SMS Scam Related To AIS

Posted (edited)

If you receive the following SMS from AUTHSMS (as the so called sender) then don't click the link. It's malicious:

AIS แจ้งเตือนคะแนนของคุณใกล้จะหมดอายุ กรุณาแลก: https//2h.ae/LiaA

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, george said:

Do you have a source for this?

I have 2 AIS SIM in 2 identical phones. 

One - only one - got a very long SMS from AIS with picture warning about some  scam from people impersonating AIS. To read the whole SMS one would have to click on it, which I didn't do.

Best delete everything from AIS immediately and never answer calls from AIS.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, george said:

What do you mean by source please? All I see is the fake sender's name as being AUTHSMS as noted above. No number is provided. 

The malicious link seems to redirect to aisaisth.sbs, but I think the domain is already suspended.

IMG_6206.thumb.jpeg.d8d138e09c52ed5f63438c689b23a8b5.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

What do you mean by source please? All I see is the fake sender's name as being AUTHSMS as noted above. No number is provided. 

The malicious link seems to redirect to aisaisth.sbs, but I think the domain is already suspended.

IMG_6206.thumb.jpeg.d8d138e09c52ed5f63438c689b23a8b5.jpeg

Also got same message today. Called AIS and was told it is spam and DO NOT click on it..just delete, block.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thainet said:

Also got same message today. Called AIS and was told it is spam and DO NOT click on it..just delete, block.

aisaisth.sbs connected to the malicious redirect link is already confirmed to be suspended. So threat is neutralized for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

It’s bad practice to send links in SMS messages and the originators should know better.

Try telling that to True, Big C and Lazada to name but 3.........(along with AIS)

17 hours ago, Lorry said:

I have 2 AIS SIM in 2 identical phones. 

One - only one - got a very long SMS from AIS with picture warning about some  scam from people impersonating AIS. To read the whole SMS one would have to click on it, which I didn't do.

Best delete everything from AIS immediately and never answer calls from AIS.

are you absolutely positive about this, because I'm with AIS and they NEVER send sms messages in english, Only in Thai.

12 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

are you absolutely positive about this, because I'm with AIS and they NEVER send sms messages in english, Only in Thai.

If you tell them you want SMS in English they will send them in English from now on.

Some of their staff, after having heard my Thai,  changed their settings without my request so that from now on I got English SMS.

If they change the language you will also automatically be directed to the English call center if you call 1175.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lorry said:

If you tell them you want SMS in English they will send them in English from now on.

Some of their staff, after having heard my Thai,  changed their settings without my request so that from now on I got English SMS.

If they change the language you will also automatically be directed to the English call center if you call 1175.

Go into the myAIS app, then click on Profile, then click on AIS Network Settings.

There you can IVR Language and SMS Language to English. If you do that, and you still receive SMS messages in Thai, claiming to come from AIS, then they are always an AIS phishing scam. 

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChumpChange said:

There you can IVR Language and SMS Language to English. If you do that, and you still receive SMS messages in Thai, claiming to come from AIS, then they are always an AIS phishing scam. 

Not sure that's 100% true. Most of my messages come in English but after buying a specific data pack and after confirmation in English, I get something in Thai,  which I was told was to do with points. Also no link in those messages.

16 minutes ago, topt said:

Not sure that's 100% true. Most of my messages come in English but after buying a specific data pack and after confirmation in English, I get something in Thai,  which I was told was to do with points. Also no link in those messages.

There may be certain messages occasionally from AIS that haven't been translated into English. And the only time they normally send links is if you ask them a question over the phone and they send a link to provide further information. 

But if anyone ever receives a link in an SMS message from AIS, and you feel uncertain about it, then just call them on 1175 and ask them to confirm the link. 

16 hours ago, Lorry said:

Doesn't work. My settings have always been for English for both IVR & SMS. SMS messages are ALWAYS in Thai.

16 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Go into the myAIS app, then click on Profile, then click on AIS Network Settings.

Doesn't work. My settings have always been for English for both IVR & SMS. Genuine SMS messages I receive AIS are ALWAYS in Thai.

Have even asked AIS why my SMS messages are never in English and they have no clue.

32 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Doesn't work. My settings have always been for English for both IVR & SMS. Genuine SMS messages I receive AIS are ALWAYS in Thai.

Have even asked AIS why my SMS messages are never in English and they have no clue.

Is the account registered in a Thai person's name? Also, make sure, if it's in your name, that they have you listed as a foreigner and not a Thai person on the account.

This may not resolve the issue, but I had a similar issue once with a bank account and it had to do with how my name was shown on the account. 

On 5/27/2024 at 10:05 PM, george said:

I had a warning from AIS last week, on both of my phones, warning me about these scams. Sorry, I cannot print the message as I deleted it. I also delete all messages in Thai as I cannot read Thai. I have told AIS not to send messages in Thai to me.

18 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Go to the service centre and ask them to stop all Thai messages - English only please. I told them that I never want messages in Thai on my main number. I never get any now.

I delete everything on the second phone as no one knows that number.