I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

44 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Well, it's true we have never met, but my farang wife and I retired at 44. Moved here 18 years ago. Never worked since, never been bored, have enough dosh for many decades more.

If life is so great you would never have joined a forum. 

• Haha 1

Just now, susanlea said:

If life is so great you would never have joined a forum. 

Some truth in that, but I feel there is several different groups here, but those who are constantly posting new threads, and complaining, I do not think have a great life. 

The key is to stay positive through the bull pie storm, and look at the bright side of it even surrounded with to much negativity, and never give in for deleted opinions or grumpy men. 

The negativity some spewing out, might feel like a boost for others to, so? I mean, you apprecitate what you have more because of the negativity others feel and experience. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Reading stupid posts is part of why I'm never bored...

Then you have no life then. I was right. If you were busy doing so many things you would never join a forum.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Then you have no life then. I was right. If you were busy doing so many things you would never join a forum.

so you have no life? looking at social media is fine including forums you can't do stuff all the time, you should know that, that's called being too busy.

BTW are you are woman? or a man with a woman's name?

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

so you have no life? looking at social media is fine including forums you can't do stuff all the time, you should know that, that's called being too busy

Nobody on any internet forum has a great life. That's why they joined one. If they had a great life they would never join up. If you are on a forum then you are no better than anyone else who is. 

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

so you have no life? looking at social media is fine including forums you can't do stuff all the time, you should know that, that's called being too busy.

BTW are you are woman? or a man with a woman's name?

Ralf changes genders 

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nobody on any internet forum has a great life. That's why they joined one. If they had a great life they would never join up. If you are on a forum then you are no better than anyone else who is. 

you sound depressed, seeing the negative, maybe Thailand isn't for you, would be tough for a woman in a man's world

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Define great life? 

Have everything in life I wanted and needed. I have reached all my goals in life with good margin. Little bit ups and downs as life went on, but the downs it made me stronger in the end, and more greatful for the life I have now. 

Then someone online here claims Im not happy, go figure

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 3:53 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I look forward to going back to a routine 

These old drunken old expats  don't have routines 

I watch one old guy every morning sit at that mini mart opposite Arcadia resort with the other drinks he then waddles up to his room in a stupor 

Please I don't want to end up with NO routine 

Waking up to do the same drinking all day 

I honestly believe these guys were NOT alcoholicd before they lived in Pattaya 

They are bored with their life's ,no routine,nothing to do etc 

What you care ?

You are not responsible for their lives .

They are the losers , often without knowin it .

Sad , just don't look at them if you don't like to ... do something you like to do , or are you just doing it ?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

you sound depressed, seeing the negative, maybe Thailand isn't for you, would be tough for a woman in a man's world

You sound bored like the cleaner. At least he helps the hospital run.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Define great life? 

Have everything in life I wanted and needed. I have reached all my goals in life with good margin. Little bit ups and downs as life went on, but the downs it made me stronger in the end, and more greatful for the life I have now. 

Then someone online here claims Im not happy, go figure

Your reading skills are lacking. I never said any individual was not happy. People with great lives don't join forums and don't try to act better than other people. That does not mean anyone is unhappy, just that in reality they have nothing better to do. If you have low expectations then go to the mall for lunch and tell people you are happy.

20 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Your reading skills are lacking. I never said any individual was not happy. People with great lives don't join forums and don't try to act better than other people. That does not mean anyone is unhappy, just that in reality they have nothing better to do. If you have low expectations then go to the mall for lunch and tell people you are happy.

Uhm, so my reading skills lacking, might be so, 

35 minutes ago, susanlea said:

34 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What you care ?

You are not responsible for their lives .

They are the losers , often without knowin it .

Sad , just don't look at them if you don't like to ... do something you like to do , or are you just doing it ?

Loooseerrrr...

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Uhm, so my reading skills lacking, might be so, 

They don't make movies about retired people who go to the mall for lunch. That's not a great life, that's an ordinary life. Totally fine if you are happy with that. Just not a great life. Nobody in 100 years will remember you.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, susanlea said:

What if people don't like golf or movies? Then it is just exercise so would not be fun for many. Retirement tends to suit low achievers with low expectations. You don't see many high achievers retiring young.

So, what is your grand retirement schedule. Impress me.

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Best ask georgieboy.... he's that one that willingly had his sphincter invaded by Dr Oliviers digit.

Maybe he enjoys the extra girth of the male fingers.

Careful if both his hands were on your shoulders.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

They don't make movies about retired people who go to the mall for lunch. That's not a great life, that's an ordinary life. Totally fine if you are happy with that. Just not a great life. Nobody in 100 years will remember you.

🤓😅

At least I will not go out of history unknown. Still after a few decades nobody remembers you, even you are in lexica. 

What you mention above, have nothing to do with a great life, it is how you feel inside right now, right here. 

Cant live on memories, they aint worth deleted if you are not ok now! 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

🤓😅

At least I will not go out of history unknown. Still after a few decades nobody remembers you, even you are in lexica. 

What you mention above, have nothing to do with a great life, it is how you feel inside right now, right here. 

Cant live on memories, they aint worth deleted if you are not ok now! 

What's your favourite shopping mall for lunch?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

What's your favourite shopping mall for lunch?

Last time I had lunch in Thailand, at the Hilton Garden swimmingpool Silom. 

Should that prove Im happy or having a great life? 

You are a troll, 

Edited by Hummin

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Last time I had lunch in Thailand, at the Hilton Garden swimmingpool Silom. 

Should that prove Im happy or having a great life? 

You are a troll, 

Did you eat shrimp?

I think back tonight ( in Australia) as I go to work on the night shift how lucky I was to "escape" what I call the Pattaya hell hole 

What if I had retired there without doing that trial run?

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I think back tonight ( in Australia) as I go to work on the night shift how lucky I was to "escape" what I call the Pattaya hell hole 

What if I had retired there without doing that trial run?

Pattaya is not so bad, it is the people it attracts 🤔

• Haha 1