funny...................😂

Does he have to fire the thing at something to make sure the rounds are not live...........🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You mean take the bullets out and check them by some means - exactly how does an untrianed and unqualified actor do that??  Remember some movies use blanks in old guns that look like real bullets as they roll into the firing chamber - not those ones with crimped heads in starting pistols.

Get real mate - you obviously have an anti-gun bias and that is fine, but this media driven frenzy against Baldwin seems to me to have no substance and is all about the gun activists getting publicity for their cause - being to get banned the use of guns in movies.

PS - the gun he was handed when he got into the exact position, and I mean the exact to the mm position for the camera angeles etc., was already cocked - it aint easy cocking an old gun - it takes a fair bit of effort. The armourer is in jail for not doing that correctly - and it is her job and responsibility to do that - not the actor's.

Discussion over.

PPS - I have been on TV and Movie sets - and it is amazing what they do and how they do it.  Next time you watch a movie let the credits roll and read all the names and roles. The person delivering coffee does not get credit - but there are literally hundreds of people doing things on movie sets all the time - taking things on and off the set etc.  Some people literally think is is just a few people involved - and that acting is easy.  No it aint - and it is only when you see one working up close that you know what they go through to prepare themselves to be in the right mood and with all the right body and facial 'language' etc etc - again and again - really good actors are awesome to watch as they perform their craft - and they dont have the time to check what others have checked, nor to be distracted or lose focus by doing that. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, G_Money said:

IMG_2240.jpeg

I am still waiting about your "press check" in relation to this case.

I actually know what it is, so please tell all......😉

I am waiting..........🤗

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

But other actors did not play parodies of Trump.... 😃

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You mean take the bullets out and check them by some means - exactly how does an untrianed and unqualified actor do that??  Remember some movies use blanks in old guns that look like real bullets as they roll into the firing chamber - not those ones with crimped heads in starting pistols.

Get real mate - you obviously have an anti-gun bias and that is fine, but this media driven frenzy against Baldwin seems to me to have no substance and is all about the gun activists getting publicity for their cause - being to get banned the use of guns in movies.

PS - the gun he was handed when he got into the exact position, and I mean the exact to the mm position for the camera angeles etc., was already cocked - it aint easy cocking an old gun - it takes a fair bit of effort. The armourer is in jail for not doing that correctly - and it is her job and responsibility to do that - not the actor's.

Discussion over.

PPS - I have been on TV and Movie sets - and it is amazing what they do and how they do it.  Next time you watch a movie let the credits roll and read all the names and roles. The person delivering coffee does not get credit - but there are literally hundreds of people doing things on movie sets all the time - taking things on and off the set etc.  Some people literally think is is just a few people involved - and that acting is easy.  No it aint - and it is only when you see one working up close that you know what they go through to prepare themselves to be in the right mood and with all the right body and facial 'language' etc etc - again and again - really good actors are awesome to watch as they perform their craft - and they dont have the time to check what others have checked, nor to be distracted or lose focus by doing that. 

Why would you expect that an actor working on a union set, that has to handle firearms, is untrained and unqualified. Having worked in and managed unions shops, if protocol mandates the actor check the weapon, the actor is trained and qualified to check the weapon. 

On a revolver, you just flip the cylinder out and check the primer end of the rounds. With an automatic, you just pop the clip out, but of course you guy all know this. 

I worked on the movie Grease back in the '70s. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why would you expect that an actor working on a union set, that has to handle firearms, is untrained and unqualified. Having worked in and managed unions shops, if protocol mandates the actor check the weapon, the actor is trained and qualified to check the weapon. 

On a revolver, you just flip the cylinder out and check the primer end of the rounds. With an automatic, you just pop the clip out, but of course you guy all know this. 

I worked on the movie Grease back in the '70s. 

With a semi-auto the clip will be all live, the spent cases are ejected......🤭 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I meant live meaning real, as opposed to blanks, but you knew that too, yes? 

Of course, you did.........😋

If you actually read my post, I said check the rounds, not live rounds. 

But when you're grasping, you're grasping huh?

Semi autos don't have clips. They have magazines.

• Thanks 1

While there is a difference between clips and magazines, in regard to hand-guns, they are often used interchangeably (no pun intended) at least in the US.